[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /out/, I've been planning for some quite time to move

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: log-cabin1.jpg (95KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
log-cabin1.jpg
95KB, 400x266px
Dear /out/,

I've been planning for some quite time to move into the wilderness somewhere in the continental U.S. and live there self-sufficiently. I plan to build my own log cabin. I want to start living in a secluded, heavily forested area with some good views. Do any of you know where I should start looking? What states are the best for this?
>>
File: 1489156148662.jpg (181KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
1489156148662.jpg
181KB, 630x473px
>>967760
Idk im not even from the states but ill bump for ya
>>
File: fuckingrepeat.jpg (43KB, 460x500px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingrepeat.jpg
43KB, 460x500px
>>967760
We have this thread every week
>entitled NEETs think they can check out of society because they fail at it
>come to /out/ with 0 experience and fantasies of self reliance due to shitty survival TV shows
lurk more faggot
>>
>>967798
I went camping quite often with my father before he passed. I have pretty good survival skills, and I'm still taking the time to research and go out on mini camping trips on the weekends to hone my abilities.
>>
>>967807
You will fail like the sad faggot you are.
>>
>>967809
Hey look I agree these threads are annoying but there's no need to be a dildo about it
>>
>>967760
The way to do it right is by using 10 years of your life NOW to make lots of dough. Don't cave to consumerism, and save.

For the 10 years after that, begin directly implementing your plan with the dough you've saved. During this time, you will slowly move towards self sufficiency.

10 years may seem like a long time now. It won't in ten years.
>>
>>967841
This guy gets it.
Last year i bought my bit of land away from everywhere, will have it paid off in another two, and during anytime off from work im gonna build me a cabin and plant a few fruit trees and the like getting it all setup so i wont have to worry too much, then ill cut back on my job and only spend 6 months of the year at work, the rest still working on my place till im all sorted.
should still be another 8 odd years, but that said i'll just be turning 40 and happy days.

but shit might get set back because theres always another country i want to explore so we'll see
>>
File: tipsfedora.jpg (42KB, 648x348px) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedora.jpg
42KB, 648x348px
>>967807
>I have pretty good survival skills, and I'm still taking the time to research and go out on mini camping trips on the weekends to hone my abilities.
pic related
>>
File: 1477573991141.jpg (36KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1477573991141.jpg
36KB, 607x608px
>>967798
>People who dont like the things i like are entitled NEETs
Gee anon, maybe he just enjoys a different lifestyle than you and you should remove your anal beads? they are making you cranky lol
>>
>>967807
>>967809
>>967899
Dont listen to these faggots who never leave their bedroom. Easily half of /out/ are urbanites who only larp about the camping/hiking trip they will never take. You want to live live in an authentic way, enjoying more than shitty movies and opinions made by pseudo-intellectuals on daytime television.

Just lurk more, build a wealth of knowledge, amass some money and do your research on the environment/tax of your destination before making any decisions. Goodluck!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.