[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw fell for the Baofeng meme What does /out/ use for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 25

File: baofeng.jpg (19KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
baofeng.jpg
19KB, 425x425px
>tfw fell for the Baofeng meme

What does /out/ use for radios when outdoors?
>>
so far on my baofengs I just get constant weather reports. If you find some other value (besides 2 way communication between friends) I'd be interested.
>Baofeng meme..What does /out/ use
But you're asking if there's a better radio?
>>
>>955955
I just bought one for work because they shit all over most basic 80 channel UHF radios that cost twice the price and I cannot justify spending $250+ on a decent GME or Uniden radio like most of my coworkers do. There's a whole bunch of neat stuff you can access via CHIRP but I'm new to this so need to research. One thing I found neat (for me at least) is the ability to listen to the FM radio on it while still being able to talk and receive, great for when you are working by yourself. Of course there are better radios, but more than likely not feature wise for the price.
>>
>>955940
>What does /out/ use for radios when outdoors?
BaoMeme UV-5R V2+
I use it for comms between friends when riding the dirtbikes, the FM radio when innawoods with the dogs, a police scanner when I'm home, NOAA during severe weather events, and the beacon light when walking my dogs at night. I love it!
>>
>>955985
I'd love to set up the radio for something like that, multiple channels/frequencies for different uses. Did it take much effort for you to set all that up?
>>
>>955985
I'm going to buy one now but I can't find any info on their site about battery life (vs. extended battery) or weight of either
>>
>>955994
They claim 24 hours on a charge but I doubt that, maybe if you took the time to actually cycle through the battery 3 times before actually using and just mostly having it idle. Having said that I used my UV-5R for the first time at work last night on an 8 hour shift, was playing around with the shitty LED torch, using it constantly to communicate and used the FM radio for about 90 minutes, then went fishing after work for an hour just using it for the FM and it didn't even go down one bar. To be fair though as soon as I got mine yesterday I slapped it on the charger for around 8 hours so may have overcharged the battery or something.

The bane of cheap chinese rechargeable shit is their power supplies not being able to shut off once fully charged.
>>
>>955994
Radio life is impressive. I use one as a scanner and it lasts for hours on end. Listening in on the local county jail is always entertaining. Nice little radios for the price. Dont know actual weight but they have a solid feel
>>
>>955990
Not as much as I thought but I'm a special case - my father had a RadioShack Pro-528 UHF scanner before I ever heard of BaoMeme or CHiRP. I learned to program it manually, and lucky for me a lot of what I learned on the Pro-528 translated over to the BaoMeme.

Once I got CHiRP it streamlined the process and even fixed some software bugs on the BaoMeme. I then went to RadioReference.com to get the frequencies for my town's police, fire, and ems as well as the nearby nuclear power plant's security and NOAA frequencies.

If you don't have a broadcast license you can still transmit over FRS and MURS frequencies - neither of those services require a license, but you have to transmit on the radio's low power setting otherwise local HAMs might come knocking as the UHF society self-regulates.

Lastly, get a better antenna. The rubber duck that comes with the BaoMeme is shit. I'd go for a Nagoya 15" whip antenna.
>>
>>955994
I have the stock battery and it lasts for many hours, though I've never timed it so I can't give you an exact figure.

They sell an extended battery that they claim lasts 3x longer than the stock battery, plus you can buy a car charger and a AA battery adapter.
>>
>>955994
>>956004
Oh, and as the battery depletes the radio will warn you with a "Low Voltage!" auditory message. The first time it happened my father thought it said "Little Brown Tits" hahaha!
>>
>>956000
>MURS
GMRS is also an option, which allows you to go up to 50w power. It requires a license, but there's no test required, just a $50 fee.
>>
>>956009
Bam! Good info, anon!
>>
>>955998
>>955999
>>956004

thanks my dudes
>>
File: chewna.jpg (59KB, 497x580px) Image search: [Google]
chewna.jpg
59KB, 497x580px
>>956000
Shit, I thought baomemes were unique in their notoriously confusing manual setup, I just checked out Radioreference before too, fucking neat. As for antennae I already looked them up when researching the radio but I wear mine in the shirt pocket so fuck having a 15" one getting in your way with physical labour, even if it's belt mounted. Was surprised when I went fishing after work today using the FM mode and could still hear a few of the work radios when they were 4km away and over a hill.

