[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spring is almost here and that means its mushroom season. Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Spring is almost here and that means its mushroom season.
Anyone have any tips, advice ?
>>
File: Morchella_elata_group_38336.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Morchella_elata_group_38336.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
>>
>>
>>968393
Spores samples learn to take them. And don't eat LBMs little brown mushrooms. They are hard to identify and most mycology experts cant agree on how to class them either so its the wild west of mushrooms.
>>
Former mycophile, lost thousands of great pictures when my SD card ate ass. Here's one of the few I salvaged.
>>
>TFW the weather keeps going from mid 50s to low thirties here
MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MIND ASSHOLE I WANT TO HUNT MUSHROOMS
>>
>>968393
Whats the best way to test toxicity?
>>
>>968520
Eat it and see if you die.
Aside from that, I don't know many safe options
>>
>>968520
Feed it to some animals first. Wait a few days.
>>
>>968520
>>968522
>>968534
psst. pssst! guise.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+this+mushroom+poisonous%3F
>>
Anyone have tips for somebody new to the Colorado front range? No idea what's common out here or how much influence altitude has on what's around.
>>
i really want to get into this but it seems like onna those find someone hows been at it awhile and shadow em kinda deals
>>
>>968520
There is just one rule to mushroom picking. That is to know what you are doing.

If you cannot positively absolutely ID the mushroom, you leave it in the forest.

When at home you clean them you do another check. If it is suspicious, bin it.

Not knowing the mushroom species sounds like a great way to die of internal organ shutdown or delirium followed by coma or something else equally exciting.
>>
>>968393
Chantarelles in cream sauce with potatoes and your choice of mystery meat
>>
>>968439
Is that a Panther? I ate one in college that I misidentified as Amanita Muscaria. Wasn't that bad, and my liver still works. I stuck to Cubes after that. I'm old now, and just hunt edibles.
>>
>>968817
Just look up how to ID puffballs and tell them apart from death caps. Puffballs are fucking everywhere, shouldn't take long. Also with spring coming up it should be morel season soon, another easy ID.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.