[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 73

File: 1489578293125.jpg (98KB, 600x498px) Image search: [Google]
1489578293125.jpg
98KB, 600x498px
#137-"Rainbowfin" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>967537

Still looking for good stuff for the Pastebin and Imgur. Maybe we can get a list of Youtube vids and put them in the Pastebin or keep a couple important ones in the OP.

Thinking about picking up a new hobby? Want to get a memecaster? Haven't mastered the Palomar knot? Click here!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Talk about fishin
>>
>>970334
>Coke
Faggot

How is that kastking teley working out? I do like my compact trespass gear.

I might be the first to tell you something is illegal, but that is only so you can make an informed decision to break the law or not.

Also that penn oil objectively how is it, I normaly go generic for oil and shimano for grease.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ztuLZC_r3A

>bassfags
>>
Ohhh shit Zshill you should like this

>pic related

Old school Penn level wind bar. I'm waiting on extra money to complete the build for my buddy but he had 2 Penns with the screw bar instead of the worm and guide. I got pne done for him a while back but he is a spinner like you so he is having problems with it. I am going to see if he will let me have this one as payment for the other or sell me both for cheap.
>>
>>970373
Pic extra related
>>
>>970371
Lel that second one with random dude telling him to get a job.

But that's not just bassfags, most people don't like randoms fishing right on top of them.
>>
>>970373
I mean if you can get it for cheap and buy parts for cheap go for it, otherwise you're going to pay a decent amount of money for newer real you can just service and have for as long
>Pic related
>Penn Sargus 6000
>>
File: 1484505732874.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484505732874.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>970363
Sorry dawg, I like to enjoy my drink and sometimes it requires coke, nothing wrong with enjoying the classics.
>mfw copy pasta doesn't work
>>
>>970373
I prefer non level winds like the senator but that sounds good, go for it.
>>
>>970382
Penn parts are not bad priced and I forget what I need for this one the last one I needed the bushing for the spool gear so $10 from the fishing story in my home town 70 miles from me). This one I think needs a bit more (it has been a year since I have cracked the plates).

It is just nice to fix up those old boys. Granted I'm not sharking them in the surf like my GTI's, but for cats in the river they are fun.
>>
>>970383
Switch to Dr. Pepper and you can use at least 2/3 less soda.
>>
>>970371
KEEEEEEEEEEVVVIIINNNNNNN

I would be buttmad too if 100s of thousands of dollars was on the line too honestly.
>>
>>970279
Sort of. Some times I'll have a dream where I'm on a beautiful beach with soft sand feeling the breeze. I've lived on a river my entire life so its not like I have no exposure to water, and I've been on big lakes like Lake Michigan too and when you're in the middle of that you might as well be in the ocean.

I don't know, I'll probably get there some day but my family never really took vacations and I don't have the means to go myself. I don't see the point in romanticizing it, its not like I'll ever be on one of those secluded beach resorts. Most beaches are scummy like everything else.
>>
>>970385
Oh god I grew up on those senators till we started finding busted Abu Garcias in pawn shops for $10 that only needed a $5 worm.
>>
>>970395
It's not like it's hard to just take a couple day trip to the beach and schedule a 500 dollar inshore fishing trip man.

You're acting like planes don't exist. You don't have to travel 6 months by horse and buggy to see the ocean in person.
>>
>>970399
I feed my children catfish for dinner when I can't afford groceries. Ever since Obama stole grandpas farm we just can't make ends meet. You make it sound like I can just drop $1500 out of the blue for my own personal BS.
>>
>>970403
So to trade school or community college and get a better job. You get huge Pell grants if your poor and 25 or over.

You chose to shit out a bunch of children and lower your personal income. If you honestly can't save up 1500 dollar over a two year period you are either on welfare or work part time and have like 4 kids and fat wife who eats 800 dollars of McDonald's a month.

>Obama stole my farm
Yeah okay dude. Sure he did. Did he also show up and have sex with your wife I'm front of you? You shouldn't have relied on grandpa and his successes.
>>
File: you_cool_man.jpg (42KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
you_cool_man.jpg
42KB, 200x200px
>>970404
I'm just fucking with you dude
>>
>>970403
>when your wife's son ruins your fishing trip
>>
>>970403
True talk, I do day labor for scratch to make ends meet. Pay is shit but I get enough for booze and extras to work on my XJ.

That being said there is one and only thing in this world that makes me happy, and that is the smeal and feel of being near salt water.

If you realy know that struggle then hit up Pepsi for my email. If you can get your family down to Texas I'll do my best to make sure y'all have a time even if it puts me on rice and beans.
>>
>>970405
Kill yourself
>>
File: alcoholismyfriend.jpg (76KB, 900x676px) Image search: [Google]
alcoholismyfriend.jpg
76KB, 900x676px
>>970410
I've been thinking about it. But then I make some ridiculous shitpost on 4chan and the rush pushes me a bit further away from the edge.
>>
File: IMG_0175.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0175.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Anybody in the Oklahoma/Arkansas area having any luck with this crazy ass weather? I was able to pull this spot out of a creek not too long ago, I'm not getting skunked but I only pull out maybe one or two fish.
>>
>>970436
When do you use black an blue? I have tried senkos in that pattern and caught fuck all. Plum or purple seems to work for me sometimes.
>>
Anyone use the power bait mullet before? I've always had good luck with any of the gulp items but haven't tried power bait before. Pretty excited for tomorrow cause I'll be trying them out among a few other new baits for speckled trout and redfish.
>>
>>970492
I've never used powerbait or gulp products before but that looks decent I guess.
>>
>>970492
Snook absolutely demolish gulp shrimp. I'm sure they'd work just fine.
>>
Air temps today may hit 40F, after freezing weather for like the last week.

Should I care to try for trout?
>>
>>970559
That feel when I've been catching trout in Phoenix and the surrounding water since November and still see because they stock them constantly. This was last month for it. Onto catfish now
>>
>>970561
Sounds like fun, my state just stocks in Spring + Fall but in good numbers.

Ive always wanted to ask, does arizona have wild trout? I always figured that the water is too hot there for sustained trout but yet again it's more about spring-water than air temps.
>>
>>970565
Yes we do. Even unique species to the state. Apache trout and others I believe.
>>
File: 1472046014511.jpg (68KB, 640x604px) Image search: [Google]
1472046014511.jpg
68KB, 640x604px
>>970392
>>970383
>>970363

I got a drink for you fags right here.

Never talk to me or my fish's son again.
>>
Anyone here ever shoplift fishing stuff?
>>
>>970588
Is this article about you?

http://www.fieldandstream.com/ohio-man-steals-3800-worth-fishing-gear-from-walmart?dom=rss-default&src=syn
>>
>>970588
I've never stolen any gear but most of my gear is stuff I've had for free, fishing is one of those hobbies that people give up quickly and just throw their stuff away, I got basically a brand ne rod and reek off someone as they were throwing it out. It's not anything special but i've caught fish with it so it's alright in my book
>>
>>970462
In stained water or when it's really cloudy. Action and confidence are really more important than color.
>>
Can we all agree bass fishing is a meme?
>super commercialized
>bass fishermen are assholes
>the fish barely fights, even some panfish fight harder
>>
>>970565
alot of states will also do a stocking at the most popular places before labor day and before the 4th of july
also "spring' stocking starts as early as is possible mostplaces
>>
>>970462
I use usually green pumpkin and black and blue, I'm living on the border of AR/OK so I have no clear water at all, so if green pumpkin don't work then I pick up black and blue.
>>
>>970610
>bass pretty much everywhere, dont have to worry about harming them by overfishing, in fact usually allowed to fish during their spawn just because they're typically enough of them
>a lot of different ways to catch them
>Largemouth bass fight when using lighter setups
>Smallmouth actually the toughest freshwater fish for their size

Sounds like there's method to the madness
>>
File: displeasedcatman.png (235KB, 372x361px) Image search: [Google]
displeasedcatman.png
235KB, 372x361px
I have yet to catch a single fish on a 3/8 chatterbait despite fishing it on several occasions. The second I switch to a senko or lipless crank I start catching fish. I think I fell for a meme lure.
>>
>>970723
If you run it along the bottom you will get bit. The lighter ones are better in the upper water column. Maybe a 1/2 ounce would be better.

