[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this'll raise some eyebrows but.. is anyone into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: shutterstock_213109381.jpg (524KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_213109381.jpg
524KB, 940x545px
I know this'll raise some eyebrows but.. is anyone into UFO spotting?
I'd love to get into it and I'm looking for any stories, inspiration and advice
>>
Tried it for just about every night for around a year. I'm a pretty science based guy and never saw anything even remotely unexplainable. watching the sky at night is cool though when you can find the ISS and watch it cross the night sky.
>>
Going /out/ tonight. The UFO is in the tail of the comet. Gonna wear my new Nikes!
>>
>>955424
ISS is cool to see. On clear days I can see the bigger launches from Canaveral, it's amazing how fast those things get up there. I gotta take a trip up there to see one up close.

It would be cool to see a UFO. Some anon posted a Phoenix pic they took in a thread on /b/ the other day and that was spoopy. And a couple of my friends drove from Chicago to Cali a few years back and they are both 100% positive they saw a UFO somewhere in Nebraska in the middle of the night and neither of those dudes are into shit like that so idk what to think.
>>
I was in Zion National Park in November camping, and I saw a satellite light up really really bright, it was the brightest thing in the sky, and then fade out quickly. Can't identify, so UFO.
>>
>955405
>>>/x/
>>
>>955545
My bad,
Has anyone ever been UFO spotting >>OUTDOORS<<

Thanks for the other replies!
>>
>>955405
>>>/x/
>>
>>955405
i didn't believe in "ufo" sightings until i had one. there were three of us there. I see one of the people i saw it with all the time and neither of us have ever brought it up after the second night. the other keeps trying to talk about it but honestly when i hear the words coming out of my mouth it makes me doubt my own sanity. it really makes you question everything you know is "right." Just thinking about it gives me a sick feeling and makes me want to go chain smoke.
>>
>>955732
>anything outdoors is automatically /out/
>anybody ever driven a car outdoors?
>anyone ever been to a concert outdoors?
>anyone ever been to a football game outdoors?
>anyone ever watched tv outdoors?
see how retarded you sound?
>>
I was in a smallwood in the northof England approx 3 or 4 years ago.

Sat down, on a fallen tree, having a coke , just watching the night sky.

An orange ball of light to the left of me quite high up, think it's a chinese lantern.

Watch it for a bit, moves slowly, then stop dead, then shoot straight up at a colossal speed.
It stops dead, then splits into two lights that shoot off straight up out of sight.

It was very strange.

The next day I also saw
>>
>>955802
>>955859
Damn now I want to witness something like that. I just take the approach that not long ago we thought the sun revolved around the earth so there's a lot of shit we don't understand. And we are missing out on a lot since many of the greatest civilizations didn't really keep written records, or at least we don't have access to them today. Behind all of these crazy stories, there is some sort of truth. I just keep thinking about the Giant Squid and a handful of other rare animals that we thought were myths when our grandparents were children.
>>
>>955859
>Watch it for a bit, moves slowly, then stop dead, then shoot straight up at a colossal speed.

im >>955802
this is eerily close to what i saw. but for me there was debate as to whether it was a satellite or a planet to a satellite and looked was waaaaaaaay up high. about 2 min into our conversation of whether it was "actually moving" or just appeared that way based on angle/height/whatever it shot like a cannonball across the sky in a streak until it just kind of dispersed in a blink.

i know i sound crazy but i know what i saw and i was not the only person who saw it.
>>
>>955856
Did you post that outdoors from your phn?

>defining irony
>>
>>955405

>be me about 10 years ago
>headed way up north to do some work on hunting parcel with good friend
>leave a bit late in the afternoon so will have to set up camp in the dark
>whatever.png
>10 pm and on remote country "highway"
>only one other vehicle ahead of us
>suddenly hundreds of multi-colored strobes fire off above treetops @ maybe 100' from the road
>if there was a pattern, it was way too complex for us to discern
>lasts all of maybe 5 seconds
>WHATTHEACTUALFUCK.gif
>car ahead of us hits breaks, then hauls ass away
>an hour of confused conversation as we make our way to parcel
>set up camp still in disbelief
>start fire because pretty freaked out
>hear wolves howling like mad all night

I don't question my sanity. I've always been a "I'll believe it if I see it" type. Don't really know what to make of it. Seemed far too elaborate for some farmer's hoax. Didn't actually see a craft/saucer/ship, but all the strobes were centrally located just above the tree tops right off the road. Buddy's mom told us that people in that area (where her family is from) have been seeing weird shit for many years. Some people believe us and some think we made the whole thing up. Zero fucks given... I know what I saw... just not what it was.
>>
>>955856
are you currently being a prick outdoors?
it's nice to get threads that aren't gear or fishing from time to time.
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (173KB, 810x1089px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
173KB, 810x1089px
About 12 years ago, I heard this really eerie sound; a constant, high pitched beep-like noise. It lasted for about 5 minutes before it stopped, but not before it riled up every dog in the area within a second. I lived in Adams, TN at the time so there really wasn't a whole lot in the area that would remotely make noises like that either. I'll never know if it was some UFO or not.

