[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any camping stores have a decent supply of canoe and kayak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: Penobscot174_green_angle_zoom.png (311KB, 1506x451px) Image search: [Google]
Penobscot174_green_angle_zoom.png
311KB, 1506x451px
Do any camping stores have a decent supply of canoe and kayak parts? I've tried Academy and it's garbage.

I've got an old Penobscot 16 I'm repairing and I really hate ordering things online, yet I need a thwart and screws. It's a 21-year old canoe that needs a little work but it's awesome.
>>
File: IMG_2549.jpg (40KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2549.jpg
40KB, 1000x667px
>>954123
The Dick's near me have a decent selection of Kayaks and a handful of accessories. At the beginning of last year, most of the stores in the area actually cut down on their fishing stuff to expand on the kayak section.

But most of these stores will tell you what is in stock if you go online. You have a Bass Pro nearby? They actually sell boats so they might have a better selection and their website will tell you what they actually carry at the store. Otherwise see if you have a West Marine store nearby. They have those stores everywhere even if you aren't close to large bodies of water.
>>
>>954126

Unfortunately my state has 3 Bass Pro shops in the whole state and none near me. I may end up buying the screws from the Old Town website, which I really don't want to do since they're 6 bucks apiece.

We've got a Dick's and Cabelas nearby but the Dick's doesn't have boating stuff at all.
>>
>>954132
Did you look into West Marine?

Hardware stores always carry a huge selection of random screws and fasteners too. Sometimes it's worth going ther with the old one and trying to find something that matches. And if Ace Hardware or Lowe's doesn't have it, most areas will have some sort of specialty electrician or contractor store that carries all of that hard to find fastener stuff.

Otherwise the internet is great. But I'm like you, I like to check the shit out IRL and buy it today if I can find it locally. I also hate paying $5-$10 shipping on $15 worth of little stuff.
>>
File: Ludacris_late2014.jpg (232KB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Ludacris_late2014.jpg
232KB, 3200x1800px
>>954123

Buy some wood and make a new fucking thwart, buy screws at a fucking hardware store or a marine chandlers, not a fucking sporting goods or camping store.

You wouldnt go into a pep boys and ask them to direct you to the aisle you can pick up a fender for a 55 chevy 150.

Is that you wranglestar?
>>
Do you have any canoe rental/outfitters around you? They can probably steer you in the right direction.

I used to have a crappy Old Towne that I would haul, while my friends would rent. Got to talking to the outfitter, and he unended up selling me a Grumman with a busted rib for $300. Took it to a guy that does tig welding. He charged $50 to re enforce the rib. I taken it on 25-30 floats and it's still good as new. I sold the plastic for $200.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.