Also that furry picture is trash kys desu senpai
>>
File: IMG_0467.jpg (762KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0467.jpg
762KB, 960x1280px
>>970436

NC here. Fuck this weather. Been doing alright tho.
>>
>>970728
Also put a keitech trailer on it. I like the fat body keitechs and the bass pro copies more than the original.
>>
File: bbBass.jpg (934KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bbBass.jpg
934KB, 1200x1600px
>>970729

Moar
>>
File: IMG_0466.jpg (907KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0466.jpg
907KB, 1200x1600px
>>970731

>we can go smaller

Everything eats mayfly nymphs. Everything.
>>
File: screws.jpg (102KB, 495x330px) Image search: [Google]
screws.jpg
102KB, 495x330px
>>970731
>>970729
You should start just throwing the fish on pic related and be sure to pour salt all over their body to destroy the slime coat.
>>
>>970610
see
>>970729

This fucker fought harder than most fish I've caught. The cold just made him try to dive harder. Only had an 8.5 lb tapered leader as well so had to be careful.
>>
>>970734
Large mouth is a meme fish
>>
>>970735
It's nice to see young ones getting interested in angling
>>
>>970735

You're a meme person.
>>
>>970736
>he can't deal with the truth

LMB are shitty meme fish that should only be targeted if there's absolutely nothing else in your area. Smallies and panfish are more enjoyable to catch, don't even get me started on salt water fish.
>>
File: crappie.jpg (737KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
crappie.jpg
737KB, 1200x1600px
>>970738

I fish for everything I can. Shit, I'll catch Channels and Carp on a fly idgaf. Largemouth still fight like hell and it's pretty awesome seeing them hit anything topwater.
>>
>>970734
I mean....it fought hard because it was on a fly rod mate. You're using inferior technology albeit very fun and rewarding technology.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (72KB, 384x356px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
72KB, 384x356px
>>970744

>a fish fights harder because it is caught with x rod type

Surely the fish saw the Cabela's label and really gunned it after.
>inferior technology

I'm not the one stuck with mass-produced Vietkong made tripe that has to be scented with synthetic oils just to give some modicum of realism. I also fish baitcast for Catfish/when shorefishing. I prefer Flyfishing for streams/rivers/lakes.

Maybe one day you'll be able to broaden your horizons as much as your belt size fatto.
>>
File: 20170311_133616~3.jpg (429KB, 1011x2228px) Image search: [Google]
20170311_133616~3.jpg
429KB, 1011x2228px
Me bruddah caught this 4lb tilapia in the St. John's river last weekend. Surprised the hell out of both of us, put up a pretty good fight desu.
>>
>>970748
Wow man, just breathe.
>>
>>970749

Prob cleaner as wild fish. 10/10 would never eat the poop-fed storebought stuff but that one would prob be good filet'd. Nice catch.
>>
>>970748
Dude.....it's a fly rod. They have light actions and a lot of bend. Fish feel huge and feel like they fight hard in them. Calm your autism. You sure you're not skid?

If you posted a picture of a ultra light spinning rod with 4lb test I would be saying the same shit.

Fly fishing is fun but it's a lot of work and fuckery and objectively worse at catching fish. That's why it's such a big deal to catch a permit in the flats on one.
>>
File: gud1.gif (3MB, 290x154px) Image search: [Google]
gud1.gif
3MB, 290x154px
>>970758

>still trying

Sure thing Bubba.
>>
>>970758
Also I'm saying a fly reel and rod is inferior dated tech compared to other rod and reel based systems for catching fish in a sporting setting. Not the brand you autist. It can only advance so much and has very large limitations especially on cast distance and headspace clearance needed to perform a far cast
>>
File: 1488267795901.jpg (26KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1488267795901.jpg
26KB, 512x384px
>>970759
Yeah that's about the response I expected. It's obvious you got butt mad and over reacted to something you didn't even read entirely or think about for 2 seconds. Can't wait for another meme reply.
>>
>>970760

I'm sorry that you've had such a poor experience with flyfishing. I fish with everything: castnets, baitcast, flyrods....the odd drunken time with fireworks.

Flyfishing success (especially for sportfish) is predicated upon the user and their ability to mimic the bait's creation and movement. Flyfishing also offers the ability to cast ultralight lures capable of targeting wider varieties of panfish during more trying weather/seasons. Subsurface crankbaits are alright, but I still prefer a upper-water Enrico Pugsili bluegill pattern with a rattle when I want to actually catch bass.

I'm not going to get into this with you as you appear to be a novice in this respect, but maybe one day you'll graduate from spoons and scented plastic to a more rewarding angling career.
>>
>>970766
>mimic the bait (both with creation) and with movement*
>>
File: IMG_20170317_173859.jpg (4MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170317_173859.jpg
4MB, 3456x4608px
Caught this trout (1,5kg/55cm) today after not catching anything in 2 months.
It had a scar on both sides of the tail from getting caught in an illegal fishing net.
>>
>>970766
Do you also smell you're own farts?

Are you not even reading. You cannot fish a heavily wooded bank with brush and trees as well with a fly rod as you can a spinning or bait cast rod.

>cast nets, fireworks
Did I not say sport fishing with a rod and reel? Oh yeah.... I did. Drag nets are the best fishing option if you just want fish. We are talking about rod and reel applications you idiot.

Objectively the best way to fish would be with live bait casted to fish or near them on a spinning or bait cast or convention reel rod.

As I said. It's dated tech. Rewarding and fun to do and much morn difficult to cast correctly and do a double haul cast than just learning to use a spinning rod. It doesn't mean it's better at catching fish. It's fun. Not better at catching fish.

That's why catching a permit and shark on a fly is a big deal to saltwater fishermen. It's objectively harder than with live bait or tailored plastic artificals.

Jesus you're insufferable. I bet you talk abotjbhow drinking out of a solid copper cup is better even though you have to clean the tarnish.

You're an autistic twat and like most fly fishermen a giant fart smelling elitist who makes me sad to even own my fly rod.

>casting ultralight lures
Oh yeah....you can just a tie a fly to a clear casting bobber on a spinning reel and catch the same fish the fly rod and light lures would have so you're point there is also stupid.
>>
>>970738
The crappie are much easier to catch than the bass at my local ponds, especially in this cold.
I dont see how LMB cant be enjoyed.
Also if your fishing for panfish or smallmouth, you're already fishing for LMB, and you'll end up with one.

I agree the other species you listed are more fun, and in fact is what I mostly aim for since I use some crappie lures around my local ponds, and prefer going out on the river for smallies but its kinda cold for that.

Im not really sure what you're arguing about
>>
>>970771
That's a beauty. And the 2 month thing is relatable. Where you fishing?
>>
File: IMG_20170317_173925.jpg (3MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170317_173925.jpg
3MB, 3456x4608px
>>970778
Scandinavia.

Had another one hooked larger than this one, around 2,5-3kg I think, but it unhooked itself.
>>
>>970588
When I was a teenager me and my buddies used to each grab like 3 lures every time we went to Walmart. Now there's a camera right in the middle of the aisle. We used to just walk out of Basspro with new jackets and shit before they electronically tagged everything.

I never stole from the local baitshop, though.
>>
>>970766
>I'm not going to get into this with you as you appear to be a novice in this respect, but maybe one day you'll graduate from spoons and scented plastic to a more rewarding angling career.

This kind of pompous response is exactly why people hate fly fishermen.

I fly fish and tie my own flies, so trust me when say I respect the process. But I at least try to keep my fart smelling to myself.
>>
>>970766
>but maybe one day you'll graduate from spoons and scented plastic to a more rewarding angling career.
Fly fags confirmed more pretentious than saltfags?
>>
>>970817
Fly fags>bass fags>salt fags>Ethiopian cast netters
Most to least pretentious
>>
>>970771
Wut lure is that?
>>
I swear some of you legitimately have autism
>>
>>970817
What's more shocking is he has spoons listed as though they are a bad thing. Small spoons out catch flies on a river 3 to 1 usually. Kek.
>>
File: cabin.jpg (1MB, 3424x2283px) Image search: [Google]
cabin.jpg
1MB, 3424x2283px
>>970820
It's cabin fever induced

You know how this site often blames summer when normies flood? It's actually winter for this board since no one has anything else to do but argue like autist
>>
File: 1488224532591.jpg (52KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
1488224532591.jpg
52KB, 670x424px
>>970825
Sort of.

>>970820
You jealous?

