[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it honestly possible to have a sound uninterrupted sleep while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1489542391213.jpg (1MB, 1452x1561px) Image search: [Google]
1489542391213.jpg
1MB, 1452x1561px
Is it honestly possible to have a sound uninterrupted sleep while camping? Basically every time I go /out/ I wake up 2-3 times a night- be it the ground, the cold, or animals waking me. I carry a thermal sleeping bag and an air-mat, so don't tell me I'm skimping with the wrong gear
>>
>>973240
You just need to get used to it. Eventually you enjoy the sounds of nature and they help you sleep
>>
You are skimping with the wrong gear. You forgot to buy the whiskey.
>>
i sleep better in my hammock than in my bed at home (unless my thermal pad slips a bit)
>>
File: tree_1.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tree_1.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
>>973240
you're probably sleeping just the same innawoods as at home. Most people only sleep 50 minutes at a time then wake up briefly. At home we just rollover and go back to sleep with no recollection. When camping you're in a memorable location so these interruptions remain in your mental heapspace.

>waking up in a tent with mesh roof look up and see a great horned owl soar over head.
>or a meteor blazing with a blue-green vapor trail

at home I would have just flipped the pillow over and gone back to sleep.
>>
>spend five months sleeping in a tent by a river in Alaska
>never sleep as good anywhere since.
>>
>>973240
You bought the wrong air mat.
>>
Quit being a kike and buy something decent to sleep on/in
>>
>>973240
I sleep on the trail for six months straight, never felt better in my life; I go back to sleeping in my bed and constantly wake up tired and sore.

You probably just didn't give yourself a chance to get used to it.
>>
File: hands_up170.gif (629KB, 170x124px) Image search: [Google]
hands_up170.gif
629KB, 170x124px
Despite the lack of sleep get in the forest, I have never awoke tired or exhausted. Mostly I feel refreshed and more alive.
>>
Bring a gat and yull sleep like baby
>>
File: geeps_dr.png (19KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_dr.png
19KB, 261x195px
Anon the only prerequisites for spending a nice night or nights in the woods are proper sleeping stuff and a sound mind.

Now you've indicated you have proper sleeping stuff...
>>
>>973808
are you saying a gun? What
>>
>>973240

Humans have a response to sleeping in a strange place. Your brain stays just a little bit awake to be more alert to dangers. I forget what the fuck it is called, first night effect I think?, but it varies from person to person.

I remember when I was a kid, I could never sleep when I went over to sleep at a friend's house, like maybe an hour or two at most. Same shit happens when I go camping. It goes away after a few days. Stay out for longer and your sleep will get better and better. Other than that I guess you could get some Melatonin. Stuff makes you sleepy but is non addictive and pretty damn mild. Just a bit of grogginess when you first wake up.
>>
while we're on topic
what's something decent to sleep on ?

I wanna go bike packing and I want somehting comfi and reasonably priced , packing weight should be resonable but comfyness and price are more important
>>
>>974708
my gf convinced my melatonin is satanic so now I stay away. You get dependence like all sleep drugs
>>
>>974845
Nigger melatonin is satanic
>>
I have this problem too but im still new.

I bring my dogger, which is 50% Anatolian and a pistol, so safety concerns are gone. But its just damn uncomfortable.

I think it mostly has to do with sleeping position honestly. At home I sprawl out or curl up and can generally just shift around. Do that outside and suddenly youre on like 50 sharp ass rocks.

I have a hammock ill be trying this year though, so we shall see.
>>
>>973240
+1 for melatonin. But also if you can't sleep at night you haven't hiked enough. Exhaustion = sleep
>>
>>974845
>use a substance literally every night as a crutch
>cease to use it abruptly
>WAHHHHHH WHY DOES MY SLEEP FEEL OFF

Nigger, understand up/downregulation.
>>
Am I the only one who needs to wake up to piss 3 times at night when it's cold?
>>974845
>>975189
Melatonin supplementation does not lead to dependence, tolerance, or any kind of downregulation. Please l2 drugs before spouting shit.
>>
>>975248
https://vanwinkles.com/the-dark-side-downsides-side-effects-of-melatonin
>>
>>973240
I spent almost the entirety of last summer sleeping out of a tent (~10 weeks). I'm a realllly heavy sleeper, granted, but for the first 5 days or so I'd wake up once or twice though usually this would be around 5:30-6:30 AM with me going to bed around 11:30-12. So more just waking up earlier than I needed to. After the first week though I slept through the whole night fine consistently minus a few times waking up to go pee (usually after drinking).
>>
>>973256
This. I usually do a few swigs before I pass out for the night and it generally knocks me out until morning. Helps with the cold and getting comfortable too.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.