>tfw looking up Rubber/Leather cases for them on ebay
>literally all results are from China/Hong Kong/Malaysia
>cheap as shit but postage arrival estimates between 2-10 weeks from now
>select "Australia only"
>price goes up $10-$20
>every seller is from the same 2 regions with all negative reviews saying they come from china anyway or they never even get their item

Their face when
>>
Mine is my main 2m radio I use with repeaters. It does a pretty good job. I also use it for broadcast FM and weather reports.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZCDBsBuhmg

Baomeme confirmed for made with the spirit of Nintendium™
>>
File: download (2).jpg (11KB, 123x300px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11KB, 123x300px
I have an aor 1500 XLT it picks up from .5 to 1,300mhz. But apparently most broadcasts switched to digit so it's pretty much useless. I've been looking at the beofang it's actually been on my Amazon cart for months now. But what frequencies can it pick up and what frequencies does it broadcast on. Like what's the purpose of this radio,?
>>
>>956027
Can confirm, I dropped mine in barnegat bay and it still works.
>>
>>956028
There's shitloads of baomemes mate, the one I posted in the OP is like the entry level of entry level, I just wanted it for a cheap UHF and love that it does it as an afterthought many times better than other cheap name brand dedicated 80 channel handheld UHF's. I haven't really gotten into all the other shit but it can be used as a basic portable HAM radio, repeater and police scanner to name a few things. The hype about them is it's cheap, chinese shit that is actually OP as fuck and well built for a change, people say they should be illegal due to their ability to access stuff people pay good money on equipment and licenses for.
>>
>>956039
From what I read on Amazon it won't pick up the 100.000-200.000mhz which is what most police stations use. Maybe I'll just buy one for shit and giggles.
>>
File: i-ZXjkppz-L.jpg (59KB, 338x600px) Image search: [Google]
i-ZXjkppz-L.jpg
59KB, 338x600px
XPR7550 is my primary
XTS5000 for state stuff, rarely carry that though
Dual-band analog in the pickup that needs to be replaced with something digital
Couple other old radios not even worth mentioning, should either sell or discard of them
Some microwave gear. And some test equipment.

...and a baofeng, because it was 30 fucking dollars.
Glad that's all I paid for it. The receiver's junk, transmitter doesn't even come close to rated output power, UI is terribad, chirp is flaky at best. For what it does it's a great value, but vastly overrated online.
Bunch of friends bought them because >moar buttons must be good, then they realize what a pain in the ass it is to program and figure out, end up carrying an FRS/GMRS radio instead.

If radio's something you want to get into, they've greatly lowered the cost of entry into what had previously been an expensive hobby ($300 for a similar ken-yae-com).
If you're looking for comm between friends, you'll get better performance out of a decent set of FRS/GMRS radios.
>>
>>956047
Which model are you looking at though? There's heaps and some have older or newer firmware.
>>
>>956028
Pretty much this: >>956039 and the dual-band feature means you can listen to, say the fire department, while talking to someone three states away by way of repeaters and listening to FM radio in between.
>>
>>955994
The battery gets drained the quickest when you're transmitting sigals. It's very low energy use to receive signals. So if all you do is listen, you will likely get the boasted 24 hours of it.
>>
Me: VX-8DR
Friend 1: Bungholiofeng
Additional friends: Motorola HT1000
>>
>>955998
I tested my BF-F8+, it should run a tiny bit north of 30 hours with the standard 14 watt hour battery/
>>
>>956000
>If you don't have a broadcast license you can still transmit over FRS and MURS frequencies - neither of those services require a license

its still technically illegal as the radio isnt type certified for use on those frequencies. No one really cares though.
>>
>>955940
>What does /out/ use for radios when outdoors?

UHF CB mostly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UHF_CB
>>
>>956118
T. Libertarian
>>
File: UV-5RE+.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
UV-5RE+.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
Anyone know the diffrence between Baofeng UV-5RE+ and the UV-5R V2+ ??

Any answer would be highly appriciated
>>
>>957195
V2 is supposed to have better software and better made body other than that, I don't see the specs being any different. I'd go with the V2 if it isn't any more expensive than the 5RE+.
>>
>>957209
Its only that i can't find any V2+ that ship from china only USA.
And there is a 18$ import charge from the states.
>>
>>957216
Shit that sucks man, just find the cheapest you can and it should go without saying look for the seller with the best rating from china.
>>
>>957219
Literally none V2+ from china! only the 5RE+
Oh well i can live with the import charge.
Thanks for the quick answers anon!