Love,
AZ anon
>>
>>970819
It's a danish lure called Sommet (The nail). It imitates sandeels primarily. Today was very windy and the water was quite murky, so I opted for the red/black for visibility, but you can get them in more natural colours too.
The line goes all the way through so the fish cant use the lure to unhook itself.
>>
File: 996297001457620124.gif (189KB, 280x205px) Image search: [Google]
996297001457620124.gif
189KB, 280x205px
>>970833
Pretty neat.....never heard of such a thing.

It clearly is for plebians though since it is not a dry fly weighing exactly 1 picogram in total mass.

Sand eel immitations can never achieve the necessary fart aroma for me to inhale as I pretend I didn't loose fish to my wind knots caused by my poor cast techniques and ham sized gelatinous arms.

Learn to fly fish like a real man.

I bet you don't even have a fox tail butt plug.
>>
>>970833
>The line goes all the way through so the fish cant use the lure to unhook itself
How does hook throwing work on lures? Is it cause the hook on the lure isnt tight at all times unlike as if it was directly attached to the line?
>>
>>970838
>It clearly is for plebians though since it is not a dry fly weighing exactly 1 picogram in total mass.

Topkek
>>
>>970840
The opposite.

Look at how vertical jigs are rigged. The loose hooks on rope connected to the split ring and solid ring stop the lure weigh from being able to aid in the fish getting enough torque to pop the lure out.

It's a balance of keeping enough pressure without pulling the hook. That weird euro lure would actually be harder for a fish to throw than a standard spoon or mepps spinner style lure.

Lures with the hook directly on the lure also alow the lure to apply pressure in a directly perpendicular force to the entry of the hook point and curve which means hooks can pop put easier. Especially treble hook. More point and smaller curves = less torque and overall force to pop the hook. It also means more pressure on the hook which means bigger holes for the hook to fall out. This principle is why when a fish jumps you should point the rod toward them to lower the potential torque and force a shaking and jumping fish can put on the lure due to its weigh and connection to the lure.

A jumping fish has a much harder time throwing a vertical jig for saltwater with the assist hooks.

Yes I am autistic but it's true information.

Tldr: you don't care enough to read my autism
>>
>>970840
How does the fish unhook itself?
It depends, sometimes its hooked so well, thats it's practically impossible. But other times the fish can use the weight of the hook to throw the hook out by turning in the water and jumping, or it can use the placement of the lure to pry the hook out even.
>>
>>970850
use the weight of the lure to throw the hook*
>>
>>970847
Also pointing the rod toward a jumping fish loosens the line tension. Keeping tension and bend in the rod on a jumping fish gives them leverage which equals thrown hooks.
>>
>>970847
I asked and you answered, np, thanks
>>
>>970833
So it's an ancient Danish spooltek?
>>
>>970859
It's also why these days lures have split rings that attach the hooks to the wire loop instead of the hook directly to the wire loop like on antique lures. Some heddon lures do it the old way still.

The split rings let the hooks have more freedom.of movement from the lure but don't work as well assist hook setups on vertices jigs.

It's much harder for a fish to throw a bare hook om line with no weights or rigging as well.
>>
>>970825
u dont know me or my story
>>
>>970861
No idea what a spooltek is, but I think the lure is many decades old, yes.
>>
>>970861
If it had a gear inside it that let the line wind up it would be.

It's basically a weirdly shaped worm weight.

The swedish version of a spooltek is line threaded around your balls on a gear that your wife can tighten from a rod and reel in her bedroom with her bull while you sit in your cuck she'd tying flies almost as small as your cock. They swedetek is designed to unfurl the pressure from your balls when your wife is full of Arab and or black semen so you know you've been caught into raising another man's child.

The same company also make my wife's son baits and tackle brand shame scented paste.
>>
>>970870
Sorry about the typos. I am refugee fishermen from Mediterranean in Sweden. Sad there is no Humboldt squid to catch here.
>>
File: IMG_20170317_212259.jpg (2MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170317_212259.jpg
2MB, 4608x3456px
Here is a better pic for anyone interested
>>
>>970876
What's the eel portion made of? Metal? Wood? Plastic and metal?
>>
>>970881
Metal and paint I guess. I think the original used lead, but thats illegal here now, so Im not exactly sure.
>>
Great.

Now that someone had to publicly smell their farts over fly fishing it'll now be filed in the same group as cuckholds and furfaggotry anytime anyone posts anything related to it.
>>
>>970371
>turning a relaxing hobby into an autistic rage filled competition

Fucktards.
>>
File: spinspinspinnerbaitcirclehook.jpg (91KB, 646x774px) Image search: [Google]
spinspinspinnerbaitcirclehook.jpg
91KB, 646x774px
>tfw only ever caught one fish with a spinnerbait
>it was a $5 ebay special
>still keep buying pricey brand name ones regardless

HELP
>>
>>970889
>not already knowing fly fishermen are elitists
>>
Im making the trek down to bass pro to stock up for my trip and the fishing season in general.

Are there any Canada fags here that could req some pike soft plastics? I already have an ass load of spoons and want to switch it up on my group that I go with.
>>
>>970905
>have 75 dollars worth of topwater lures
>have only caught 1 fish ever on a topwater lure
You're literally me.
>>
>>970833
Got a picture of the lure? We get sand eels up and down northeast coast in usa
>>
>>970952
Look two pictures up.
There are many different sandeel lures produced in scandinavia, but most of them are handmade and sold locally.
>>
>>970952
>>970960
>Westin Sommet

https://youtu.be/ac82nZneZAE
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Caught this cunt in the Logan river in Queensland, Australia. Need help to identify it.

Thought it might be a threadfin salmon only because of the colour and it's snubbed nose but my mate thinks it a parch.
>>
>>970962
Aplodinotus grunniens (Australian Bowfin)
>>
>>970962
It looks like an obese redfish
>>
>>970922
Lel I'm kinda the same with topwaters. Barely ever use them but keep buying expensive Yo-Zuris and Rapalas

And damn you niggas made it to 100+ posts and I didn't even see it. Work and coffee grill taking up too much time and I haven't even gotten it in yet.

>>970891
>turning a relaxing hobby into a job and a big house
Don't sound too bad tbqhwy
>>
>>970961
That's it yes, but its worth noting that Westin only copied an already existing lure and tweaked the design a little.
>>
>>970968
That's 90% of modern lures.
>>
File: Angry Fishermen Compilation.webm (3MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Fishermen Compilation.webm
3MB, 400x226px
>>970966
>turning a relaxing hobby into a job and a big house
>Don't sound too bad tbqhwy

That's not how it normally works. When you turn your hobby into a job you end up a bitter person....just like in fight video. Because when you want to relax and do your hobby you can't because your entire job is your hobby.

If you love cooking, don't become a chef.
>>
>>970975
Yeah go on /o/ and talk to the mechanics who used to love working on their own cars.

But hey, being sponsored by Tracker Boats doesn't sound like a bad gig compared to most jobs.
>>
File: IMG_20170317_230842.jpg (1MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170317_230842.jpg
1MB, 3456x4608px
>>970952
Heres some more
>>
>>970922
At this point in time I have roughly $500 in lures altogether and caught maybe 2 dozen fish on them. Thank god for lure retrievers.
>>
I really enjoy fishing but I feel like I don't fit in here, I don't know anything about the stuff you guys talk about
>>
File: callop9.jpg (165KB, 1329x770px) Image search: [Google]
callop9.jpg
165KB, 1329x770px
>>970962
I'm inclined to say it's some sort of Perch due to the large arched fin but that nose has me fucked.
>>
>>970995
>fit in

Who gives a fuck? Post your fish, setup, shitpost or whatever and give advice, it isn't hard
>>
File: IMG_2988.jpg (147KB, 1000x593px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2988.jpg
147KB, 1000x593px
>>970995
Bowfin
>>
File: 71Lh7AZa80L._AA160_.jpg (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
71Lh7AZa80L._AA160_.jpg
3KB, 160x160px
What's your opinion on single hooks on crankbaits? I'm mostly a catch and release guy and I hate trebels for getting caught in my net.

I could avoid that with crimping barbs on trebel however. Opinions on that?
>>
>>970995
Are you a furry? Everyone here is a furry.
>>
>>971001
I mean, my knowledge of fishing is quite limited. I don't know different rigs or stuff about rods, I just know what works for me which I've worked out by just fishing away.

>>971005
I'm not a furry
>>
>>971003
As long as the single hook doesn't fuck with the action of the lure it doesn't really matter.

