[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the riskiest/dumbest thing you've done while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: Image.jpg (121KB, 543x305px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
121KB, 543x305px
what's the riskiest/dumbest thing you've done while being /out/

>pic kinda related, except there was a 30m chasm under the tree
>>
File: spiderparka.png (344KB, 709x566px) Image search: [Google]
spiderparka.png
344KB, 709x566px
barebacked a Malaysian twink in the woods.
im only joking mate.
guess the time i grabbed out for a fishing lure with 3 treble hooks swinging from my line like i would grab out for a beer was pretty dumb and painful
>>
Followed a GPS upside down down a riverbed in NZ.

If you're thinking "that's freaking retarded" yeah it was. You're welcome.
>>
File: Batonny Babby Chop Chop.jpg (3MB, 3132x2744px) Image search: [Google]
Batonny Babby Chop Chop.jpg
3MB, 3132x2744px
>>966321
One time I batonny chop chop with my knife.
>>
File: 45_degrees_of_death.jpg (51KB, 370x444px) Image search: [Google]
45_degrees_of_death.jpg
51KB, 370x444px
>>966347
well i sharpened my blade with a 45º bevel once
>>
File: tmp_15222-Let it roll1692930292.jpg (37KB, 360x324px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15222-Let it roll1692930292.jpg
37KB, 360x324px
>>966347
Here we go!
>>
>>966321
went to cut some wood with inexperienced loggers
>>
>>966321
Hunting dove with rednecks.
>>
>>966321
Went camping without enough water during a drought. I was going to camp about 5 miles in along an old ATV trail. My plan was to refill at some streams I saw on a map that I assumed would be there. I didn't remember that it hadn't rained in about three months until I started to cross their beds. I had 2 liters of water with me and though it would be enough, so I stayed. It wasn't. Luckily, I made it out the next day with only a severe migraine, but I learned my lesson.
>>
Here i go /out/ I was innawoods having a nice winter camp with the miss. Found a noice peace of standing dead for use in a windbreake.

Proceed with chopy chopy

Talk to the miss and proceed to take my eyes off tree

Tree bowes out at the bottom

Said bow tales me out at the knees with the force of one thousand rampaging rhinos.

I needed to walk it off but fuck a duck it hurt me balls deep.

Tl;Dr forgot the first rule of felling a tree
>>
>>966458
You realize there is an entire website for your people but you still come and shit up ours. Return to reddit
>>
>>966321
I cut my foot on a rock while swimming at camp about 8 miles from my vehicle. It wasn't deep or anything, so I washed it out with some clean water and put a bandage on and forgot about it. I woke up the next day to my foot so swollen I couldnt get my boot on and cold sweats. I didn't have cell signal so I laid in my tent for 2 days until it burst, draining at least a cup of puss and blood. I was able to get my boot on and i set off towards my truck. It took me 4.5 hours to get to it and I drove myself to the hospital where it turns out I had a staph infection, a 104 degree fever and was severely dehydrated. They said I almost died. Good times.
>>
I was working alone about a half hour hike away from my truck. I was on a deer trail about halfway up a large, steep hill. Earlier in the day there was a lot of ambient/bird noise, but I found myself working in silence aside from distant creek noises.

I got a weird 6th sense that something wasn't right, and I spent a good couple minutes standing still but looking around. I never heard a noise, but when I scanned up the hill for maybe the third time I saw a big fucking cat head sticking out of some bushes. It was a mountain lion, probably not bigger than average, but it freaked me the fuck out.

It locked eyes with me, and I stood still for a while before slowly working my way back to my truck. The fucking cat followed me along the hill, but it stayed way above me in the brush, it never got close to me or made any aggro noises.

I guess the dumb part was that I went right back the next day and finished my work. I don't know if it was paranoia or if it was still around, but things got quiet again near the end of the day. I didn't see it again.

After I finished with my work the property owner told me that he saw a mountain lion with a baby on his trail cams. It was hard for me to stay calm, but I guess I came out of it with a cool experience.
>>
I had a bad habit of going on difficult hikes without telling anyone where I was going, most of the time it was fine but I had a couple close calls that made me rethink things.

I also once went out to do some sunset photography of Mt. Rainier and left my head lamp on the seat of my car. It wasn't a long hike out, but it was early April and there was still plenty of snow so the trail was easy to lose.
>>
>>966488
Thats fucking terrifying. I couldn't imagine what it must have been like laying around for days wondering if you were dead.
>>
>>966497
Did you go back carrying the next day?
>>
>>966488
Holy shit man.
>>
period sex.
>>
>>966497
Had a similar experience (in a place called Cougar Mountain, lawl) as I was hiking out at dusk. I never laid eyes on it, but I could hear it uphill from me in the bushes.

I walked at a leisurely pace, stopped frequently and turned towards it, talked to it once in a while (not that I thought it understood me, just that I was letting it know I was aware).

Made it all the way back to my car, sat their for about 10 minutes and took several deep breaths.
>>
>>966511
Oh, and I had my knife I'm my hand the whole time.
>>
>>966503

I can't bring anything serious with me to work, but I always have a knife and dog mace.

