[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about a terraced garden in the backyard? Similar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: latest.png (244KB, 547x327px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
244KB, 547x327px
What do you think about a terraced garden in the backyard? Similar to the pic.

Looks wonderful.
>>
>>972856
That would turn into a backyard pond after a month where I live
>>
I dont need to grow rice
>>
File: 1484233092527.png (15KB, 337x324px) Image search: [Google]
1484233092527.png
15KB, 337x324px
>>972856
You would need some serious drainage.

Would this be on a hillside, or flat ground?
>>
>>972856
It doesn't need as much drainage as you think, check your soil contents before and see if there is an excess of clay though.
>>
>>972856
does this come with a couple dinks hiding in the treeline with a pkm?
>>
>>972856
I built a garden out of logs on a hillside. It gets great drainage and great sunlight. I had amazing luck with cabbage and lettuce.
>>
>>972856
In Reallife it will look all messy and shit until you put huge effort in it.
Remember Dirt? It's everywhere and does look like shit...
the walls rinse out, you will have to use grass seeds and wait forever, your footprints will ruin it. have fun climbing it every time. and you will never get a comfortable working height and depth, because you have to lean in for some work.
>>
File: flooded terrace farming.jpg (73KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
flooded terrace farming.jpg
73KB, 700x467px
>>972883
>>972885
>>972887
>>973099
Yep. Too much rain and you're royally fucked.
>>
>>972883
Came here to say this.

Depends where you live, but those deeper parts better have some soil that drains well.
>>
>>973099
kek
>>
>>972856

I would think that if you did raised beds then drainage wouldn't be an issue.

One thing you WILL have to be ok with is the fact that you'll be climbing up and down those fucking terraces all damn day because it takes to long to go around to the stairs.

All long as you're fine with that then have at it.
>>
Would drainage be an issue if the lowest level had some "thirsty" plants?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.