>>971005
>tfw haven't gotten a commission in 2 years

I need to get back at it.
>>
What should I buy at dicks ?
>>
>>971007
Eh you can just fish with whatever you got or get more interested and buy more shit. I started out at 10 years old with an old Fibreglass Jarvis Walker rod from the 70's I found in a lake and some shitty $20 Shimano reel, last rod and reel combo cost me $400 and I still catch the same amount of fish.
>>
File: SunfishFamilyTree.jpg (42KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
SunfishFamilyTree.jpg
42KB, 500x331px
>>971007
>I just know what works for me which I've worked out by just fishing away.
That's great tho

I'd say personally found tactics are great info.
>>
>>970996
see
>>970964
>>
>>971009
There's these 1/16th oz jigs there sometimes. Like 10 for a dollar. Check the bargain bins.
Along with that look for crappie tubes.

New angler here and most of my fish were off them, such as bass pickerel and crappie and perch.

Buy one of there cheap jawbone crankbaits too.
>>
>>971009
Meme baits and whatever they have on sale.

Get some of those Strike King KVD Swim'n Caffeine Shads.

>>971007
Trying new shit is fun. When I lived in IL, I never used much besides a Mepps and a Rapala. Moved to South Florida where the bass fishing is totally different because of the heat and didn't catch shit outside of Jan and Feb for the first year or two. Finally tried some new techniques and can almost always land something.
>>
File: 5.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>>971005
Shut up, skid.
>>
>>971012
I've inherited most of my gear from my grandfather, I've bought some stuff as well but his stuff was good quality and it still very usable for me, I've caught most of my fish with his equipment

For the record I only run bait or spinners, I have messed around with fly fishing but it's hard to get right
>>
>>971021
When you get bored of bait, fish with lures. When the spinners don't catch shit, tie on a Texas rig.
>>
>>971024
>Texas rig
i looked that up, I'm guessing you use it like a spinner constantly casting and bring it back in
>>
>>971021
Don't doubt the quality of old gear, they will last a lifetime and a few more. The old cork handled JW has been bent nearly onto itself catching monster Carp from the lake here and still goes strong.

Wanna get into fly fishing myself but it seems pointless when the nearest trout streams are 200kms away.
>>
>>971027
I don't doubt it at all. my go to rod is some probably one of the last rods my gramps got, it doesn't have a name on it so i know nothing about it but it came with an old Shimano Magnumlite reel, all his fishing stuff had sat in storage for a long time and mice have chewed part of the handle off the reel but she still goes good
>>
>>971026
Nah they work best in warm mid or late summer weather for me. Cast em out, let them fall to the bottom, and bounce them along the bottom with pauses between the hops.
>>
>>971027
You can catch other things beside trout on flies. Extremely small top water poppers are excellent for bream for example.
>>
>>970995
This>>971002 is the number 1 thing to remember.

All fish are bowfin.
>>
>>971027
>Don't doubt the quality of old gear, they will last a lifetime and a few more.

I literally go out of my way to buy old reels.
>buy old penn on ebay for $30 and carbontex drag washers for $10
>clean it out and lube it
>you now have an american made reel built from aluminum, steel and marine grade brass instead of shitty pot metal and plastic
>>
File: IMG_3547.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3547.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
This is something I noticed. I've kept bass in my fish tank for a while now and I've noticed that at certain times in the night. They go absolutely crazy. They'll hit anything that gets dropped in. They get really colorful and aggressive. Does anyone know what causes this and how I know when to fish during these times.
>>
>>971069
They hunt at night.

Also if you have been giving it food at night and what not it's going to be excited at those times. They associate stuff with food. They aren't that dumb.
>>
>>971069
Well that happens to any predatory fish you keep. My oscars were like that they really like attacking feeder fish that come out from hiding at night.
>>
>>971027
There a lot of fish that would eat fly just like a lure. Where are you located?
>>
>>971074
>>971080
I only feed him during the day. They also are mostly day time predators. What I'm saying is, how can we find that time frame, so we know the perfect time for night fishing
>>
File: adf.jpg (27KB, 600x498px) Image search: [Google]
adf.jpg
27KB, 600x498px
My face when reading these threads daily.

I think I need a break....but.. I keep coming back.
>>
>>971069
Crepuscular and Nocturnal phases.
>>
File: IMG_20170317_202112461_HDR~2.jpg (1MB, 3036x2330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170317_202112461_HDR~2.jpg
1MB, 3036x2330px
Power pro because it was son sale and I needed it
Mono since it was on sale and I needed it
Chatter memes because they were on sale and people here seen to like them
Baby brushhogs in sprayed grass because Pepsi likes that color and another anon likes the baby brush hogs
Keitechs because I like them and the color will match small bass really well
>>
>>971087
Are you keeping up with the latest batonny chop chop memes?
>>
>>971092
I may not be as lost as I thought because I don't know what that is.
>>
>>971093
batonny = hammering your knife through a log like a jackass.
>>
>>971085
The witching hour
>>
>>971093
see
>>967998
>>970554

Hold onto something, it is a wild ride.
>>
>>971098
Literally who chops wood with a knife?
>>
>>971096
>>971098
Kek. In didn't know it was called that.

They make some designed for that but yeah its retarded and should be done as a last resort. Axes exist for a reason. I think the knife thing they make for that is called a froe.
>>
>>971100
Batonny Chop Chop Babby Bushkekkers do.
>>
>>971102
>I think the knife thing they make for that is called a froe.

Correct.
>>
>>971104
My sides are in orbit. He's even holding a fucking hatchet.
>>
>>971104
Got a source to that video?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>970975
I only think it would be cool if it wasn't my main source of income. If I could have solid investments in other places and just fish the tournaments for side cash that would be dope.

>>971033
>Nah they work best in warm mid or late summer weather
*all the time
>>
File: 1488679038060.jpg (514KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
1488679038060.jpg
514KB, 1024x681px
>>971142

>right hand retrieve
>>
File: 1487129702995.jpg (62KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487129702995.jpg
62KB, 640x640px
>>970760
>lord beta has cast judgement from the court of his basement
>headspace clearance
>limitations especially on cast distance
>roll cast
>skagit cast
>spey cast
>scandinavian cast
>modified spey cast
>pinche puto

you should try to talk about things you know about.
>>
>>971160
Guess what? All of those work like shit on a crowded overgrown bank with trees when you're standing on land and don't want to wear hot ass fucking waders.

Fly fishermen have to wear waders to get space to cast. If you believe anything else you're and idiot.
>>
File: DSC6967r.jpg (134KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSC6967r.jpg
134KB, 1360x768px
>>970847
>pointing (bowing) at the fish

is usually done to throw slack towards a flopping fish. in doing so there is a fine line to where there is too much slack and the fish is allowed to shake the lure loose from its mouth. a softer rod tip and a mono leader help to prevent this happening. dorado are known for throwing plugs right back at you.
>>
>>971166
Yeah that's what I was trying to get across but I'm too retarded to say it slacks the line lol.

Yeah I've never fished for dolphin/dorado/Mahi Mahi etc etc but I have heard they toss hooks easily.
>>
File: C n R.jpg (1MB, 2000x1219px) Image search: [Google]
C n R.jpg
1MB, 2000x1219px
>>971163
those casts suck when youre sharing a uber with 3 asian non fishermen having a heated argument about tea while driving through mid town manhattan ... If you believe anything else you're and idiot. Whats wrong with waders again? theyre too hot?
>>
>>971169
A non-response. What a surprise!

You stand somewhere with trues and head high brush behind you and cast 30 to 40 yards. Oh wait....you cant.

Enjoy wearing waders in 90 degree weather in Florida.

Enjoy not paying attention for a fraction of a second and having a fly bury it's hook into your eyelid.
>>
>>970588
thanks a lot fag, every time I go to walmart; I have to wait on the cashier to come unlock 3 padlocks just to buy hooks.
>>
>>971172
I'm so glad I make my own lures.
>>
>>971163
Cheap waders without insulation don't make you sweaty, just make sure you're in the water with them. Stuff like the plastic hip waders come in mind
>>
File: 20130916-151643.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
20130916-151643.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
What's everyone else drinking for st pattys? Pic related is me. It's my woman's birthday as well and I have been making her some double shot Moscow mules in alcoholic ginger beer and everything. Even got the copper mug. She's gonna get her butt punched like a 3/4 ounce jig through Lilly pads tonight. But not before I bury my face in that little snatch of hers.

Have a good men. AZ anon out.

