[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have put this together and I'd like some feedback.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: tents.png (126KB, 1796x790px) Image search: [Google]
tents.png
126KB, 1796x790px
So I have put this together and I'd like some feedback. Any models missings in the list?

The list is in no particular order and consists only of tents that can be more or less easily acquired in Europe and cost less than 300 britbongs.

Nemo Hornet 2P is an exception because it's cool like that
>>
bumpity bump
>>
How come you can't calculate area from the dimensions?
>>
File: f10-xenon-ul-2.jpg (110KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
f10-xenon-ul-2.jpg
110KB, 700x800px
>>958169
The tent floor is not exactly rectangular in many cases and while more often than not they give you the distances so you can calculate, sometimes they don't, Vango is the main offender for this. I could have extrapolated but I went turbo /out/ist and didn`t want to.

It's a similar to volumes, initially I thought about calculating them but some of the shapes are very complex and I am no mathematician nor had enough data anyway.

> Pic related
>>
>>957762
Neat list. I sport the HubbaHubba NX myself and really like it. Only downside is that you have to pitch the inner-compartment first before securing the outer to it. This means you have to be quick when it rains!
>>
>>958180
The hubba hubba is probably the best or among the best in the list Imho. I would pull the plug without hesitation if it wasn't for the price tag.
>>
File: tents.png (127KB, 1846x756px) Image search: [Google]
tents.png
127KB, 1846x756px
>>957762
Added some colour coding for some features and sorted the list with an scoring system based on price, weight, inner floor area and porch area.
>>
>>958299
I just checked and the NEMO Hornet 2P can be bought for 350 pounds, holy fuck
>>
>>958299
Very, very nice job, OP.

Have you though about adding other data like fly and inner tent material and denier, waterproofing rating (water column mm), number of vestibules, number of guy lines, poles, stakes... waterproofing material and denier are specially interesting, I would say.

It would be cool if it could be a colaborative effort. Maybe start a wiki with that kind of information? Not only restricted to tents.
>>
>>958299
>>961444
I see now the "2x" in the porch size column
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.