[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I graduated in EE and just realized I don't want to spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: sKKXz[1].png (13KB, 315x292px) Image search: [Google]
sKKXz[1].png
13KB, 315x292px
What the fuck do I do
>>
>>967209
Save up so if you decide to go get a different degree or change careers you've got something to fall back on. Find a good location to work in and prioritize time off over getting all the pay raises you can
>>
>>967209
How would an electrical engineering degree condemn you to city life?
>>
>>967209
Get a job in the oil industry, or locate in a city near good outdoor places.
>>
>>967216
>Save up so if you decide to go get a different degree or change careers you've got something to fall back on. Find a good location to work in and prioritize time off over getting all the pay raises you can

I'm definitely not planning on getting another degree; I feel that even this one was somewhat of a mistake.

>>967222
Well most engineering jobs are you sitting with a computer in some secluded building.

>>967224
Any cities in America like this?
>>
>>967209
Do 20-26 years in the Army. They'd love to hire EE's that don't mind being in bumfuck or outside all the time.

You won't make as much as a civy job, but if you find you want more than retirement, you'll be set up for lucrative consulting work. Or you can retire completely at an earlier age than most civilians and live /out/ your dreams full-time.
>>
File: 20170311_205803.jpg (4MB, 2120x3304px) Image search: [Google]
20170311_205803.jpg
4MB, 2120x3304px
>>967209
>imblyimg ski towns and other /out/ areas don't require electricity

Source: luxury smart home integrator in a ski town
>>
>>967242
>Do 20-26 years in the Army.

Do you mean 20-26 years in total or from 20-26?

Would that also mean I'd have to be stationed in foreign countries?

>>967250
Colorado maybe?
>>
>>967268
You dont get that sweet retirement pay unless you do the full 20 years or I think 30 in the reserves / Nasty Girls. Plenty of other routes for potential 20 year retirement however - police work, EMS, Fire, some types of federal work, etc.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.