[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got the word I'm moving to Portland, Maine. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1475720977109-pol.png (770KB, 871x677px) Image search: [Google]
1475720977109-pol.png
770KB, 871x677px
I just got the word I'm moving to Portland, Maine. I'm moving from the Midwest. How is Portland for an /out/doorsman?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>972261
Maine is fucking horrible. Hipsters everywhere. And everything is so condensed. There is practically no outdoor space. But the swimming is fantastic. Open, sandy, warm beaches.

Try using bing.com an searching "im a fucking retard"
>>
>highest population density in the us
how the fuck do you think /out/ing in maine is?
>>
>>972271
Wat
>>
>>972261

I lived in the small village of Patten in upstate Maine. The area around Katahdin is beautiful, go to Baxter State Park some time. There's nothing else redeemable in the northern half of the state, just terrible poverty.
>>
>>972893
>>972261

Addendum: If you're coming to Maine with money, buy some cheap land up in Penobscot county and sit on it. (If that's still good advice, I'm working with memory from 2006)
>>
Acadia is like 2 hours away and it's pretty great. oh and 90% of the state is just woods. so pretty good as long as you aren't a pussy about cold weather
>>
Acadia, AT, Atlantic muhfuggin Ocean, you'll do all right OP.
>>
>>972261
GOMAD!

It can get a little scary drinking all that dairy.

>GOMAD
>>
>>972261
All these other guys are so hardcore they always keep a stick in their ass for emergency fires. Your gonna love it man, lots of places to hike, lots of water, and cheap lobster. Just make sure you stay off of private land without permission. And the winters are cold so be ready for that.
>>
File: yeah, nah.jpg (157KB, 960x674px) Image search: [Google]
yeah, nah.jpg
157KB, 960x674px
>>973028
>>973033
>>973309
>not mentioning the 114,268 cases of confirmed zika in the last 12 months
maine dept of tourism plz go
>>
File: IMG_2027.jpg (2MB, 4026x3016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2027.jpg
2MB, 4026x3016px
>>972893
Also go visit Katahdin Woods and Waters. It's the new national monument right next to Baxter.

It's amazing.

Acadia is well worth it too. There's a lot of nice places to kayak in New Hampshire and Maine as well if you're into that and Vermont is a short jaunt away.

Plenty of /out/ to keep you occupied.
>>
Once you're settled in, get on airbnb and find a dank cabin in the woods to rent for a weekend.
>>
>>973320
It's not tourism if he's moving here, and tourism improves the economy smart guy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.