[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to just move around the US wandering until you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3216.jpg (13KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3216.jpg
13KB, 256x192px
Is it possible to just move around the US wandering until you find a new place to live?
>>
>homeless general
>>
File: 195recompute.jpg (146KB, 423x282px) Image search: [Google]
195recompute.jpg
146KB, 423x282px
>>971877
No permits no papers?

https://youtu.be/P8JW75Lv25k
>>
i'm kind of thinking of doing this. i figure i can get a gym membership with planet fitness to shower and roam around in my car, camp in national forests and try to get odd jobs on craigslist or temp agencies when i feel like settling in a place for a little bit.

i wonder how viable it is though.
>>
http://cfu.freehostia.com/Members/jeffreysawyer/livinginquiry/
>>
I drove around america a little, a cop in north dakota asked me where I was going and got me some gas. traveling around america is fun, it just takes some cash.
>>
>>972013
I was in new orleans about a month before katrina. lot of fun. really didn't do anything.
>>
>>972016
the middle of the country is just one giant farm, haven't seen california/washington yet.
>>
>>971928
What do you mean?
>>
>>971877
I did this on the A.T. this winter but with just basic gear and a rifle and fishing pole.

Made a thread here but nobody believed me because if you do anything tough without thoroughly documenting it then you're somehow a liar.

You can easily survive this way, but I hope you grew up poor. It will help if you did grow up poor in order to cope with this lifestyle. It's dirty and hard.
>>
>>972220
did you have a tramily and a trail name and all that gay stuff... other people that could back you up? i saw the thread it seemed pretty farfetched.
>>
>>972178
Means law enforcement may think you're some mexican or allahu akhbar
Even if you're a white mail, they'll think you're a patriarchy rapist
>>
>>972335
I was completely a loner. I wanted to be alone. Its the only time I'm comfortable. Avoided people at all costs. Would walk off trail to avoid them.

I would however look through their trash. You could live solely off of hiker trash.
>>
>>971877
Yes. Easily.
>>
>>971877
yeah and if you find a steady job but don't have a place to stay you can chill at the local church mission for a few months
>>
>>972019
>haven't seen california/washington yet.
Coastal forests in Oregon and Washington might be some of the most beautiful places that exist south of Alaska. California has beauty too, but apart from the Lost Coast (accessible via an unmarked dirt road branching off 101, which might be closed right now anyway after the tremendous rains we've been having) it's very urbanized. Even the "small town" areas have a highway running through and 4G cell service. South of Chico, the entire state of California is essentially one giant city.

Everywhere in Washington is beautiful, though. Seattle is one of the few cities I think is fun to visit, although I would recommend parking farther away and taking public transit in, if possible. It's a horrible city for driving in.
>>
>>971877
No anon, unless you're JACK REACHER you will fucking die. Don't do this desu senpai.
>>
>>971877

Only jobs you can get are slavery type jobs.

You won't even be able to find those because the public library with the computers won't let you use their computers because 1. You smell/dirty/sickly 2. No residency to sign out a library card
>>
>>972561
>>972561

Police have arrest quotas.
FBI also might rope you in to commit some crimes because they have quotas too.
>>
I've done this my whole life difference is I have a vast skill set that allows me to go anywhere without nothing and carve out a life for my family n I till its time to move on difficult yes but possible
>>
>>971947
That is what I've been doing.
Don't pay for gyms just for showers, truck stop showers are cheaper but you can get them free if you are creative. Also, homelessness general.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (11KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11KB, 310x163px
>>971877
I spent time living in California, Colorado, Utah, Tennessee, North Dakota, New Jersey, and Maine, plus significant time in New York, Washington, Massachusetts, and Oregon, and I have been to all the contiguous 48, most several times.

Finally I just realized that I don't like America that much and have settled in Canada.

Maine is objectively the best state if anyone is wondering.
>>
Having lived in Florida,south and north Carolina,Tennessee,Connecticut,Rhode Island,California,Idaho,Maine,Texas I have to agree with the last post Maine beats them all hands down
>>
>>976757
That's why they have staffing companies anon. I'm doing it right now, 12 hour days in a factory @ 14-18 an hour. You just walk in, and with experience like mine, they send you to a place that night.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.