[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey, just coming over from /his/ for a few... too much /pol/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: primitiveTech_1.jpg (234KB, 1104x632px) Image search: [Google]
primitiveTech_1.jpg
234KB, 1104x632px
hey, just coming over from /his/ for a few... too much /pol/ getting leaked.

just a question though.

do you all like worship this guy or what's up with that? Seems like he'd be a God to some outdoor fellows.
>>
>>956035
I think what he does is really impressive. Not anything impossible, but probably difficult to do without a lot of time and training.

>inb4 salty /out/ists
>>
>>956035
He makes some cool youtube videos. Sitting around in the woods making stuff is what some people like to do outside. I prefer to hike, climb, and paddle. Way more impressed by people like Andrew Skurka and Heather Anderson.
>>
>>956035
>getting away from civilization
>building civilization from the beginning of time onward
Totally different concepts. He's just a few videos away from building a Walmart and destroying a small local economy that he built a few videos prior.
>>
>>956098
It's a test of self-sufficiency. Seeing how much you're capable of creating without relying on the social safety net.

I don't always see the point either, but it's an interesting concept.
>>
>>956105
It is a joke, Anon.
>>
>>956035
With nothing modern except a pair of shorts, he's built several functional shelters and all of his own tools and weapons. He's got my respect. That said, I'm pretty sure most of his following just enjoys the view.
>>
he hasn't been put to the test. he wouldn't survive long out in the woods with so little bodyfat.
>>
>>956035
>do you all like worship this guy or what's up with that?
No. Youtubers and their shills are cancer here
>>
Nor King or God,
Just a beautiful Prometheus.
>>
>>956116
Heheh good thing I weigh 400 lbs, I'd survive for months!!
>>
>>956035
Seems like a cool dude that enjoys what he dose and that pisses off fag annons here.
>>
>>956165
>Guy does high quality primitive homesteading videos
>Doesn't say a single word ever, just lets the content speak for itself
>Cancer

wewlad.pdf
>>
what are some similar channels? i tried a couple of others but they were fairly cringey. i just want to watch someone craft some shit (doesn't even have to be fully primitive)
>>
>>956035

usually i just put on all his videos in the background while i do my office work for the day. its very relaxing
>>
>>956696
I don't really think there are any other channels quite like this...at least I have never come across any.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (35KB, 1171x118px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
35KB, 1171x118px
He types like somebody that would post here. Or like an autist at least.
>>
>>956855
jesus christ he BTFO that guy
>>
>>956855
Lol what was that in response to?
>>
>>956105
>It's a test of self-sufficiency. Seeing how much you're capable of creating without relying on the social safety net.
No.

It's a primitive technology. He is trying to reproduce or invent primitive technology. It has nothing to do with survival or self-sufficiency.
>>
>>956035
I really enjoy his videos. I have no intention of trying what he does, I like my modern tools, but it is cool to see human engineering at it's absolute basics done so well.

He actually just put out a new video today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ4KNMnTsIs&t=0s
>>
>>956035

Fuck off.
>>
>>957177
I want to try the sling and the bow. Both looks fun.
>>
>>957173
he openly says in the descriptions for all the videos to not do what he does for the sake of survival. it takes him months to build some of the bigger things
>>
>>956105
>>957188
his videos are not about survival they are about primitive technology
this means the things he does are supposed to be backed by a developed primitive society that already provides enough food and commodities for his survival, and he's not a single man lost in the woods. he probably does all this in his free time but supports himself in the modern world
>>
>>957177
I just watched this. I love his stone hut. The whole time I've been watching his videos I kept thinking how if I were in his position with the large amount of stones around I'd use those for building.

His roof tiles are also impressive as all hell, especially given how much times goes into making them. Also, that heated floor seemed cozy as fuck
>>
Last night I watched his videos with my two daughters, 6 and 2 years old.

It kept us entertained for an hour and a half. The two year old was just having fun, but me and and my six year old were astounded. I mean, the guy starts with nothing...literally sticks and mud. He makes tools, weapons, shelter, pottery. He even smelts metal in one.

This guy is our hero.
>>
>>957431
Now take them out and build some sheeeit.
>>
you really have to know your rocks and plants to do what he does.

so your tools don't turn out to be crap.
>>
>>957479
only wished that he had a before piles of wood, sticks, and rock/clay for each thing so that people have a general idea how much wood/clay ect goes into making each thing.
>>
>>957056
Don't remember, it was on the tiled roof shack video. He accused him of stealing ideas originally or something
>>
>>957460
>police come across shirtless man in the woods playing in the mud with 2 small children
>>
>>957480
check out his blog. he embeds the youtube videos and provides descriptions (which i think are more detailed than what he puts on YT but i could be wrong)

primitivetechnology.wordpress.com
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.