[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What lights do you peeps use for camping and hiking? I have an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: 237181_14738_XL.jpg (115KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
237181_14738_XL.jpg
115KB, 1000x667px
What lights do you peeps use for camping and hiking? I have an Olight S30R II as my EDC light which is nice because it's small and powerful and can be recharged via USB, but I would like to get something beefier and more floody for hikes.

Are there any flashlights that can use more than a single 18650 that can still be recharged via USB? And what headlights do you recommend?
>>
File: 20170316_143547_Richtone(HDR).jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170316_143547_Richtone(HDR).jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>970194

Thrunite tn 12 for my edc. I also carry the thrunite th10 headlamp in my pack, which I use for camping too

Both use 18650s. Both are solid steel, so no plastic bits on the handlight or headlamp. Durable as fuck, with a 2 yr warranty that they fully replace if it breaks. Both are nice flood/throwers, with the tn12 having 5 outputs, max of 1150. The th10 max output is like 750 great run times. The tn12 also has a strobe mode, the th10 has a Sos mode strobe.

Pic related.
>>
>he needs artificial light to see in the dark

kek
>>
I have a black diamond storm. It's a few years old, but it works fine. Got it from the clearance bin for $20.

Headlamps get revamped so often there's always a good one in the clearance bin.
>>
>>970201
This, if its not starry enough to see your way through the night, you're not far enough /out/
>>
>>970194
Olight S2R Baton flashlight
Waterproof and rechargeable via USB
Plus some cheapo headlight
>>
>>970194
>sitting at a campfire wearing your headlamp with it turned on

on topic, i have a black diamond spot-inexpensive, light, effective close and far (for my needs), red light, good battery life.
>>
>>970194
EDC an olight I3S EOS for past two years. One AAA lasts 80 hours on Moonlight setting. Came with two extra o-rings, but I've never had to use them. Clip is reversable to clip on hat bill. 10/10 in it's class.
>>
Had a black diamond icon but lost it. Now have some cheap as shit boruit rechargable one. Thing is insanely bright but the battery life suffers as a result.
>>
one of these:
www.amazon.com/UltraFire-300lm-Flashlight-Torch-Adjustable/dp/B006E0QAFY

www.amazon.com/UltraFire-Zoomable-Flashlight-Torch-SK98/dp/B00EP60VDG

or the 3C maglite I put a dealextreme 5x drop-in in
>>
i got this for 26? think i fucked up?
>>
>>972293
Thta's a lot of money for what you could cobble up yourself with a lightbulb, wires, some batteries and a solder.
>>
File: 1489803532100.gif (2MB, 280x240px)
1489803532100.gif
2MB, 280x240px
>>970194
>that full faggot who uses a flashlight 99% of the time in the dark and complains about running out of batteries or not having a USB charger for it

I went fishing the other night at a local lake. Just me. I didn't bring a light. There was cloud cover. I could still see just fine for everything I needed to do and look out for. Geese are honking, loons are looning, owls are making spooky fucked up sounds, fish are jumping, spring peepers are deafening. Catching lots of fish.

Some guys show up. they light up the entire valley with 1mil candle power halogens, colmen lanterns, and headlamps. They even used their trucks to aim lights out over the water. It looks like a UFO landed. Everything is quite except for them the entire time they are there. Oh and they had a dog that wouldn't shut up.
>>
>>972349
>tfw retard friend keeps shining his headlamp over the water you are fishing
>he still doesn't believe it spooks fish
>>
>>972293
yeah, feel bad, I guess they got me this time.
>>
>>972411
on the up side, it was 40 bucks everywhere else.
>>
File: hurr.jpg (425KB, 719x679px)
hurr.jpg
425KB, 719x679px
>not using a head torch
>>
File: u wot m8.webm (3MB, 840x430px) Image search: [Google]
u wot m8.webm
3MB, 840x430px
>>972378
Yeah, they were doing that the entire time I was there.

>*cast*
>"wtf was that!" *shines light*

>*catch fish*
>"did someone throw a rock!?" *shines light* "shit he's catching everything, why can't we catch anything." *throws beer bottle as far as he can into the lake*
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.