[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a quality airgun for scaring away shitting seagulls.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0917.png (3MB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0917.png
3MB, 2001x1125px
Need a quality airgun for scaring away shitting seagulls. Is this one good?
>>
>>972278
I think a CO2 semi-auto, or an electric full auto airsoft would be better.
>>
>>972278
Bottle rocket launchers work good.
>>
>>972278
Stunt kites are fun and effective.
>>
File: JGu0O0B.png (1MB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
JGu0O0B.png
1MB, 640x900px
>>972286
i love stunt kites

10/10 idea anon
>>
Diana panther 21. never met a pigeon it couldnt kill
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-19-14-55-31.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-19-14-55-31.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>972278
Build one. Drill a 1/4 inches hole in a gas pipe cap, shove a bike valve in, attach to water pipe and then a valve, then get a black or galvanized pipe to 1/2 inch copper pipe attachment, and shove whatever you want in it. I made one at the age of like ten because my mom took my bb gun away. You just pump it with a compressor or bike pump (or I suppose co2) and pull the valve to shoot. I killed a squirrel when I was 13 with a nut and bolt bullet. I took a 2x6 to make the body. It's still kicking around. I used wet paper towel or an apple as an airtight wadding. With heavy loads I have shot through some heavy hardwood boards. I'd say it has more than the force of a .22 short at high pressure, but not the speed.
>>
File: IMG_3029.jpg (78KB, 666x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3029.jpg
78KB, 666x250px
>>972347
Kek. I would rather build a potato launcher. If you take out a seagull, you could probably use the bird as ammo for the next one.

>>972278
You really want a pistol? It is much more difficult to aim, especially when going for small stuff like birds. A co2 rifle like the Crosman 1077 (cheap and it works) would be great for little stuff like that. They aren't super powerful but will still do damage with the right pellet and you don't have to pump it again if you miss the first shot. There's also co2 pistols but they are generally pretty weak compared to the rifles.
>>
>>972278
BB the stupid tourists who feed them
>>
Buy airshit if you want to scare them not kill them.
I speak from experience.
>>
>>972475
Concur. Killing them is easier, but it's illegal to kill them everywhere that I know of. It's also generally illegal to "molest" them, but the law usually looks the other way because they know what pains in the asses they are. Just don't endanger people or freak out the tourists. It takes a little creativity.
>>
File: IMG_3036.jpg (145KB, 550x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3036.jpg
145KB, 550x430px
>>972365
Release hawks instead.

Shitty greentext time:
>be me, maybe like 12 years old
>last day of vacation in St. Pete Beach, gotta get rid of all the hotel food before going to the airport
>normally just go out on the beach and watch swarm of seagulls devour it
>this day, being the most odd of days, there are no seagulls anywhere to be seen
>is confused
>eventually get one hungry seagull flying in for an easy and free meal
>seagull just about to land and eat food a few feet in front of me
>hawk divebombs the thing at Mach 7
>hawk and seagull ball roll around in the sand for 10sec
>hawk wind and carries off seagull, prey bird is almost the same size as bird of prey but he got a good meal
At least I know why there were no seagulls.

>>972475
Depends what you get. My 1000fps rifle will go in and out of pidgeons no problem. But a little 400fps pump pistol, you will just annoy the bird unless you are really close.
>>
>>972634
>be 10
>fishing with dad
>5th of July
>have a bunch of left of fireworks
>while bait is soaking start throwing bits of bread up to the gulls
>Hitchcocklvlofbirds.jpg
>fill one pocket with bread the other with m-80s
>light a punk and hold it with teeth
>take slingshot and fill with m-80 wrapped in bread
>pull back light fuse and launch

I blew the heads off of four gulls before my dad caught me with his belt.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.