Ordering the V2+ Radio, Nagoya NA-771 antenna, 2x 3800Mah extended batteries and the programming cable.

Anything else smart to add?
>>
>>957235
I ended up buying a 2.5mm-to-3.5mm audio adapter so I can plug them into my desktop speakers when I'm at home - something to think about.
>>
File: dj580tlrg.jpg (61KB, 261x713px) Image search: [Google]
dj580tlrg.jpg
61KB, 261x713px
>>955940
i've got one of these. it's ancient but works great. get yourself an extra battery and you'll be good to go. also, roll yourself a j-pole from twin lead and some coax, carry some line so if you want you can throw the antenna into a tree. you'll work anything you can hear.
>>
>>957235
Nah seems like you've got it all covered, but 2 extra extended batteries on top of the standard one it comes with? You planning on using your radio non stop for a 10 days at a time? Didn't even know that audio adapter that >>957260 said existed so might also be a good idea

I want to get a rubber or leather case for mine but see >>956013

Maybe a molle pouch is the way to go?
>>
>>957264
I don't really know shit about radios but this looks like the type of thing people on forums say they have been using for 20 years with no issues.
>>
File: jp-fig1.gif (4KB, 556x261px) Image search: [Google]
jp-fig1.gif
4KB, 556x261px
>>957264
oh yeah you can find these on ebay, made in japan and here's the antenna i mentioned
>>
File: 1312557762052.jpg (77KB, 280x287px) Image search: [Google]
1312557762052.jpg
77KB, 280x287px
>>957275
Noice, a relic before planned obsolescence became the norm in electronics. How many batteries has it gone through in that time? Boss at work still uses a Nokia 3310 he's had since 2001 and has only had to replace the battery twice.

>hfw
>>
>>957275
>not my president
Can't even have a radio thread on an outdoors forum without bringing your political views into the conversation. You must be so proud of how edgy you are.
>>
>>957294
He has a point though.
>>
File: IMG_2964.jpg (47KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2964.jpg
47KB, 500x382px
>>957275
>>957294
take this shit to /pol/ you mellenial snowflake
>>
File: Baofeng1.jpg (139KB, 1044x778px) Image search: [Google]
Baofeng1.jpg
139KB, 1044x778px
>listen to local highway channel
>truck driver is talking about pulling into my town and ordering a Hamburger from the service station
>banter and get him to order me one as well

Holy fuck best investment ever.
>>
How much range would I get from two UV-5R V2+ with their standard antennas? Worth taking out when you may seperate 2-3 miles from your buddies?
>>
>>957613
I've gotten ~1 mile range with the standard antenna, but that was with a bunch of shit in the way - woods, a neighborhood, buildings, and a highway.
>>
File: tomales.png (178KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
tomales.png
178KB, 300x370px
Would you trust a Baomeme Marine radio in a bay like this for fishing? It's well protected and generally pretty smooth, except when inexperienced idiots try to cross the mouth of the bay.
>>
>>955940
When I'm innawoods I just use smoke singals. Works just fine tbqhwy
>>
>>957713
Yes, see:
>>956027
>>956032
>>
>>957528
I know another way you can get get stuff from truckers
>>
File: 1486627034845.jpg (138KB, 852x637px) Image search: [Google]
1486627034845.jpg
138KB, 852x637px
>>957860
>>
Buy the UV 85. Don't get the other ones, they are remakes of the UV 5 that don't get any software support.
>>
>>958001
Sorry I meant the UV82.
>>
>>957528
do these transmit on CB freq's?
>>
>>958012
UHF CB, yeah. If you mean the regular low frequency CBs then no.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_band_radio
>Citizens band radio (also known as CB radio) is, in many countries, a system of short-distance radio communications between individuals typically on a selection of 40 channels within the 27 MHz (11 m) band.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_high_frequency
>Ultra high frequency (UHF) is the ITU designation for radio frequencies in the range between 300 MHz and 3 GHz
>>
>>956047
The old unlocked models are all VHF/UHF 136-174/400-520 MHz

go here: http://www.radioreference.com check your area frequencies. Above 100MHz is mostly interesting only for VHF airband, can't hear it with this type of transmitter anyway because AM not FM.
>>
>>957266
Yeah there was a 2 for 1 deal on the 3800mah extended batteries on ebay. so what the hell right?
Better to have more than you need than to get really fucked cause you miss one.