>inb4 it's rape if she's drunk
>that's the point
>>
>>971173
Post pics
>>
File: 1489507019169.jpg (15KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1489507019169.jpg
15KB, 300x168px
>>971205
>butt punched like a 3/4 ounce jig through Lilly pads
Jesus
>>
>>971166
This is a bucket list fish
>>
>>971211
If you lurk, you've seen them.
>>
>>971218
Doesn't gulf coast have dorado(mahi) almost year round?
>>
>>971216
>it's gonna happen mate....she already has the hiccups and is on the couch pant less.

SOON MY BROTHERS
>>
>>971226
Ayy get some fish tacos boii
>>
>>971205
subscribed
>>
>>970966
My only fish on topwater are: A smallmouth bass I caught on a rebel itsy bitsy craw with the line tied to the "wrong" end so it would stay on top and not dive because I had no other topwater lure
And a 18" pikeminnow on a soft plastic swimbait that I rigged with no weight & wide gap hook, and then retrieved it so it was breaking the surface like a wakebait.
I have a spook puppy and a pop-r, and will probably end up buying more topwaters because they are so fun to use.
>>
>>971237
Well this is actually a topic I have a lot to say about, living in Oklahoma and I have too many fishing spots within a 30 min drive it's ridiculous so there's been days I go out with ALL top water and that's it and figure out the best way to fish them
Mind you all these tips are for LMB and Kentucky Spotted Bass or just spots as some know them, we call them Kentucky spotted bass here. But onwards to my tips
>3/8 Hula popper- 6'0" spinning rod---what I figured out is best is to use these hula poppers on a spinning rod, simply out of preference mostly? But to the tips, lll use these in creeks and ponds only. Somewhere where I know there will be frogs and other aquatic life besides fish. Stand on one side of the bank and cast to the opposite side straight in front of you, literally as close as you can, to where you might even have to pop your rod and get it to go in the water because it's sitting on the bank. This will imitate a frog or some other animal jumping into the water, and from my experience, that's enough right there to trigger a strike, if not then you should wait maybe 3-5 seconds and give it one to two pops with your rod tip pointed down and pop it back towards your feet. Basically you just want a small bubble to pop, maybe a little bit bigger than that but not much, basically you don't want that sucker just chugging and spitting and throwing water all over the place causing a whole commotion because obviously it'll scare most fish off, but have a slow retrieve on this and make sure to fish it SLOW, not lightning fast. Give it a couple pops, let it sit for 5-7 seconds, then another couple pops, and so on. Also this is a good lure to throw in around stumps and structure.

Also I apologize for these being long winded and what not but I am currently on about 40 mg of aderral. So I have more to come, literally am just wanting to try and help out anyone who will take the time to read!

tl;dr >speeding on adderal, giving away all my fishing tips.
>>
>>971255
More tips!
>spooks- all spooks! No matter the make, model, manufacturer. None of that matters. Nor does size, color is something to take into consideration, be sure to do your research on whatever your fishing and to match your colors according to whatever bait is in the water, be it shad, bluegill, craws, etc.

>spooks- So what I tend to do with spooks. I'll usually use them on some type of fluoro. Between 10-14 lbs. and it's my personal preference, but I only use spooks with bbs in them for that vibration/noise type effect. I'm award most spooks have bbs, but I've come across a few silent spooks.
>where? Only LARGE ponds and lakes.
I'll use a spook early morning or late evening, not so much middle of the day, from my own travels, spooks have the best response during that early morning bite. I'll usually either A.) get on sonar and mark fish out in open water and toss a spook all around in a 360 circle. With a medium to fast retrieve, always popping that tip to get that walking action and pausing every 7-10 seconds of reeling to let it sit for about 3 seconds and teen starting back up. Or B.) Which is my preference, I'll find a creek mouth that is dumping into the lake or a bunch of reeds or tall grass that you can't really pitch into and I'll cast alongside it. Then on the retrieve, I'll work it slower, popping it only 3-4 times to get it to start walking and then pausing for 2-4 seconds and then just a couple more pops. And do that all the way back to the boat. I fish it this way to kinda imitate a dying fish that's kinda suffering a little bit or so but doing it this way has produced a lot of strikes for me
>>
So on to my absolute favorite top water lure, buzzbaits!
I personally feel like buzz baits are the all around perfect top water lure for agressive anglers. I myself fish very aggressively, I like moving baits, I like to get my bait in the water, hook up, land the fish, release it and get back to it, and the buzzbait is exactly that.
>where? EVERYWHERE. Literally everywhere, from ponds, to creeks, to lakes, to rivers. The buzzbait is perfect for it all, 1. It covers a lot of water, FAST. 2. It will find you fish a lot faster than a crankbait or a Texas rig, etc.
>How? I only use buzzbaits on baitcasters, for one simple reason. You have to be able to retrieve it fast, not lightning fast, but still a pretty good speed. And the reason you need to, is because the longer that lure is on top of the water and churning that water up and clacking, the better a chance you will get a strike, and it's easier to do that on a bait caster than say a spinning real. So like I said you want it on top of the water, so therefore as soon as you cast and it's getting ready to touch the water, be getting ready to reel. You don't want this lure sinking because it does you no good, with it being IN the water. all you have to do with this lure is reel, that's it, depending on the day, experiment with speeds and how you retrieve, sometimes I'll reel and then stop for like a second and then reel again. You just basically mess with your retrieve depending on the day.
>Also! Do NOT buy cheap buzzbaits, they don't work well, they don't stay on the water good, they sink too fast, they are cheap and poorly manufactured, trust me it's worth it to shell out $5 to buy a war eagle or a strike king.
>>
probably caught the most bass on top water. frogs specifically
>>
File: IMG_27821.jpg (26KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_27821.jpg
26KB, 360x480px
>>971171
>a retarded response, what a fuckin surprise
>hurr durr it sure is hot here in floridoo
>i needs a wetsuit to go in the water
>hurr derp it too hot in a wetsuit
>i cant cast here
>too many twees an bushes
>might as well not fish anymore
>i want micky dee tendies
>mom i wanna go home nao

Ive fished the keys, caribbean & cuba numerous times in those temps. why would you wear waders in 90 degree heat? try tropics weight wading pants for hot and humid climates and they work great.
I dont know what your going off on since you just sounded like a fucking retard talking about wearing waders in florida in 90 degree heat....

kindly, fuck the fuck off with your made up bullshite m8.
>>
File: dolphin-biology-02.jpg (184KB, 1000x706px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin-biology-02.jpg
184KB, 1000x706px
>>971218
those little peanuts will drive you nuts bruh.

easy mode:
cabo in the summer, rent a panga with some friends. anything floating is where theyll hang out and theyre always on the chew.
little fucking dodo's are fun on bass gear and the bigger bulls will make you smile the way they fight. 300 size reel with 20lb mono on a medium rod is perfect. youll never get spooled by one but the extra line helps in case..
>>
File: muh boat1.jpg (138KB, 1321x878px) Image search: [Google]
muh boat1.jpg
138KB, 1321x878px
>>971084
>>971037
Rural South Aus on the Murray River, only see articles in fishing mags about Fly fishing for Carp, fuck that noise when a bit of corn on a paternoster rig will do the same thing.
>>
>>970771
>>970795
>>970833
(too lazy to find more of your posts)
Gotta love Sommet...
Where in Denmark? Funen by any chance?
>>
>>971142
>work best for me*

>>971237
I was having luck with them in late spring early in the AM or late in the afternoon when the wind calms down.
>>
Do catfish actually like chicken livers or is it mainly the blood they're attracted to?
>>
>>971367
Channel cats love it.
>>
>ordered a reel from bass pro
>shows up with bail arm totally broken off

Is the Shimano Sahara a piece of shit? No wonder it was on sale.
>>
>>971372
You got it with that sale price? I would just bring it back to the store and ask for a new one or tell em you paid full price and get $80 credit towards a nice Abu.
>>
>>971373
Fuck I already had BPS ship another one with a return slip. I have no shame when it comes to jewing bass pro, if only I knew.

I should have just spent some extra and got a reel that isn't held together by brittle plastic.
>>
>>971224
Good question

>>971283
I'll do it one day. I'm planning on making more frequent trips to the ocean.
>>
File: IMG_20170318_143954.jpg (5MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170318_143954.jpg
5MB, 3456x4608px
Caught another one today, same spot and spoon. Caught one half this size too and lost another big again.