>>955424
>>955511
I saw the ISS a couple of years ago on my way home from work one day. I think I could see the solar panels too.
>>
>>955856
>anyone ever called another person a racial slur
>>
>>956415
Kinda like the bigfoot shit, now that everybody has cell phones with HD video and pics on them 24/7, I'm really hoping we get some new shit that makes it all indisputable. At the same time because we all have fucking 10MP cameras on us all the time, it makes me doubt some of the shit because how do we not have more conclusive bigfoot evidence?
>>
>>956557
Only once, but it was

O U T D O O R S
U
T
D
O
O
R
S
>>
File: 1478910204652.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478910204652.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
>>955405
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/05/29/ufo-video-captures-strange-object-near-ohio-military-base.html
>>
File: 2ntiyk5.jpg (153KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
2ntiyk5.jpg
153KB, 900x675px
4chan wont let you post th-
>>
I don't believe in ufos at all. Though last year with two other mates saw a bright light like a shooting star in the middle of the sky, it didn't go straight though it was spiralling around then shot off towards the north. We where rather drunk but all saw the same thing. Best explanation we could come up with was it was a meteor and it was coming straight down at us which was why it looked like it was spiralling around. Still pretty freaky at the time.
>>
File: 1488640501552.jpg (122KB, 602x655px) Image search: [Google]
1488640501552.jpg
122KB, 602x655px
>>956554
Im going to probably sound really stupid, but what were you using to look at the space station, you dont mean your naked eye, right? I want to see it now, pls halp
>>
>>963065

I'm not the anon you're asking, but I have seen it with my naked eye. If you're far enough away from the city, and there's not a full moon, and you know when it's coming around (there's various phone apps that help) you can totally spot it

I've spotted many satellites too with the naked eye
>>
>>955405
Nine times out of ten, it's a dildo.
>>
File: 1240283177342.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1240283177342.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
>>963083

Funny thing about aliens and dildos

I'm 58 years old. During the early 90s through about 97 or 98 I was in communication with a man who supposedly worked with a few non-government agencies/groups who tracked and interviewed people who reported encounters with things they couldn't explain (not MUFON, before you ask)

Anyways if he is to be believed, what he reported was as follows

Basically every report of anal probing during abduction (which is actually fairly uncommon despite all the jokes made about it over the last few decades) stems from a few things:

>the sheer shock of witnessing something you cant possibly comprehend (ie being abducted by extraterrestrials)
>the overwhelmingly complicated network of thoughts, both conscious and subconscious that make up our minds
>the fact that our species, advanced though we are, are still driven by and rooted in the desire to procreate
>except that because of our intelligence we're able to separate sexual satisfaction from reproduction into pleasure
>the drugs administered by the aaayyys, both to calm us, confuse us, and not remember them
>their interpretation after observing us, is to try and give us a parting experience that will soothe the traumatic experience
>so we're given what, in it's most basic sense, is what we'd call a dildo
>so we're naked on a table in a spaceship under drugs we can't comprehend, or in a field, and in shock and euphoria
>jamming our own asses in what they conceive to be an attempt to satisfy our senses and pacify us
>they might be eons ahead of us in technology but don't have a perfect understanding of our brains, at least they tried
>turns out ayyy's accidentally trigger our hedonism, without even knowing (or possibly having transcended) what gay is

There it is folks
>>
>>963076
This.

It's pretty darn easy to see a satellite. Go to a place where you can see more stars than normal, and you WILL see a satellite after about five minutes. It's garunteed unless you have bad eyesight or are closing your eyes the entire time.

Additionally, the ISS broadcasts its presence boisterously. If it's in your eye OF sight you will notice it almost immediately a second a fast moving, very bright star. I say that to fast moving but really, it's apparent speed is only a bit slower than a normal plane crossing your field of view.
>>
>>963087
That is possibly the funniest and most asinine thing I have ever heard.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.