[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I carry salt in my pack to use as an abrasive cleaning my mess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

I carry salt in my pack to use as an abrasive cleaning my mess kit innawoods. Am I wrong to contaminate the environment with it? You know leave no trace shit.
>>
where do you think salt comes from?
>>
>>963024
Why not use sand as an abrasive instead?
>>
File: DSC03784.jpg (1MB, 2513x1321px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03784.jpg
1MB, 2513x1321px
>>963034
itsa horible toxin,,filling our oceans,, gon try drinking it? , NOo cando!
,,we need toclean up the sea., maybe desalination units., thinkof the Fish.
>>
>>963043
Sand is too hard. I use kosher salt to clean my cast iron and other seasoned cookware.
>>
>>963060
>>
Won't it corrode your cast iron?
Also if you can lug around cast iron, you can take dish washing soap, scrubber, maybe a brush too
>>
>>963062
https://www.amazon.com/Ringer-Original-Stainless-Cleaner-Patented/dp/B00FKBR1ZG
>>
>>963060
Not same guy. River sand is not too hard. With cast iron, you should deglaze the cooking surface with water and a wooden spoon while it's still sizzling hot. You wont need an abrasive. Wipe with oil/fat. Won't mess with seasoning if it's properly seasoned.

Don't see any problem with salt unless you don't wash it all off, and things get rusty. That would require abrasives.
>>
>>963062
>>963071
Yeah, my cast iron is so old and well seasoned that nothing really sticks to it so hot water and a wash rag usually works. I mostly use the salt to clean my carbon steel wok, it gets pretty sticky when you are cooking sauces...I have found that the salt and a paper towel works best with no chance of damaging the seasoning.
>>
>>963062
But what do you wash the chain mail with?
>>
>>963075
The thing in >>963062 is great for all your metal cooking stuff. Best thing ever really.
>>
>>963078
I could make that in an hour with 12ga copper wire and a pair of med. needlenose pliers. Copper has antibacterial properties. Thanks for the idea!
>>
>>963060
>2017
>no pocket sand
>>
>>963085
Copper is pretty soft and will actually rub off. It will also corrode a great deal and leave green and/or black shit everywhere. I know, I made one out of copper first. lol
>>
>>963088
Guess Chore-boy copper dish pads are alloyed.
>>
File: CB Copper Scrubber 2 CT.jpg (42KB, 330x500px) Image search: [Google]
CB Copper Scrubber 2 CT.jpg
42KB, 330x500px
>>963107
Nope. Pure copper.
>>
>>963111
When I use these on my cast iron they completely disintegrate into a green-black mess within a couple weeks. The iron+copper+soapy water creates an electrolysis reaction. Evidently there's some iron from the pan remaining on the pads for this to occur even though you are not scratching down to the metal or anything. Probably the same amount that is added to your food when you cook with iron.
>>
>>963077
Salt
>>
>>963024

Ironically what you should be using is a faggot or more accurately a bamboo pot scrubber.
>>
>>963201
>>963077
Soap and water since there's no seasoning that matters on it.
>>
>>963024
you could bring sterile sand basically it's just dirt.
it costs nothing same weight as salt.
>>
>>963024
Just don't be surprised when animals start licking the ground where you dumped your salty water
This is why you are not supposed to pee on trees. Animals will strip the bark off the get at the salt
>>
>>964122
so if i put salt on my dick...
>>
>>964130
Your skin is already salty
>>
>>963063
>take dish washing soap
>Using soap on cast iron

Protip: DONT DO THAT
>>
File: noslow.gif (134KB, 300x171px) Image search: [Google]
noslow.gif
134KB, 300x171px
>>963063
NO
>>
>>963053
This. The salt in the water hinders whale growth. They're already massively undersized.
>>
>>963024
Doesn't matter.
Nature knows how to deal with salt.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.