[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this might be a classic but i'm relatively new to /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: food13.jpg (638KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
food13.jpg
638KB, 1920x1200px
>this might be a classic but i'm relatively new to /out/ and camping etc in in general

what food do you guys take with you when you're on a trail for a week?
>>
>>964757
The same food I eat at home.
>>
>>964757
my fishing pole with a few extra hooks, along with a canteen cup generally covers all my food and drink concerns.
>>
pasta
flour (bannock)
peanuts
>>
>>964757
Spread some peanut butter and nutella over some fajitas and make wraps, they taste good and are compactful and lightweight
>>
For breakfast I will make some bars before going out by mixing up instant oats, peanut butter, honey, sunflower seeds, flax, and whatever else and wrapping the bars in wax paper and plastic wrap

Lunch is usually something in a tortilla. Get some summer sausage or salami, those babybel cheeses sealed in wax, and some mayo or mustard packets.

Supper is highly varied. Get a starch or grain like rice, quick-cook pasta, dried potato flakes, couscous, quinoa, bulgur, or tortillas(again). To them add spices, seasonings, instant sauces, tuna or chicken packets, freshly caught fish, or whatever you want. This is the outdoors and food prep doesn't have to be a science. There's a wider margin of error because you will be hungry and will eat it.

http://www.trailcooking.com/recipe-home/
has a bunch of stuff and the internet abounds with ideas for simple camping foods
>>
>>964757
Sandwiches and biscuits for short trips.
Bread and canned things to go with them for long trips. Complementary dried fruits.
Soup and cheesiness noodles for supper.
Powdered chocolate and milk for breakfast.
>>
Shooters sandwich
>>
Tuna, peanut butter, hard cheese's, dried fruit, oatmeal, quick cooking rice, ramen, noodle & sauce packets, instant refried beans, dried fruits & veggies, jerky, nuts, m&ms, soup mixes, salami/summer sausage, pancake mix, coffee, hot chocolate, Gatorade powder, etc.
>>
>>964757
2x MRE hobby kits and a pound of PB in case I strike out on game and fish. Small Tony's.
>>
>>964757
Potatoes, eggs, garlic, pasta and apples. From my little farm. I'm poor.
>>
>>964757
If water is abundant i take protein powder but that shit makes your nalgene stink if you don't seriously rinse it.

Otherwise breakfast is honeybuns if a short trip and oatmeal if a longer trip. Always take gorp and experiment. I add pretzels to mine and maybe some m&ms if i have any lying around (normally i don't who can actually keep m&ms)

Lunch is always summer sausage and tortillas for the first few days. Summer sausage will last unrefrigerated but not forever. Sometimes i bring cheese too. Another thing you may consider is bringing some bread at the top of your pack and those budding single serve sandwich meats and some aged white cheddar. The meat will not smell great and the cheese will get see through but it will taste pretty much the same. Then just swipe some mayo packets from your local sandwich shop.

Dinner i make a pasta dish. Knorr is a staple. Good ol blue box mac n cheese works with powder milk and some olive oil. You really don't even need the olive oil but it helps. Add a packet of tuna or salmon or chicken. Or another thing thats fast is angel hair pasta add some tomato paste and you got spaghetti. This is especially good with canned chicken. Instant mashed potatoes are the absolute quickest. Once the water is boiling you just stir it in and its done. You can find real bacon bits to add to that but alot of them come with dehydrated bacon already.

Sodium wise this is unhealthy as shit. But if you hiked all day you will be fine unless you got a weak ass liver(or is it kidneys?)
>>
File: CONDITIONING_WAAAUAAAUAAAAGH.png (31KB, 155x166px) Image search: [Google]
CONDITIONING_WAAAUAAAUAAAAGH.png
31KB, 155x166px
I bring a frozen hunk of meat with the bone and by the time in ready to cook, it has thawed. Boil it in my cup, eat the meat, spoon out the marrow, drink the broth.

CAVEMAN BONE BROTH RAAAAAAAAA
>>
Tortillas work well with a lot of things. I'd bring hummus with me and eat it the first meal since I think it needs to be refrigerated.
Spam/tuna packets are good for some protein.
Maybe an orange or two

Peanut butter or maybe even almond butter for backup if im still hungry

I try to keep everything cook-less.
>>
File: 03.gif (1MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
03.gif
1MB, 500x278px
fresh chikun.
>>
I don't every really go out for more than a day or two...but I take granola bars, crackers, that premade tuna fish salad that doesnt have to be refrigerated, beef jerky, and for dinner I usually take a can of my favorite soup. The only times I have been out for around a week have been on canoe trips, and then we just take coolers and whatever food you want...plus whatever you fish you catch.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.