[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Militaryfag here. This fleece is so /comfy/ what is a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Militaryfag here. This fleece is so /comfy/ what is a good civilian equivalent?
>>
USAF here. The USN has the same thing as ours but black and without nametape & rank velcro.
>>
>>954534
Its a fleece type that you often see in the thicker range of fleece's. I dont know the specific term for it but from Danish we roughly call it fiber-fur
>>
Monkey Man
>>
Polartec thermal pro hi loft.

TNF radium, monkey man, Patagonia r3
>>
>>954534

I fucking hate fleece. It looks like it has a greasy feeling, like a dog that hasn't been bathed in a while. Anyone else feel this way?

Any fleece out there that doesn't feel so slick and greasy?
>>
File: 1446357120897.gif (68KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
1446357120897.gif
68KB, 500x293px
>>954599
>>
>>954567
>Monkey Man
This. Check out Mountain Hardware Monkey fleece
>>
>>954534
Mountain hardwear sells something similar under the name "monkey man."
>>
>>954534
You know you can still buy those if you want.
>>
>>954543
Pile fleece
>>
>>954534
There are companies who contract the mil-spec ones that also make them for civilian sale. They have them at my local surplus store. You should be able to Google the spec# to find them.
>>
>>954599
Wool
>>
>>954599
I get used to it, still don't like it. Dunno how a dirty dog feels (thank god) but for it's mostly the electricity buildup. It just feels wrong.
>>
>>954534
I have a blanket of this and it's super warm
>>
>>954534
I have a columbia fleece jacket and it doesn't look nearly that thick but I like it since I live in Arizona anyway so it's a good light jacket for ~50 degree weather in our winters. Northfaces are nice too, even though they're the fashionable normie brand (or at least were when I was still in high school 7 years ago).
>>
>>954534
>no hood
>comfy
>>
http://store.tripleaughtdesign.com/Shag-Master-Hoodie
>>
>>955017
Nice, but $200? The used/irregular surplus and Mil-spec clones go for $68 tops. You can get really good wool for $200.
>>
>>955024
Ganna take the L here and say TAD has some great fucking clothing. I hate the bullshit faggot markup price coming out of CA, but goddamn their clothes are the shit.
>>
>>954599
>>954678
>/out/
>afraid of dirt.
Go home and eat your artisanal pemmican by your gas fireplace, leave the wilderness to real men.
>>
>>955024
I'm not going to buy it but I'm not going to stop wanting it either.
>>
>>954534

Buffalo systems. Its a wicking wool with a windproof outer layer.
Its based of British Army models for civillian use.
Saw a test of a guy who jumps in a river in the Brecon Beacons midwinter. It took 15 minutes for it to dry.
>>
>>954779
>wearing a second layer for 50 degree weather

fuckin kek'd
>>
>>955359
ok?
>>
>>954599
They're comfy and light. Try only wearing them when its below freezing
>>
A girlfriend
>>
>>955066
>m-muh real mean
You know how I know you're insecure about your masculinity?
>>
>>954599
>Anyone else feel this way?

I generally prefer something more scratchy like wool. The trick with fleece is to wear it when you are doing something. I got one for work and once I get started I forget I'm wearing it.
>>
>>954534
Your best bet is to remove the velcro and improve where you see fit, such as reinforcing the elbows with better materials. Put on well tied 550 cord zipper pulls. Just use the milsurp one and modify it to meet your needs.
>>
>>954534
Where does one get the coyote brown for cheap?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.