[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Therm-a-rest neoair xlite - anybody got any /out/ experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 881574.jpg (23KB, 440x389px) Image search: [Google]
881574.jpg
23KB, 440x389px
Therm-a-rest neoair xlite - anybody got any /out/ experience with one?

They ain't exactly cheap but they certainly fit the bill when it comes to being easy to carry.

Thing is I saw one earlier today and was concerned if I didn't shave then I'd probably puncture it with the bristles on my chin.

Is it tougher than it looks? Main use would be on UK mountains, all seasons, tarp, bivvy setup.

Also general sleeping pad thread. What you got?
>>
File: 20170305_113820.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px)
20170305_113820.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
Klymet Inertia XL pad, large SeaToSummit inflatable Aeros pillow, $19 down throw from Costco.

Maybe two pounds total?
>>
>>962630
>$19 down throw from Costco
What's the lowest temperature you used this in?
>>
>>962630
OP here - How heavy? I'm not an ultra lightweight fag but I'd prefer not to be carrying an extra 10kg up onto the hills
>>
>>962632
45* F. It's only for smmer use. Sholder seasons and winter a different, and heavier, setup. Next winter I'll get alight weight Exped insulated.

My BA insulated Q-cores are really super comfy, but almost two pounds!
>>
>>962640
>maybe two pounds total
>>
>>962615
>>>962640
>>maybe two pounds total
Perfect especially for the price. Thanks anon
>>
Are you putting it in your bivy or directly on the ground? That seems retarded but whatevs.

They are very durable and the best night's sleep you can get
>>
>>962691
You do understand that the S2S pillow is $45 alone? And the Klymet pad is near that? My Tyvek ground sheet was a free scrap.

For me, I try to spend money of the right combination of parts. The Costco down throw was just too cheap not to try out. It helps indoors to keep the heater setting lower, which pays for itself.

I picked up a down vest from Walmart for $40 that is damn close to my $240 Arc'teryx Cerium! So I'm loving that right now.
>>
>>962702
I usually take a jungle style hammock / bivvy combo so my mat sits between the lower two sections.

If I'm lucky enough to find somewhere to hang then that's what I do - if not then I have a lightweight waterproof mat that goes on the floor first (it's actually quite a tough thing).
>>
>>962615
I have the NeoAir Xlite you speak of. I bought the smallest version and it's just enough to cushion my torso. Actually i wish it was another foot shorter... but it doesn't take too long to blow it up.. umm I bought mine in Alaska and used it for 3 months without a puncture. But then I used it down in the Arizona desert for two months and it had about 6 punctures, and one I can't find.. so i have to blow it up once in the night. It's a nice comfy pad though, and it packs down incredibly tiny. I imagine any brand of airpad would puncture the same amount in the thorny ass desert.
>>
>>962615
got an original neoair, it sounds like a crisp packet when you move in the night.
i'd recommend an offcut of armaflex instead if you're seriously bivvying up snowdon in winter.
>>
>>962730
You do understand that the pad in the op is about $175 right?
>>
>>963005
You do understand that poorfag posers don't know that, right?
>>
>>963005
$175 / 175 uses $1 for a good night sleep is a bargain
>>
>>962632
They're only big enough if you're a manlet
>>
I have several thermarest pads and they are all good quality and not once has one failed on me.

Cant go wrong with any of their products so choose the one in your price range.
>>
>>962640
Carrying extra weight for no reason is retarded. Being able to hike 35 instead of 25 miles a day doesn't seem too faggy.
>>
>>962615
These are great. A bit loud when rolling over, but by far the most comfortable option (at any weight).They hold up fine, durrability wise, as long as you arn't dumb about it. Don't put it directly on the ground. I thru-hiked fine with one.
>>
Is there any multi-celled inflatable sleeping pads out there? I'm looking for one with multiple different inflation points so that a small puncture in one of the cells doesn't render the whole thing useless
>>
>>962615
Go try one. At REI they have sleeping pads left out for people to try. Saved me a bad purchase, the xlite would have made too much noise for me to sleep. Got a Big Agnes Aircore Insulated instead, I paid half the price and it quiet, comfy, and they say it's good down to 15 F, although the coldest I've ever slept on it was about 30 F.
>>
File: stupid meme mat.jpg (35KB, 918x391px) Image search: [Google]
stupid meme mat.jpg
35KB, 918x391px
>>963257
the exped TT series are multi-tubed
i cannot comment on their build quality or durability and this post does not constitute a recommendation
>>
i used one and it kicked my ass it was so uncomfortable flat terrain , no rocks either
>>
File: klymit_staticv2_anglebag_v1.png (836KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
klymit_staticv2_anglebag_v1.png
836KB, 1200x1200px
I use a klymit static v2. The thermarest neoair xlite was the other option that seemed reasonable. Basically they seem to be pretty close for the overall experience. The main differences as I understood them are that the thermarest has a better r value, which meant nothing to me since I wasn't camping in winter and that the kylmit was about half the price. And then I bought the klymit used so it was like $40.

Overall it makes for a comfy night of sleep and packs small. Feeling is like just barely adequate in a decent way. It's about as small as you can go without compromising comfort and integrity. Mine hasnt had any problems. I wouldn't jump onto it though. I live near the rocky mountains and air mattress is definitely the way to go in rocky areas. Also supposedly the klymit is like 1lb (manufacturer's specs so take that with a grain of salt). R value is also around 1.

Therm-a-rest neoair xlite is supposedly about 3/4 of a lb and r value of 3 (higher is better ->higher thermal resistance). so if price is not a big factor go with the neoair. Go for the klymit if you're on a budget and don't expect terribly cold temps.
>>
>>962615
Its r-value isn't worth its weight. Consider air mattresses with reflective lining such as the Klymit Insulated Static V or the Sea to Summit Comfort Plus.The sts pad is a little pricey but arguably the best in terms of comfort, warmth, weight and packability on the market.

>>962630
>I need a pillow to sleep

>>962672
Consider my reply to >>962615 i assume since you're going with an exped you're in temps below 0°F?
>>
File: 1393222996945.jpg (5MB, 2743x2076px) Image search: [Google]
1393222996945.jpg
5MB, 2743x2076px
>>963911
>>963911
PS they also have an insulated version with R of 4.3 (Klymit Insulated Static V Lite) that looks about 20% larger and costs +30$ and probably weighs just about the same but I still think you're better off with the thermarest at that point. The klymits are shorter but wider than thermarests. I'm 6'2" and I find the klymit just a little short. I also weigh about 150lb and understand when you're over 200lb these might not be the best choice. hope that was all useful.
>>
>>962615
god mine is so fucking /comfy/ once had to fight boyscouts off of it when they kept passing out on it lmao
>>
Just use a foam pad.

There is no need to spend $150 on a fucking inflatable. I've slept on both and it's totally not worth the money.

The dutch army surplus one is my favorite, wide and long enough for people who aren't pathetic manlets that need an air mattress on the ground. If you are sleeping on very firm surface like rock, gather grass or leaves and layer them about 2cm thick underneath the tent.
>>
>>963919
Why did Dick de-bark the roof joist logs, but not the walls?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.