Also gonna buy a MOLLE pouch for mine, but that im just gonna buy from the local army store.
>>
File: 1488162713393.png (99KB, 1853x519px) Image search: [Google]
1488162713393.png
99KB, 1853x519px
From our /k/ousins:
>>>/k/33131197
>>
>>957613
On flat terrain you'd probably get close to a 4-5 mile range. If you had a little elevation above your buddies you'd probably get even farther.

With some small hills and trees in the way idown say you'd have a 2 mile range, as long as you weren't on opposite sides of a mountain.
>>
>>958220
Got a link to that seller/page? Also what's with the price fluctuations? Are they making even cheaper knockoffs of cheap chinese shit?

>>958665
Apparently, not like anyone really cares though.
>>
So you'd use these on MURS channels to get decent range which doesn't require a license but it's actually illegal because these particular radios aren't FCC approved?
>>
File: i-zJ2Tkv8-L.jpg (60KB, 338x600px) Image search: [Google]
i-zJ2Tkv8-L.jpg
60KB, 338x600px
>>958668
>range
On the plus side, you've got a little more power than most of your cheap-shit radios do.
FRS/GMRS channels usually have a "high" power option - 5 watts - same as the baomemes.

Plus to an FRS/GMRS: Transmitter/antenna's tuned for those particular frequencies. So the power transmitted is better matched to the antenna. Which means more of it is going on the air.
The baomemes shitty antenna is designed to cover a wide freq band - VHF and UHF. It probably won't be matched well to the freq you're using, so there's more power being reflected back into the radio from the poorly-matched antenna.
And that's a lower power output than a good FRS/GMRS radio is - my "5W" radio measures about 3.7W on my power meter (which is calibrated/traceable).

But you are correct, these radios are legal on ham frequencies because those bands don't need type-certification. MURS, FRS/GMRS and commercial does require type cert to be legal.
>>
I have the Baofeng UV82 with a Nagoya 771 antenna.

I just use it to listen to emergency services and taxi dispatch centers.
I dont know what else to do with it.
>>
>>956048

To be honest I didn't notice any difference in sensitivity and power output between cheap Chinese radios and my Moto stuff (GP340, CM360). Think mine are Wouxun or something like that.
>>
>>958772
What were you expecting?

Check out the ISS ham radio repeater and normal ham radio repeaters in your area.
>>
Does anybody have the info graphic of how to program the channels for this thing?
>>
>>961571
Yes, give me a moment to boot up my file server.
>>
>>961665
>tfw vacuum tubes and punch cards
>>
>>961571
>>961665
Sorry for the delay.
>>
>>961676
close...
>>
File: antenna math.jpg (96KB, 1800x244px) Image search: [Google]
antenna math.jpg
96KB, 1800x244px
>>961771
>>
File: CHiRP screenshot - channel list.png (233KB, 500x1411px) Image search: [Google]
CHiRP screenshot - channel list.png
233KB, 500x1411px
>>961775
>>
File: shtf frequency list.png (616KB, 900x1136px) Image search: [Google]
shtf frequency list.png
616KB, 900x1136px
>>961776
>>
File: ft60.jpg (31KB, 425x387px) Image search: [Google]
ft60.jpg
31KB, 425x387px
FT60 masterrace
>>
>>961330
The local repeater is nothing but literal 90 year olds talking about the weather in England.

I was expecting to find survivalists to listen to but I guess the've all moved to podcasts or something.
>>
This was released yesterday - Xiaomi MiJia Walkie-Talkie - $36, will most likely be around $50 on ali.