>>971301
I fish somewhere in Jutland... You?
>>
>>971382
nice fish. you gonna eat it our naw on it's head?
>>
>>971385
>nice fish
Thanks

>you gonna eat it our naw on it's head?
huh
>>
File: file.png (575KB, 542x960px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
575KB, 542x960px
>>970344
Not too familiar with sunfish. Is this a green sunfish?
>>
File: bad_vigelsoe_370x262px.jpg (58KB, 370x262px) Image search: [Google]
bad_vigelsoe_370x262px.jpg
58KB, 370x262px
>>971382
Funen... Odense to be more specific... no car so almost exclusively the harbour, the canal and the fjord...
>>
>>971393
Nice. Im the same, I dont use car either, I get around on bike or foot. Luckily I live close enough to some good spots so I dont have to drive more than 2-15min.
>>
>>971392
Looks like it. They are normally a bit darker green and sometimes an orange belly but they have those iridescent colors on their face (often blue) and the larger mouth.
>>
>>971404
Usually the fjord is one big hotspot you know... but from what I hear these days hardly anyone catches anything out there. Lots of fish following, very few actually biting...
Luckyli I've been busy and weather has been rubbish the last few days anyway... hopefully I'll get to have a few trips out while nereis are swarming... trout go fucking crazy in that period...
>>
>>971392
Yeah looks like green sunfish. They have huge mouths, there's a park pond near me that's full of them.
>>
>>971291
Sight fishing for carp is fun, there's plenty of other species to catch on fly in australia like barras, jacks, tarpon, mullet, gudeon, sooties, bream, archerfish, bass and toga.
>>
>>971421
Same situation here (I fish in a fjord too), since early january I hadnt heard of anyone actually catching something until I caught one yesterday.
Im keeping an eye out for nereis as well. Ive tied some neries flies that im gonna bust out when they do appear and then hopefuly catch my first fish on bombarda.
>>
>>970616
They started spring stocking of rainbows, browns, and brookies here last week. Mass website is great, tells which ponds, what they stocked, and gets updated daily
Tuesday is supposed to hit 50, maybe I'll get out finally.

>>971007
>knowledge of fishing is quite limited.
Shitpost like the rest of us. By not knowing actual fishing you are ahead of the rest of us already.
>not a furry
You should get a fox tail buttplug.
Also know that shimano is king, at least I'm told that, and Penn is utter crap.

>>971027
>nearest trout streams are 200kms away
Isn't that like a mile and a 1/2?

>>971124
>even holding a fucking hatchet
I use my hatchet to bang on the knife. Far easier than using a piece of wood.

>>971205
>drinking for st pattys?
I didn't drink because I had to drive all day. Went to see Green Day on green day. I'll make up for it tonight hopefully.
>>
>>971513
>Went to see Green Day
How was it? Did they play any of their older songs?
>>
>>971446
Yeah I know used to use the surf rods and dangle worms in front of carp in shallow backwaters. As for the other fish, the ocean is just as far away, roughly a 3 hour trip one way.

>>971513
1.7km to a mile.
>>
File: IMG_3003.png (635KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3003.png
635KB, 640x1136px
Fucking coldfronts. Beautiful day out so I drag myself to the lake for like 20min and nothing was going on. Good weather = bad fishing.

Athough I really need to get out more before summer comes. I need to figure out whether I'm gonna get friendzoned or get some pussy before I miss out on too much fishing without even getting it in.
>>
>>970588
I "bought" my newest reel. I went into Dicks slapped an Abu Garcia Pro Max on the cheapest rod they had, and only the rod rang up at the register but it looked like I was buying a combination rod. I got a 80 dollar reel for free and a rod for 30 dollars. Looking back on it I should have tried for a more expensive reel Also I stole a Rapala from Kmart once.
>>
>>970610
It's fun sometimes though.
>>
File: phoebe.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
phoebe.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
I think ill toss this next time I go out.

Any opinions
>>
>>971575
They're always fun. Going again in August. Had pit for the last tour. Seats for this one. Setlist dot fm if you're really interested but yeah, everything but the stuff from uno, dos, & tres that they played on the last tour.
They did 3 or 4 from the new album, 3 or 4 from Dookie, a few from American Idiot and Bullets, a few older.
Covered Hey Jude & Shout, Satisfaction, and an Operation Ivy song
King for a Day
28 I think in all.

>>971580
>1.7km to a mile
Jimmy Carter failed me.
>>
>>971687
crap, I haven't used one of those in years, like decades. They work well. Need to check if I still have any.
>>
>>971693
One of my dad's lures. Heard it catches trout since my dad's friend's son caught his nicest on that.

Just not to familiar with how to fish it. Kind of like how you'd fish a jig? Need a swivel?
>>
>>971666
Dank. Those trips go along perfectly.

>>970588
No. A year or two ago I met some junkie kid who was willing to steal fishing stuff for me if I gave him a few bucks. Mentioned it here that it would be nice to get a $200 reel for $50 and everybody talked shit for weeks.

Like padlocked fishing hook anon, you're the reason the bags of PowerBait at Walmart only have 6 worms in them instead of 20 and the $11 Rapala box has a $3 Rebel inside because some minority swapped them out.
>>
>>971691
Nice. Want to see them live the first album i heard from them was american idiot during middle school. I got Dookie as a birthday present the mid 2000s was a wierd time cd players and mp3 players
>>
>>971687
This is the only lure I've ever caught a trout with.

Granted I have only targeted them twice, ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
I like dinks. Watching them take your lure is fun.

>>971703
Weren't you also gonna do some other scam?
>>
>>971720
I also wanted to attach some cinder blocks to chain link fence and throw it into a popular fishing spot so I could come by every week or two and get some free lures.
>>
>>971725
This is literal nigger behaviour.
>>
File: tmp_28234-All_3_eds51832449.png (112KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28234-All_3_eds51832449.png
112KB, 300x297px
>>971725
Fucking Bep, Pep, and Pepsi
>>
>>971732
They wouldn't go through that much effort. They would just go steal the shit from somewhere. I figure if I do it at a good spot I like, maybe it will keep some pissed off anglers away when the lose a ton of baits.
>>
>>971734
I remember seeing this discussion before
And basically we deemed you as an idiot if you'd carry that out.
If you're going to get free lures just go scuba diving and get them yourself. No need to add additional and intentionally sticky snags

Nor do you own any fishing spot.

Have fun removing that snag-o-matic and then spooking fish in that hole.
>>
File: 1488875259341.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1488875259341.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>971734
>i'll get free lures
>that i'll never actually use
>just like 95% of the lures I buy
>>
>>971739
It's fine, it will be in shallow water so it is more easily retrieved. It will also provide cover for baitfish and attract more large fish waiting for a meal just on the deep side.

A couple cinder blocks and chain link fence is cheaper that scuba gear. Plus other anglers won't get snagged on my scuba gear like they will the fence.
>>
>>971750
Also want to reiterate that this is also supposed to discourage minorities from fishing the spots.
>>
>currently fishing onnariver
>speedboat comes along
>oops kneeboarder just happens to bail right in front of me
>boat sits there as kneeboarder makes multiple attempts to take off again

Swear they just want you to be jealous of their shitty loud boat. Every fucking time whether i'm fishing from land or in a boat.
>>
Challenge: find a "how to cook/clean/fillet" video on youtube that doesnt have at least 1/3 dislikes.

When it comes to eating fish, there seems to be no general opinion on it. From "no dont harvest this species" to "you're cleaning it wrong" to obviously unfitting comments about CnR
>>
File: temps.png (17KB, 607x346px) Image search: [Google]
temps.png
17KB, 607x346px
>>971755
That's the trade off for good temps, my friend
>>
>>971764
>there are people in this world who have never killed, gutted, cleaned and cooked their own fish

Fucking babies.
>>
>>971768
thats one of my goals this year.