>>966511
>>966513

I felt a little dumb afterward for not making a bunch of noise, but I also had my knife in my hand the whole way back.
>>
>>966516
I know it'll trigger the gun fags, but a dog and a knife is more effective in that situation. Cats attack fast, and usually from behind, so the chances of getting and effective shot off are greatly reduced.

It kept pace with you, and didn't hide, so it didn't think you were prey. It was just trying to figure out your intentions. You did the smart thing by staying calm and moving steadily. A little shouting wouldn't have been a bad idea, but you mostly did the right things.
>>
Hiked three hours down a mountain with no water or food. When it was all said and done and I began the three or so hour hike back up the mountain, it was then I realized just how fucken much I was in need of hydration. Possibly one of the worst experiences I've ever had outdoors, compounded by the stress that I wasn't gonna make it back to the trail's head before nightfall. All in all not really that risky, but it was pretty fucken dumb and sucked an awful lot.
>>
>>966466
I am 12 and what is reddit?
>>
>>966526
I'll agree about the dog, but I think the knife part is just blatantly wrong. A gun is just as easy to operate with a cat on top of you and they are able to stop threats much more quickly than a knife can.
>>
>>966540
I disagree, but there's already a gun argument thread so I won't shit this one up.
>>
File: happy_cavers_2.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
happy_cavers_2.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
My brother and I found a cave on a river bank in southern Missouri. Went back with my friend and his little brother. Cave was only wide enough for 1 person at a time. Crawled on our bellies for maybe 100 yards. Cave widened but there was a 6'-0 long chasm interrupting our progress. We dropped rocks into the pit but could not hear them hit bottom. Being idiots we decided to cross with our feet on one side of the cave wall and our hands on the other spanning the chasm. For safety we took our belts on and hooked them all together and hooked one end on the person (me) crossing first. I made it across and one by one the rest made it across.
unfortunately the tunnel ended in another 20 feet. We had to turn around and go back across the chasm/ pit. After we all made it across and got back to the river, I realized how stupid and dangerous that was. We were miles from anyone and if anyone had fallen into that chasm, they would be beyond help.
I risked everyones life that day.
>>
>>966547
Props anon, most of us seem used to putting ourselves at risk, takes cajones to admit you've put others at risk.

That's another reason I've revaluated a lot of my risky acts. Not just for my safety, but for the safety of the people who would be tasked with finding me.
>>
File: 1489187086483.gif (105KB, 584x684px) Image search: [Google]
1489187086483.gif
105KB, 584x684px
>>966347
I hate you so much god damn it! This shit should be banned on sight.
>>
>>966321
That's not dumb op
It's pretty standard for trails to have logs over water crossings
If you fall, you're fucked
>>
File: img001.jpg (60KB, 554x364px) Image search: [Google]
img001.jpg
60KB, 554x364px
me and my friends go walking around the train tracks, sometimes during the day but usually at night. walking across dangerous bridges and running to get off the tracks before trains come, do some urbex and cross frozen rushing rivers on slipperly logs and occasionally stumble across hobo camps and shit.

this is always done drunk, and it's actually wicked dangerous drunk and at night, times two during winter.

anyway here's a pic of me wasted and drinking walking on the edge of the edge of the train trestle. prolly a 100' drop into the shallow river below. there's a bridge that goes over the highway that's about as high and i was walking on the catwalk once drunk in the dark and one of the grates was missing and i didn't see and i almost stepped right through and fell to my painful death. luckily i caught the railings and just hung there and climbed back up.

fuuuuug now that i think about it

https://youtu.be/4DdLH75GKkc
>>
>go /out/ in aus

probably most risky/dangerous things have been close encounters with snakes

came across a brown snake walking along a farm near a bunch of logs, it was just curled up sitting there under a meter from me as I noticed, stepped back thought 'holy shit' and jumped away. but then I jumped away in direction where I needed to go back past to get out of the farm so had to go walk past it again but it was gone
That one was probably the worse because it looked like a pretty big brown (hard to see how big curled up, but it wasn't young I'd say mature age) and if I wasn't scanning eyes across the ground looking for mushrooms I would've easily walked right next to it, and nearly did even while looking across ground in front.
also on same farm came across a bull which started stomping it's feet/snorting but didn't charge at me. also had to go past that again to get out of same farm lol. I waited for a while and went around it way out of the way

came across death adders/tiger snakes and other browns other times but usually see them before get too close
>>
Mountain climbing whilst on MDMA.

I felt invincible, injured myself several times and retarded, but also in the process ended up saving a girl we were with because I reacted quickly when she started falling.

Also the intense awareness of stuff around you is nice too.

