[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just bought new hiking boots and I've been trying them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

So I just bought new hiking boots and I've been trying them out at home for a bit.

My foot is a fucking freak, I basically have a very wide forefoot and a very narrow heel.

I've only done some very light walking around inside and have been sitting with them on so it's still early, however when I simply sit with them on an evening, they kinda press on the front of my feet. But then again, sitting with your feet up isn't exactly natural so maybe I'm just worring more than I should?

I figure I need to try to clean with them on later today to get a better feel.

Any tips?
>>
takea a bath with them on
>>
File: newboots.png (8KB, 907x582px) Image search: [Google]
newboots.png
8KB, 907x582px
>>962478
>>
>>962486
ah, /out/ memes, a delectable treat
>>
Kys for making such poor life choices
>>
>>962536
So buying hiking boots are poor life choices now?
>>
>>962540
They look bizarre and are uncomfortable yet you defend your purchase. Why?
>>
>>962714
They aren't uncomfortable when I actually walk around in them.

And how the hell does a hiking boot look bizarre?
>>
>>962452

My feet look like Donald Duck feet.

If your shoe has a sole inside, try taking those out first and see how it feels.

If with the front of your feet you mean your toes, get bigger shoes. If you mean the top of the foot, try loosening the straps a bit, and get then tighter around the ankle.

And your shoes look fine. Just make sure they're the right size of you will just end up miserable, or dead because you cannot walk further. Or both.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1472x1962px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1472x1962px
>>962744
Feels bretty gud without a sole. Does that mean I should get it in half a size larger?

Notice how the right side of my foot sticks out over the sole? That's my main problem.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1472x1962px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1472x1962px
>>962751
Without socks on.
>>
if you can return the shoes do.
if you pay retail for shoes from china they should fit perfect.
keens ok for wide toe box but leather to rubber comes unglued way before the shoe is worn out. maybe its that they cant handle freezing and heat getting wet etc.

new balance has good toe box too
>>
>>962765
I can, easily. 14 days full return as long as they haven't been outside.

New Balance seem only to have one actual boot, rest looks like shoes?
>>
>>962751

Half, or even full. If you plan on using thick socks like woolen socks because snow, full is the way. Usually the recommendation is a full number bigger from the "yeah I can squeeze my feet in" point.

You don't wanna be like a woman in a Chinese court.

BTW check if the shoe manufacturer has a measurement table. To measure: stand on a paper, one foot at a time, draw the outline and measure and check the table for the recommended size. Or convert to generic size and do plus one.

I used this method for my newest shoes (same brand as previous though so I had some idea), ordered online, fit is spot on.

Pro tip: if it's good without sole, check if you can find other types of soles. There's those which you heat up and they form to your feet, good if you have pronation. Dunno if you have but it can be good to lift the inside edge of the foot slightly too.

I've done all this because my feet are such that the other is almost 1 cm longer than the other. Plus Donald Duck like yours.
inb4 mutant
>>
>>962776
I just think that if I go up a size, then I'll have too much room in front of the toes, but dunno.

I think I might try some Hanwags. They seem to have a few boots that are specifically wide.

Now why the fuck the multiple clerks I've talked to haven't recommended those is a fucking mystery as I clearly stated I had a wide forefoot.
>>
>>962780

One might think it's too much room but a full number is actually really small, it's not even a centimeter. I recommend to try though, invididual preference will of course vary.

Sometimes clerks have no clue, they just say their friend has a similar product, or they have similar to close the sale if you need a nudge. They sometimes just don't know.

Hanwag is good. Try Meindl too if you have a chance. Two pairs of my shoes are Meindl and one pair is Viking.
>>
>>962780
The biggest possible problem with going up a size is your heel not staying in place.
>>
>>962780
Salomon often have wider feet but really narrow heels if that helps out a bit.
Also Scarpa also are good for wider feet, but not so much narrow heels.
t. Used to work with fitting boots.
>>
>>962856
Salomon isn't wide enough for me sadly. Even Hanwags Wide isn't wide enough. I may be forced to go with special made shoes which are expensive as fuck
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.