[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a few years I'm going to be inheriting a house with some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

In a few years I'm going to be inheriting a house with some land, fairly large, out in the country.

I want to start a commune.

I'm a fairly withdrawn person. I hate most people, and most people hate me. So I want the commune to be selective. But I don't want it to end up like a cult.

I want log cabins, with septic, and wells. There will be a power grid. Internet is available. I want most of the food to be grown. I also want a few acres set aside to grow firewood. I expect the things to be built and maintained to be done by the residence. Everyone should have their own cabin and garden plots, plus a communal building and garden.

I don't want (regular) outside visitors.

I have a humanitarian side to me, and want to take in homeless people. But I expect most have mental problems, and might mess everything up.

Also kicking people out could lead to problems.

I'll expect income from farmin (crops, animals), and by what talents the residence might have to sell (wood carving? vetenary?)

My goal is for a full and happy and productive land, thats still green, that is profitable enough to buy and attach more land to expand.

Any thoughts or tips?
>>
>>970452
I'll believe it once you've done it.
>>
>>970452
>Any thoughts or tips?
Kill yourself and donate the land to someone who isn't such a fucking faggot
>>
>>970452
I don't think you have the right personality or disposition to manage a community and should not follow through on this plan.
>>
>>970630
this

op you don't really want this, you want the perfect idea of this

communes are absolute shit. go visit some and gain some perspective. you will NEVER get people who you will get along with enough to live with for any amount of time. you know how much of a bitch having a shitty girlfriend is? now imagine having 10 of them except 8 have dicks
>>
What OP is essentially describing is a 19th century reformist community. Some where actually quite successful but they were highly organized, had a unifying ideology (mostly religious) and had strong (even authoritarian) leadership. In fact some of them became so profitable that theory just became businesses, like the Oneida silverware company.

Some of them turned into straight-up cults, a lot of them just withered and disbanded.
>>
File: Dogge06.jpg (85KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
Dogge06.jpg
85KB, 500x471px
>>970476
Agreed. Probably won't. But I'll go for it if the opportunity arises. Perhaps start with a b&b get away and have people stay longer.

>>970487
Apologize and I might let you in.

>>970630
How so? Not too strict, not too lax. Keeping an eye on sustainability when it comes to nature, costs, and welfare.

>>970632
Nothing in life is perfect. You work on it and maintain it. I've researched a few, and the "owners" that enjoyed it were basically cults. I think a rotational period might work. Couple years and you're out.

>>970645
What about the spanish communes? Turned out well, no? Until the fascists marched in that is...
>>
>>970452
>In a few years I'm going to be inheriting a house with some land, fairly large, out in the country.
yes
>I want to start a commune.
no

you'll get robbed, taken advantage of, have shit stolen and property damaged, AND you'll be responsible for all the crime and potential vioence, assaults, rapes, drugs, etc brough into your compound by the vagrants and bottomfeeders. plus you'll be harboring any of the ones who have warrants out, which they will. you are looking at a world of hurt and suffering OP, i would not do any such thing.
>>
>>971210
>How so?

>I'm a fairly withdrawn person. I hate most people, and most people hate me.

That's how.
>>
>>970452
Yeah. What you're looking for is employees. Otherwise, that sounds a little too Jim Jonesy.
>>
>>971210
Youre retarded and not listening to reason just means your stupid pipe dream fanatasy not only will never happen but if it did youre sure to fuck it up in every which way. Ive been to 8 communes around the country, countless squats and communal houses. You dont want it, you want the perfect idea of it and you can never achieve it.
>>
>>970452

So you hate most people, want to invite a lot of people whom you will probably hate, and expect them to live out your communal fantasy? Sounds like you would just retreat inwards when things don't go as planned. If you want to make some humanitarian mark on the world volunteer at a soup kitchen and not some grand, foolhardy display of extroversion and philanthropy to compensate for your current attitudes
>>
>>970452
Tell me where it is and I'll come beat you up, loser.
Actually just kill yourself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.