Do drugs kids.
>>
>>966329
never trust gps in nz bro its fucked as
>>
>>966321
went out on a truck trail near "Reddish knob" with my old subaru legacy and my friends 95 cherokee in the middle of winter. on the way in, light snow and ice. on the way out, its getting dark and colder. theres a hill, his jeep gets up it, i cant. he comes back down to tow me. doesnt work. he tries the hill again solo and cant get up it............ we hike 3 hours in the middle of the night in the dark on some of the most slippery shit ever to a paved road and get picked up by some lady he knows somehow
>>
>>966526
a dog is more effective if youre willing to lose it but a promise you that youre one of these fags 1 degree off of having an intimate relationship with an animal.
>usually from behind
>literally horseshit you made up and thought would be fun to post online
>>
>>966497
Scary shit anon. I like to think I would've made the trip to my vehicle the first day no matter what but I can't say not having been in that situation.

Glad you made it.
>>
>>969612
Oops. Meant for this anon if it wasn't clear. >>966488
>>
>>966541
I don't want to shit up the thread but it depends on the gun. An unwieldy rifle or shotgun would be an incredible disadvantage, yes, but you could get some shots off with a reasonably sized pistol almost as easily as stabbing the cat.
>>
File: DSC_0208.jpg (101KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0208.jpg
101KB, 700x465px
Walk along something like this, but way more steep. wet rocks at the bottom were slippery
>>
>>966321
>freeclimbed a 200 foot cliff with loose rock while high
>>
>>966488
Holy fucking shit that is some Oregon Trail shit right there
>>
>>966704
lmao me and my buddy used to do this. Get high as fuck and go walking through dangerous areas in the middle of winter.

We fell through the ice while scaling down rushing rivers so many times, just laughing our asses off.

Truly fucking retarded. If you're young and reading this, don't do this. Seriously.
>>
Was doing some winter hiking in some reasonably high mountains with a few relatives of various ages. The plan was just to go back the way we came after we got to the last peak but we couldn't be bothered to walk into the wind and decided we could just pick out a path down the side of the ridge.

Things started out ok until my cousin gave me a friendly shove and I tumbled about 30ft down. It wasn't too steep at this stage but I still was curious for a few seconds about whether I was about to die, deciding my last words should be "Oh dear". Everyone laughed at me and we continued on pretty relaxed, starting to spread out a bit until suddenly I hear "Watch out!" from my uncle higher up. A rock about the size of a microwave had been dislodged and rolling down towards me and another cousin. Every time it bounced it changed direction, seemingly knowing which way I'd try and dodge. I probably should have just hit the deck but I didn't and in the end it came down between us, two feet from my head and one from hers.

Kinda shaken up by that and began taking this seriously as it was very steep by now, and on icy scree. The first cousin lost his footing and started tumbling down. He tried to ice axe arrest to no avail and kept going, rapidly heading for a cliff. My uncle shouted down "PUT YOUR ARM IN" to which he responded "NO, THAT WILL HURT" but he shortly did it anyway. Came to a stop agonisingly slowly, finally coming to a halt about a body's length away from the edge. His jacket was ruined (a shame because it was a nice one) and his arm was quite badly scratched but thankfully he and his sister are junior doctors and our dads are doctors too, so they all knew what to do. On the car ride home there was laughter but very much a silent understanding of "None of that ever gets out to our mothers".
>>
>>970503
I freeclimbed in the Shawangunks while sober.

While snorkeling through a longish underwater cave, I blew out my last breath of air onto the ceiling, stuck my snorkel into the bubble and rebreathed it.
>>
File: 254553656.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
254553656.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>966321
I went down running fast through this slope with a a stony ground of a 2000 m peak (guy in pic is not me).
>>
>>966508
Period sex isn't even that bad with some rubbers; it's wet as hell too, so it feel surprisingly good
>>
done a few river crossings in the Southern Alps where if you fall you most likely die and are never found. we absolutely needed to cross, or climb back up through bluffs and set of the epirb and wait for rescue
>>
Deciding to go camping at 4600m instead of staying in camp at 3700m while a massive storm was heading our way, knowing full well that 8 people had died in the exact same conditions on the exact same spot not long before, and that any help or rescue was impossible.

Went up with 3 four season tents, came back down with one. Two got ripped to shreds by the wind. We all made it down alive, but holy shit, that was retarded. And we were a bunch of experienced mountaineers that should've known better.
>>
>>973677
i just threw up a little in my mouth reading that. and this is coming from someone who munches-on and fucks boipucci exclusively
>>
>>969626
BUT ITS GONNA BE PRETTY LOUD DONT YOU THINK
>>
>>968483
As what
>>
>>973857
it's just pretty much fuckt but
>>
>>973848
>munches-on and fucks boipucci exclusively
Maybe that's why you're so averse to vagina? Did that really not cross your mind?
>>
>>966508
personally i like it, i dont even mind to eat period pussy
>>
>>973848
Just dim the lights and shower after; the smell isn't a problem really
>>
My buddy and I canoed across a lake in a lightning storm at 2am without life jackets to an island where we had forgotten our bag of weed.

It was fun
>>
>>966321
Drove.
>>
>>966547
i'm calusterphobic to a degree.
>>
Went scuba diving
Found a large pipe
Got lost in a pipe maze
Almost ran out of air
Came out on another side
Got lost and got very sick when temperature went down over night
>>
>>977481
hay?
>>
>>966321
never did something risky...
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.