Looks interesting, dual band, USB charging, detachable antenna, bluetooth programmable. It seems there is also some kind of data mode usable in conjunction with phone for location sharing/reporting.
>>
File: 1366_2000 (1).jpg (71KB, 1366x783px) Image search: [Google]
1366_2000 (1).jpg
71KB, 1366x783px
>>961839

Forgot pic
>>
>>961771
OP here, this is neat, thanks. Still fucking love how this cheap ass radio has better range than some of my coworkers $300 units. If this thing lasts 6 months of abuse work is going to start buying them in batches.
>>
>>961840
Looks like cancer.
>>
>>961794
VX-8DR master race.
>>
File: 1488058853608.jpg (14KB, 432x365px) Image search: [Google]
1488058853608.jpg
14KB, 432x365px
>>961840
Can't read moon runes.
>>
>>962002
Any time anon!
>>
>>961839
>>961840
Very nice, thanks for this info. Looks a bit bigger and chunkier than a UV-5R, but the built-in USB charger makes it ideal to charge with a powerbank and regular MicroUSB cable.

Sure, I do have that capability at this time with a 5V to 10V step-up cable, but you'd still need to carry the charging cradle with you.

>>961798
When the grid goes down, they might be a good source of information (given that they have a battery backup). Some hams might be discussing some info he or she heard on shortwave ham bands, from outside your area of effect (of the disaster) or from ARES or one of the many survivalist nets on the shortwave bands.
The more frequencies you have programmed or the capability to listen to, your chances of getting some worthwhile info when the grid is down will increase.
Please buy a 5 dollar programming cable so you can give the frequencies a alphanumeric name.

Since the ISS repeater is extra-terrestial, it will still work in almost any scenario. It's a bitch to work though. Just get your ham license, and check in with local VHF and UHF nets. Might want to get a Diamond X-50 or X-30 (or N9TAX antenna if you don't want anything permanent) on your house and a cheap base rig like the Juentai or Leixen. that way you can be a lot more sure of being heard on simplex ham frequencies (not using a repeater to talk to hams) and when checking in with nets.

Commsprepper and Guerrillacomm are some good YT accounts.
Getting your FCC general license is a piece of fucking cake.
>>
>>956053

Aren't they not actually totally dual band?
>>
>>966674
The Baomeme radio's dual-band feature allows you to program 2 different frequencies to be monitored at the same time. If someone is transmitting on both frequencies at the same time the radio will play the signal it received first.

Further, the Baomeme radio will only allow you to transmit on whichever frequency you have programmed into the top display (Band A).

So let's say you're at the beach with two mates - none of you have a beach badge but each of you has a Baomeme programmed to FRS 3 in Band A and the beach patrol frequency programmed to Band B. One of your mates hears the beach patrol on their radio but the others don't (out of range, interference, etc.). Your buddy can then try to hail you on FRS 3 to alert you to the beach patrol's presence.
>>
>>966698
Boy, you don't know shit about Baomemes.

Dual-band means they can cover 2 ham radio bands. That means you can receive and transmit on VHF and UHF frequencies. It can do 130-170 and 400-520. That is what dual band means.

What the fuck you are talking about is DUAL WATCH. Baomeme will allow you to transmit on whichever frequency is set on the lower part of the LCD (Band B) when you press the PTT, not Band A. That is with the UV-5Rs however, the UV82 has a dual PTT meaning you can access both frequencies at the same time at an instant.

>>956039
People say they should be illegal because of the bad output filtering. People that say they can access repeaters illegally aren't wrong either, but that's just because these radios are so cheap everyone and their little nephew are buying them for shits n' giggles without having a license. That paired with the fact they can scan CTCSS/DCS too. But thats' just the fault/result of modern ages and evolving electronics. 10 years ago a Baomeme equivalent would be 150 dollars or more.
>>
>>968630
>transmit on whichever frequency is set on the lower part of the LCD (Band B)
It's actually Band A
>>
>>968635
It's been a while since I played with my 5R. I just have it in my Get Home Bag, use the UV82 for daily listening and stuff.

The /k/ prepper pastebin also has a section about Baofengs and external antennas. http://pastebin.com/FhKXrmYh

Between Baofengs with rubberducky antenna (OEM or Nagoya) you shouldn't expect a range of more than 1-3 miles. When you start using a portable Slim Jim antenna that range increases to 10 to 15 miles.

Repeaters are often placed on top of building, thats why you can key them from your house without any extra gear.
>>
>>968643
Range depends entirely on where you are and where you're trying to reach is. I've been five miles from a friend and couldn't reach him on VHF, and I've been up a mountain sixty miles from a repeater and getting through just fine on UHF.
>>
>>955940
I don't understand what "mem" you dell for. Baofengs never have neen advertied at the best at anything. But if you just need a cheap 2m and 70cm radio (and some of the working bands around there, i wont2 tell) they are solid gold for the price.
>>
What is a good case for the UV-5R? All the dedicated ones I can find on ebay all come from China and will take more than a month to show up. Preferably want a leather case with a clear bit of plastic over the keys but at this point even a generic pouch will do.
>>
>>955940
Listening to unique and interesting people have conversations about subjects which are foreign and therefore especially interesting .