My dad says he would gut his trout in the river, where the state laws allowed it. And I have memories of him bringing home fish and cleaning them in the sink, showing us eggs sometimes, and making the whole lower house smell
>>
>>971758
Should accidently snag the knee boarder. One time i "accidently" cracked a boat's windshield with 7oz sinker while chunking for bluefish
>>
>>971781
How well did that go over?
>>
>>971758
Lel yeah those dudes are cunts 90% of the time
>be me back in the day, senior in high school
>some weekend night with not shit to do
>plan becomes "hey, this kid Jake says we can come drink some beers on his boat"
Sounds fun, right?
>Jake is a complete tool, and not even like the jock tool but rather dude who hangs out with lower-middle caste of HS politics
>drives a Wrangler with no doors and brags about it every minute
>went to private HS so Jake's parents have some money
>get over to """boat""" and it is a wakeboard boat
>him and his couple weird friends are there with like 8 warm Coronas but my group had the girls so that's why I'm there
>I brought my handle of cheap vodka so w/e, I'm drunk and talking shit to Jake's face the whole time
>Jake's dad just had new blue LED lights installed on this wakeboard boat and he points them out multiple times by unironically saying "aren't these LED lights tits?"
>boat isn't even in the water, it's at dock where you crank the little wheel and raise it out
>at one point, Jake trying to be fly, tells the girls "Be careful, you get drunk twice as fast on a boat!"
>I politely (not really) point out that his dad's boat isn't even in the water so he better have some damn good roofies to get these girls to like him when he runs out of warm Coronas
Such a fag. After that he def wanted to fight, but he would be the kid that tells you he's a black belt and say "C'mon! Punch me first! My uncle is a lawyer!"
>>
>>971792
I dont even get how no one asked to put the boat in the water and take it out. Like isnt that the whole point?

Why didnt you fish and impress females with big bass too?

According to all these threads, girls love fish.
>>
Pepsi, you bone that coffee girl yet?
>>
>>971792
Wakeboard boaters are pure cancer on the water, hope they all go deaf from blasting their obnoxiously loud sound systems. Reported a few for coming way too close to my boat at speed.
>>
>>971801
I doubt he even had the keys. His dad probably wouldn't even let him use it without adult supervision (even tho he was 17-18 at the time).

>>971804
Nah. We supposed to chill tomorrow night. I need to make a move tho. Wanted to go slow because she met a couple creepers the past couple yrs but not trying to become the best guy friend.
>>
>>971790
The fucking boat was fishing a rip really close to shore right on top of other people fishing the beach. I was already rigged up and i was just going to tangle up the guy but my cast drifted over and cracked his windshield. He started cursing and yelling but the nearest boat launch was 18 miles away so he couldn't do anything. He nearly got his boat fucked up by a jetty trying to fish.
>>
>>971817
Sounds like he had it coming. A lot of people seem to have some weird fucking sense of entitlement when it comes to fishing (or anything for that matter).

It's like these lovely tourist families that plop down right next to you on the beach then get pissy when their kids start swimming into your bait lines.
>>
>>971829
It's a lot worse during the fall run in long island. Every fucking boat has to be on top of every surfcaster during a blitz. Don't even get me started on jet skiers
>>
>>970588
my friend and i use to go in walmart and take the bobber barcode stickers and put them over other expensive items. like xraps and anything we wanted even rods. and then we took them to the self check out and payed like 3 or 4$ then walked out. we did this a alot of times till a undercover loss prevention person saw us doing it then after we payed and we just stepped like 2 ft out of the door. 2 of the loss prevention people came after us yelling and we just ran because i was pretty sure they weren't allowed to chase you. i wouldn't steal from any small businesses though only the big stores
>>
File: 20170318_225618-2241x3984.jpg (1MB, 2241x3984px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_225618-2241x3984.jpg
1MB, 2241x3984px
>Be white with plantation owning ancestors
>Work for a moving company
>Get the most racist nigger cucks today
>Instant 24/7 stink eye at my co-worker and I
>Constantly getting told how to do my job with incorrect nigger info
>Hold myself from quitting and not calling them niggers
My ancestors have go to be rolling in their graves right now
How do yall deal with niggers?
>>
>>971854
DUDE weed lmao
>>
>>971854
But to add something fishing related, I almost bought a star rod, how well are they made? I don't have any experience with them
>>
>>971857
It's a good rod for the price, I like their surf rods over st. Croix
>>
File: nook.jpg (51KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
nook.jpg
51KB, 480x640px
>>971857
i like them because of the lifetime warranty. i get a lot of use out of my tackle so sometimes when the graphite gets chipped it will break easier. they are a good buy. everyone i know who fishes off piers has owned one at point or another. never had a problem with the epoxy on the grips or reel seat and the threadwork is sufficient. pic is a snook i got on my fierce 3000 and the stellar light 12-20
>>
>>971863
>>971878
I do inshore fishing 99% of the time and was actually looking at either a St Croix or a star rod. Are the star rods more know for surf fishing?
>>
>>971890
A lot of surf guys i talk to own both st croix and star rods. Their inshore rods are pretty good from what I hear.
>>
>>971707
If they ever rerun American Idiot Broadway show GO, it's incredible. Seen it 2x
>middle school
haha, vinyl & 8tracks in my world. Cassettes started to catch on when I was in high school.

>>971697
>how to fish it.
like a spoon. jerk, slow retrieve, speed up, slow down, jerk, repeat.. The bend in it makes it wobble like injured bait fish. I'd tie it direct to the line but I don't think a swivel would hurt the action. Definitely a trout killer.
>>
>>971897
This guy obviously has no experience with either, Star or St. Croix rods, so poor.
>mfw you have to tell people in this thread it's banter before they respond
>>
File: welfar3.jpg (44KB, 427x960px) Image search: [Google]
welfar3.jpg
44KB, 427x960px
>>971910
Fuck this phone
>>
>>971758
>>971792
>be onna river in kayak
>chilling out destroying the panfihs
>VVVVROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
>retarded speed boat comes flying by me with a skiier behind him
>turns around and comes back 100 ft up the river
>does this atleast 4 times, sending huge waves all over me soaking myself and my gear while almost tipping me over
>remove ccw
>fire into the air
>boat full of 18 year old twats magically disappears
>>
>>971934
Wish we weren't cucked with handguns here.
>>
>>971951
Tfw Arizona and don't need a permit to conceal carry
>>
>>971958
>tfw straya
>handgun license requires you to have a legitimate excuse to own one (security work, sports shooting etc)
>gun has to stay in a safe at your local gun club for 2 years while you regularly attend every club meet in the period before you can even take it home
>can only carry gun for work or use at a gun club, can't even legally shoot some bottles on your property for shits n giggles

Meanwhile every single gun related homicide or attempted homicide that has been committed here in the last 20 years are from illegally obtained firearms.
At least the rifle laws aren't so fucking strict and I can still go out spotlighting rabbits in the bush with a .243.
>>
>>971967
That's horrible. My gun just sits on my night stand loaded with an extra mag to it. Sometimes I empty it and just hand it to people at parties to scare them.

It's pretty funny.
>>
>>971977
>tfw even your rifles have to be fully unloaded and locked in a safe with the ammunition stored somewhere else separately

Lot of use to you when someone is trying to break in to your house. "'Scuse me mate can you give me a few minutes to walk out the back, unlock the shed, unlock the gun safe, grab my shottie, go back into the house, go into the wardrobe, locate and unlock my ammunition box, load the shottie and point it at you and shoot, for which I will get a minimum 10 year sentence even if you had a weapon and planned on fucking my shit up"

Politicians who don't own or have ever fired a firearm should be legally banned from having any opinion on the matter.
>>
>>971447
On the bombarda-trip as well, eh? Still working on my technique but it's getting better and better.
Had problems with the leader twisting itself around the braided main line but after using a few metres of mono between main line and bombarda it seems to have vanished... braid has its advantages but due to it being so soft and flexible it seems it wraps itself around whatever it can find. Also ordered some 3-way spreader swivels out of Chinkland which should hopefully eliminate any further clutter...
I'm going with gulp worms over flies though... Bilka had a clearance sale with gulp bags for a steal. Turns out very few kr times a lot is still a lot of money so now I'm poor the rest of the month.
Gonna get myself a kayak in the spring/summer and pick up proper flyfishing again I think... we'll see what happens with a baby on the way...

>>971967
>Meanwhile every single gun related homicide or attempted homicide that has been committed here in the last 20 years are from illegally obtained firearms.
Which means the restrictions are working... more guns 'on the street', legal or illegal, will inevitably equal more shootings... would it be better to have twice the amount of gun-related deaths just so it could be half and half legal/illegal guns that caused them?
Higher availability = more incidents. Goes for anything really...
>inb4 gun-lovers start namecalling and using flawed logic
>>
>bought rod + reel + line + some random hooks/baits etc

now what do I do

I'm scared to do stuff in front of other people so I don't want to fish in public, but I don't want to trespass.
>>
>>971979
Just purge liberals. Kill all the abbonigs too.
>>
>>971989
same question. I haven't fished since I was a little kid catching sunfish at my grandparents' house

anyone have beginner advice for fishing in washington state?
>>
File: 111906.png (660KB, 940x587px) Image search: [Google]
111906.png
660KB, 940x587px
>>970344
What do you think is the best tackle box?
I wanna buy one soon, I have been looking at the plano ones.
>>
>>971985
I've fished a bit with gulp/bombarda, the most important thing is getting a bombarda with enough weight to carry the worm. Something like 40g maybe?
My experience tells me that bombardasticks / sticks from q-tips will lower clutter by around 50%. Also you can gently slow the bombarda when it's about to touch the water with your hand on the spool, then the leader will go in first and all clutter is avoided, but it's difficult to get right...

