[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am new to bushcraft and camping, but i really love it. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 434-american-felling-axe.jpg (686KB, 2000x1425px) Image search: [Google]
434-american-felling-axe.jpg
686KB, 2000x1425px
I am new to bushcraft and camping, but i really love it. I have all of the equipment i need, except an axe. I had a hultafors 3 1/2# 32" felling axe, but broke it last month. I want to get a smaller axe, big enough to drop small trees, but smal enough to do fine woodwork/carving with. I am thinking about getting a 23-30 inch axe with a 2- 2 1/2 pound head. What weight/length would you reccomend, and what brands can you reccomend?
>>
I thoroughly recommend you stop being a dense retard and ask in the axe thread.
>>
>>967394
you are so beta you got scared out of your own thread and went to the other axe thread?

follow your dreams and start a new thread
>>
File: IMAG0279.jpg (2MB, 3808x2144px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0279.jpg
2MB, 3808x2144px
>>967394
I very highly recommend old norlunds. The hudson bay head is widely useful while still being very light and the handles on the old ones are beautiful. Heres mine
>>
>>969500
hows the eye?
>>
>>969502
open
>>
Anybody shop antique stores for old axe heads? Most of them are spent, bent, or cracked, but I have found some sweet $10-$20 deals.

I've found a couple in the woods, along with a crosscut saw. There was a huge timber industry here before the 1900s.

I traded the rusty old saw to a guy who makes great knives out of them. He gave me a finished knife for it.
>>
>>969534
you gave a saw to be butchered
>>
File: IMAG0235.jpg (2MB, 3808x2144px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0235.jpg
2MB, 3808x2144px
>>969502
Complete shit after years of idiot me pounding horseshoe nails into it
>>
File: 20170315_173025.jpg (758KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170315_173025.jpg
758KB, 2048x1152px
>>969549
Yep. Here's the knife he made me for it. This knife cut down dozens of Long Leaf Virgin Pines in it's past life. Now it skins deer.
>>
>>969604
go tell wranglerstar and trigger him
>>
>>969708
Is he a champion of wallhanger saws or something?
>>
>>969723
he's a general massive faggot and he has a thing for crosscut saws, he thinks he's the saw master
>>
>>969728
I'm pretty sure the one I found was past it's useful life as a saw. How much would said joker pay for a handleless 120 year old sheet of rust?
>>
>>969737
who cares about the handles, if the teeth are there and the saw isn't pitted then it can be worth something
but i doubt it was good sitting in a forest for decades, and who the fuck cares about crosscut saws anyway
>>
File: GB scandinavian forest axe.png (27KB, 660x360px) Image search: [Google]
GB scandinavian forest axe.png
27KB, 660x360px
>>967394

Scandinavian Forest Axe by Gransfors.

Ideal compromise size axe.

Main purpose I see in a camping axe is safely/efficiently splitting logs in a single swing instead of having to whack the poll of the axe through.
>>
I ordered a bush axe. They sent me a completely brand new never been touched axe. I got some sharpening to do.
>>
>>967394
>I am new to bushcraft and camping
>i shall buy the most expensive axe ever mass manufactured under 2 minutes a piece.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.