[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>crunching the numbers >have to sell 18 egg cartons per

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

>crunching the numbers
>have to sell 18 egg cartons per day, for 365 days, to make a living

Welp, Christmas is cancelled.

What are you growing/raising?
How much are you getting for it?
>>
File: CIxGBFOUMAEf6bl.jpg (76KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CIxGBFOUMAEf6bl.jpg
76KB, 600x450px
>>961264
brah what else you got besides chiggins? you should diversify your portfolio. my neighbors do bees, vedgies, and chiggins and they seem to do pretty well. they also have shep and goats but i don't know if they shear or slaughter them at all †bh.

if you can get a couple healthy bee colonies going your garden and honey options will bring in more money.

also depending on where you live there's a potential goldmine that few have the stomach for: olives. olive trees take years before they start bearing fruit but people absolutely lose their feces over fresh olives, oil, tepanades, etc.
>>
>>961284

Diversifying means you have to find new buyers for another product.

Could sell a head of cauliflower for the price of a carton of eggs. Single head takes 3 months to grow.

Could sell whole chicken for the price of two carton of eggs. Single chicken would take 3 months to grow too.

I price everything in egg cartoons btw.
>>
>>961299
Well i was thinking that having more stuff available will bring more people, even if some of that stuff isn't, in itself, especially profitable. it's kinda like offering free coffee or something and then people come for the coffee and leave with a carton of eggs. give the kids a free spoonful of honey and their parents will buy shit. idunno man, people seem to make it werk. as long as every other person in your town isn't already running a farmstand or similar.
>>
>>961264
Most of what I grow, I use. Means the money that would go to the food budget goes to other things.

Things I sometimes trade/sell

Herbs - lavender, oregano, thyme, parsley, etc. Basil is too cold sensitive to grow more than we eat. I also dry them and sell in winter to those who ask.

Pickles - cucumbers and pickled onions.

Garlic - if I can keep the fucking vermin from eating it.

Sunflower seeds - you get way more if selling to grow than if selling to eat. A packet of 20-30 seeds costs 3 bucks in the store. Sell 50 for 3 and turn a pretty profit.

Jam

Green onions - they never die. I've had green onions take 5 feet of snow and just shrug.

Rosehips - especially great for fall. Vibrant colors, prevents sickness. Little vitamin bombs. I harvest the wild ones and sell in packs of 10 for 2.50.

Art - people will pay 25 bucks on a bird I sketched for fun.

>>961284
Look at Flow Hives if you are considering bee keeping. No centrifuge needed and less stress on the bees.

>>961299
If you're dead set on eggs, get more chickens. Or add a flock of duck or geese. Sell the eggs and meat at a higher price than the chickens to give some range.

The other thing to consider is costs. A single head of cauliflower may take 3 months to grow, but are you buying feed for your chickens to lay eggs? Some of the ones I mentioned cost me nothing but time. The sunflowers produce their own seed for next year, the roses grow wild on my land, the herbs never die except the basil, etc.
>>
>>961264
Where do you sell at?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.