With flies I can pretty much pretend that im fishing regular spoons, and the cast will be fine. I keep seeing people casting their bombarda with just the flick of a wrist like its nothing, so to some extent, I think the best way to get technque down is just not to think about it too much or at all.
>>
>>972055
>>972055
Any decently made tackle bag with plano trays. I'd stay away from solid tackle boxes though
>>
>>972055
Soft bags all day.

>>971989
If you just want to fuck around and can't find anybody to teach you, go find a lake in some commercial park and go there on a Sunday morning when the place is like a ghost town.

>>972012
Just ask somebody. People who go fishing are always down to teach somebody new.
>>
>>971967
Fuck man, that's exactly what I say. Almost all of the shootings in the US are done with illegal guns as well. I'm sure it's a little easier to get an illegal gun in the US than Australia, but still. The states with the worst gun violence in the US are the ones with the most strict gun laws too. Chicago has so many retarded firearm laws (city laws) and the state of Illinois is pretty tough as well yet Chicago keeps topping the murder charts. Fucking pussy democrats. Bunch of short term solutions that just make shit worse in the long run.
>>
Hey fishing friends, let me get some opinions.
Yesterday I went to the Toronto sportsmans expo looking for a new rod and reel.
I wanted a shimano spinner and I settled on the sienna2500 cause it was a good budget reel.
But when I left the show I noticed the guy had given me a Sedona2500 instead.
So I paid $40 for a Sedona
Did I do gud?
>>
>>972079
Yes. The Sedonas are like $70 in the US while Siennas are $30
>>
>>971989
Most anglers are used to obvious noobs- one thing is that as long as you dont fish next to someone, or place your cast next to theirs, they wont think less of you. Also dont chum either but it doesnt sound like you'd be doing that.

Post what lures you picked up and we'll suggest how to rig them and what you should be doing with them. Or search it online.
>>
File: vest.jpg (40KB, 428x494px) Image search: [Google]
vest.jpg
40KB, 428x494px
>>972055
>He carries of box on his fishing trips
>>
File: BPSQF360PACK-2.jpg (55KB, 254x356px) Image search: [Google]
BPSQF360PACK-2.jpg
55KB, 254x356px
>>972055
>pic related

I'm enjoying this bag. It can hold 4 3600 Plano boxes in the bottom and more in the top. I keep my tackle in the bottom and other various items in the top (food, water, roofies, fox buttplug, etc) has a rod holder but I normally don't fuss with it; unless I'm beach fishing then I'll put a sand spike on it. It can also split into two tackle bags if for whatever reason you don't want/need a backpack that day.

It's not super durable but no problems with it yet.
>>
>>972110
Those backpacks are pretty nice too. Bought one for my little bro (who hasn't even fished in like a year) and he likes it.
>>
File: ZomboMeme 19032017102406.jpg (362KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
ZomboMeme 19032017102406.jpg
362KB, 1280x960px
Is this a good meme i made?
>>
>>972130
Not at all, i think ur drunk
>>
File: cid_300.jpg (395KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
cid_300.jpg
395KB, 1280x960px
>>972141
We had a bit to drink
>>
>>972144
without the text is better, but without context now it looks like you're just leaving junk all over.

btw nice fish
>>
>>972149
It was a good 4.5lbs 24 inches
>>
>>972144
Is it me or does that pike have a short snout?
>>
>>972154
That's a lake trout
>>
>>971985
>Which means the restrictions are working...
Now this is some fine mental gymnastics
>>
File: snubnose.jpg (133KB, 780x990px) Image search: [Google]
snubnose.jpg
133KB, 780x990px
>>972155
No it's a pike with a short snout see look
>>
>>972161
I hate this website
>>
>>972161
Kek, poor fella
>>
>>972155
>>972161
It's clearly a bowfin
>>
>>971897
I defintely want to watch their broadway show if they run it again. Man middle school was wierd emo phase but it was fun
>>
File: 20170318_103237~2.jpg (576KB, 976x4030px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_103237~2.jpg
576KB, 976x4030px
>Pike posting

Chain pickerel I caught yesterday.
>>
>>972224
would post my pickerel but too lazy to rip the pics off my instagram,
havent hit any bigones yet
>>
File: noose_103.jpg (242KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
noose_103.jpg
242KB, 800x563px
How well would a noose work as a fishing knot?
>>
>>972230
Fishing for replies? Probably pretty well.
>>
File: shouldn't have tied a Dodd knot.jpg (26KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
shouldn't have tied a Dodd knot.jpg
26KB, 600x510px
>>972230
It can work, but a double surgeon's loop will be faster to tie and give you the loop needed for better action of some light lures. Snell knot would also be better and faster than a noose.
>>
>>972230
That's what I use to use before I knew actual fishing knots. Worked pretty alright actually.
>>
>>972224
Nice pickel. I see a lot of small guys during the summer eating shiners. I rarely see a good sized one to keep.
>>
>live in Nevada
>every single time I try to fish in-state I get skunked
>for 5 years
At this rate it's gotta be me doing something fucking wrong. Not having access to a boat is like 80% of the problem though.
>>
>>971857
>star rod
The rod my wife uses is a star. Not sure of the model. It's a 2piece 8 ft and I love it. Very light and balances well with the reel it's paired with.
>>
Wanting to start fishing again. Need some pliers, and everything except the pole.

Just small lakes and ponds, for bluegill and bass, maybe catfish. And maybe the lakes that have trout.

Suggestions for a plier/multi-tool that can reach in for a swallowed hood? I don't want my gf to freak out about ripping out the guts of a bluegill that swallowed a hook. Will catch&release the bluegill and bass, but not trout, to my little knowledge they often die anyways.
>>
>>972258
How much are rentals? I feel like Nevada being so fucking massive, hot and dry either has shit hole lakes or those huuuge reservoirs that are measured in square miles. I've been to Mohave as a kid and it's fucking huge if I remmeber correctl.y
>>
>>972287
A basic needle nose plier works good. Crush the barbs to make hook removal easier.
>>
>>972287
Trout survival rate is actually not bad if you handle them with wet hands keep them off the ground and they aren't gut/Gill hooked or beat up in general
I raise trout. And work with biologists who have done studies on survivability etc
Rainbows survive less than browns and brookies
>>
>>972294
What about lake trout? When the ice goes lakers are closed save for catch and release until July here
>>
>>972295
To be totally honest I haven't ever caught a lake trout let alone worked with them
As there's a relitivley small population in my state and I havent ever targeted

All species of trout can survive but from my work I noticed rainbows deal with stress/ lack of oxygen the worst hence their lowest corresponding survivability

It is worth noting different strains of brown trout, rainbow trout, or Brook trout also varry in survivability etc
>>
>>972294
Awesome thanks!
>>
>>972302
alot of people think of them as fragile fish, and they can be but with proper c&r practices survivability goes way way up
>>
File: berkley_gulp.jpg (26KB, 600x299px) Image search: [Google]
berkley_gulp.jpg
26KB, 600x299px
Have anyone tried the Berkley Gulp and/or Berkley Powerbait. If, what's your opinion
>>
>>972314
>p
have used both, the powerbait has a few soft plastics i use often
the gulp swimming mullets are top tier for flounder fishing here in the northeast
>>
Bumping for a new thread from the coke kid
>>
>>972325
2 moar poasts
>>
File: 200_s.gif (12KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
12KB, 267x200px
>>972315
SECOND
>>
File: IMG_0980.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0980.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>972314
I'm going to 2nd the Gulp curly tail minnows and mullets. Those things are great. I'm a big fan except for when the Gulp juice spills in your tackle box.
>>
NEW THED WEN
>>
File: 1489888015137.jpg (115KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489888015137.jpg
115KB, 600x800px
>>972334
>tfw bump limit is 310
4u

>>972337
>>972337
>>972337
>>
>>972294
>keep them off the ground
but, but... but
my pictures
>>
>>972095
>he fishes with out dated fly tech and wears a gay little vest
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.