Its kinda like the internet.
>>
>>968769
Like I said:
>Repeaters are often placed on top of building, thats why you can key them from your house without any extra gear.

At ground level VHF and UHF is gonna stop at the radio horizon, which is a tiny bit further than the visual horizon. That's what I mean with not expecting a range of more than a few miles in most situations. Like you apparently experienced yourself with that 5 mile simplex on VHF.

Once you both go high up (you on the mountain and the repeater on top of a building) you can easily get 60 miles or more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQkDaDHv9TA

>>969157
Why do you want a case? Just buy a spare Baofeng. But don't mind the stuff from China taking a few weeks, once you get used to it, you don't care a lot for it.
It's like buying your own presents, forgetting about them and then having a nice surprise in your mailbox one day.
I prefer Dealextreme for most, otherwise I just use Intl. eBay sellers.
>>
>>964734

Menu is in Chinese (for now).

https://youtu.be/6vNDkQmA9I0

https://youtu.be/ipoQWb5Td8U
>>
>>969196
Thanks for dropping these vids. Guess this isn't going to be the 'smart' app-enabled Baofeng-killer we hoped it to be, yet.

MAN THAT SUCKS BIG TIME. I saw the iOS app in the app store, also only in Chinese. And the limited frequency ability is gonna suck too.
You can only use these on the 2m and 70cm ham radio bands. You won't be able to use them with FRS, GMRS, MURS, PMR446 or UHF CB.

>tfw no ultimate prepper radio with built-in text message and GPS coordinations transmission capability with USB charging
>>
>>969195
>Why do you want a case?

Because it gets used in a lot of physical labour work and I would like it to last longer than it should against bumps and liquids.You stupid or what?
>>
>>969198
Sounds like you want a VX-8DR
>>
>>969198

There's a lot the ultimate HT set would do. Why not have it be a highly versatile SDR, too? Or wish for an open public standard for digital (optionally encrypted) with voice and RF IP? And USB otg control on your phone?

/k/ had a thread last year about the ultimate prepper tablet, and the two devices converge as the wish list grows.
>>
>>969327
>VX-8DR
muh dicc
Can you do text messages to a certain programmable ID over APRS?

>>96936
You should look at the Tytera MD380. It can do analog and DMR, and with special firmware you can listen to DMR talkgroups without knowing the codes. They can display them as well. They are monoband only IIRC

Perfect would be
>DMR chip with scanning & promiscuous mode
>Uniden CloseCall
>APRS beacon chip
>Airband receive
>Quick DCS scanning on analog FM
>easy port for aux cable to connect phone for PSK31/RTTY/SSTV decoding and transmitting
>BNC connector
>Waterproof for 1m for 30 minutes
>Heck HF AM/SSB/CW RX

I'm not such a fan of SDR because they can easily overload. The Baofengs have this issue

I'm looking for a way to communicate with someone else in my area, around 100 miles flat lands, in some kind of coded form with preshared codewords.
I've looked at HF, especially NVIS
>>
File: 20170315_223824-1.jpg (3MB, 1778x2812px) Image search: [Google]
20170315_223824-1.jpg
3MB, 1778x2812px
Got mine last week, the extended batteries today and the pouch.
Still waiting for the 15" antenna to arrive.
>>
File: 20170315_223855-1.jpg (4MB, 1804x2771px) Image search: [Google]
20170315_223855-1.jpg
4MB, 1804x2771px
>>969570
>>
>>969557
>Can you do text messages to a certain programmable ID over APRS?

You can do them to another callsign over APRS, I guess you could set something up where you could send them to a certain ID and have them forwarded to a phone number.
>>
>>955940
Yaesu FT-250 (I'm a technician class)
>>
>>969570
>>969574
What is this pouch called? Even better, got an ebay link?
>>
>>969912
The pouch is Russian army issue for the yмтбc 6ш112 system.

I bought it when i was in Russia yesterday so i don't have a ebay link.
And i doubt you will find one there.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.