[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to get a new tent for when I go hunting/backpacking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2740.jpg (31KB, 450x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2740.jpg
31KB, 450x322px
I'm looking to get a new tent for when I go hunting/backpacking and I need of some suggestions. I found the Eureka Alpenlite 2XT for $350 locally and it seems to have gotten good reviews. My main conerens with it are obviously it's a littleness pricy and it weights in at 7lbs.
>>
>>953189
Why do you need a tent? You could save yourself the $350, the 7lbs, and the pitching that hideous monstrosity if you just laid down a groundcloth and maybe pitch a small tarp if you're expecting rain.
>>
4 season tents are heavy because of the extra pole weight. Get a 3 season tent.
>>
>>953195
I hace slept in the mud of a hilltopbase in khandahar province. I seriouslydoubt your faggot ass evercamped 4miles from your subaru.
>>
>>953201
Actually, the furthest I've camped from my vehicle is 1,400 miles, the trip lasted three months, and no I didn't take a tent.

But you can go ahead and feel like a 'real' man because you carry unnecessary gear. Really, it's no skin off my dick.
>>
>>953281
The roadtrip from houston to san deigo is about 1400 miles. You are a liar
>>
>>953195
I'm not going to use a tarp in bad weather/snow conditions
>>
File: 1482806332084.png (121KB, 362x317px) Image search: [Google]
1482806332084.png
121KB, 362x317px
>>953416
>muh roadtrip

>AT ~2,190 miles
>PCT ~2,650 miles
>CDT ~3,100 miles
>NCT ~4,600 miles

Surely, no one ever hikes these.
>>
>>953471
Ok sure. Techically all those trails are quite long. But niggers mailmacaroni and cheese to themselves every 10 miles.

Please, tell me thenepic story of how you were fartger from your car than houston is from san diego.
>>
>>953475
>tell me

Yeah, I'm not that guy. You're sperging out for no reason. Over 17,000 people have thru-hiked the AT. Almost 5,000 have done the PCT.

Just because you wouldn't/couldn't doesn't mean no one does it.
>>
>>953487
I hsve been far more remote than any moron on the pct. Perhaps my chalenge was off base since i suppose i can get 8k mikes from my car by flying to japan.

Whatevs.
>>
So any opinions on the tent?
>>
>>953526
I used eureka tents in the boy scouts they are solid. I wouldn't buy one today they dort of seem academy teir.

I would ttrust a kelty overa eureka. But thats just me.

Aslo, the 1400 miles from his car guy is a liar
>>
File: 20170114_182001-1.jpg (919KB, 1464x819px) Image search: [Google]
20170114_182001-1.jpg
919KB, 1464x819px
I'm not sure about the Eureka but I use a Vango Blade 200 and it's a fucking top notch tent for the price, best I've had, very light, set up in a couple of minutes.

For those other two guys, I once parked my 4x4 on a ridgeline and hiked 2km down a steep spur to camp next to a river, doesn't sound like much but it was hard especially climbing back out.
>>
>>953550
Yea normally hiking uphill is worse.
>>
>>953416
I'm not seeing how that completely unrelated fact could possibly prove anything.

>>953475
>tell me
Hitch-hiked from Spokane, WA to Campo, CA. Slept under the open sky the whole three months until I got back.
>>
Buy shelter halves. You get ponchos as a bonus!
>>
>>953526
I use a eureka solitaire tent that ran me about $100 or so(5 years ago, don't remember the price and I got an employee discount).

Quick note: it's on sale on amazon for $85.
>>
>>954124
That's a solid price! How's it hold up in stormy weather/how'd you like the tent?
>>
>>953189
Too many parts in that system. I wouldn't.
>>
>>954341
Fine on all fronts. It's not a free standing tent so you have to secure it down. But it is a tight fit. Just 2 factors and there was a rumor of messed up poles or them breaking but I never really had an issue with them. Just FYI.
>>
>>954341
As far as my personal experience with it: it's a tight fit. But that doesn't really bother me, I'm in it to sleep and then right back out when I wake. So yeah. There's that.
>>
>>954346
yeah I'd go for a single pole tarp tent, something like the SMD Lunar solo
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.