[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Getting stationed at Offutt AFB in Omaha, NE what are the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: reeeeeee.jpg (218KB, 1000x953px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeee.jpg
218KB, 1000x953px
> Getting stationed at Offutt AFB in Omaha, NE

what are the best places to visit within 500 miles?
>>
Western Nebraska isn't all corn, cucks, and black bucks.

Pine Ridge, and Scotts Bluff.

You you need to realize the people there are the lazy quitters who couldn't make it out west.
>>
Badlands NP is all I can think of
>>
>>953108
Former Omahan here, current Lincolnite.

The closest thing to Offut is Gifford Point WMA, pretty big forest and flood plains. It's nice for a walk in the woods, relatively quiet on weekdays. You also have the Loess Hills in Eastern Iowa, check out Preperation Canyon, it's about an hour from Omaha. Up north near Blair you have DeSoto Bend, there's lots of native wildlife and it's very well maintained and protected. Most normies around here go to Platte River State Park or Mahoney State Park, both are really great for casual camping or fun with friends in general. Out west you have the Sandhills, the Nebraska National Forest at Halsey is pretty cool. If you have a 4x4 vehicle you can have a lot of fun on the 80 or so miles of trails. Other than that there's not much that's close enough for a weekend trip. Living in Eastern Nebraska sucks, my dude, probably one of the worst /out/ states.
>>
>>953124
hey, there are also the nerds who stayed to sell shit to the nerds going out west.

and germans. Those fuckers immigrate and then stay in one spot, only marrying people within a 50mile radius.
>>
File: outmap2.png (357KB, 1553x1202px) Image search: [Google]
outmap2.png
357KB, 1553x1202px
Ouch, rolled a 0
>>
>>953793
yeah Nebraska is a 0 but most of that map is wrong.
>>
>>953108
Nebraska lifer. Live among your future co-workers at strat...Everyone thinks it is cornfields and grass. We like it that way. However, there is plenty to do outdoors.

Canoeing on the Niobrara, Dismal, Platte, Elkorn, Loup, Cedar Rivers.

If you hunt, the whitetails and turkeys in the eastern half of the state, pheasants in the central and south west. Ducks and geese throughout.

Hiking at Scottsbluff, Pine Ridge, Indian Cave, Fort Robinson. The cowboy trail. Mahoney and Platte river state parks are good for a family outing.

Nebraska National Forest is cool.

Tanking is a thing. Bring a keg and some buddies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqtOMhhUYgw

NE has the most miles of river than any other state. River fishing for catfish and gar is fun.
>>
Colorado Springs isn't far. welcome to being STRATCOM's bitch, bitch.
>>
>>953791

Only the ones who needed to take a short piss in the Platte River. Germans are pretty bad in NE. But not as bad as those Swedish Lutheran cucks and their love for Somalians up in Minnesota.
>>
Welcome to Omaha! It's a great town but not for outdooring. Even the zoo is mostly indoors. The Badlands and the Black Hills are both just under 500 miles away but probably further than you were hoping for. On the bright side with all the four day weekends you guys get you'll have time to travel.
>>
>>953108
There are scenes of farming and railroading but there is /out/ related stuff is in there too....

However, most if it is not around omaha. driving for a few hours to do something is common

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD_iSqmypfg
>>
If you think Nebraska is that bad, you are a faggot.
>>
Go tankin' down the Dismal River in Thedford.

I had a transmission blow out driving through Nebraska. Four channels on the TV, three of them were about corn.
>>
I have a friend there, maybe you know him. Hes an Air traffic controller and hes a gay
>>
>>953793
most of that map is bs but Nebraska is right
>>
File: CGI Pepe.jpg (39KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
CGI Pepe.jpg
39KB, 576x384px
>>953793
yep, whoever made this map has never been east of the Rockies without being in a major city
>>
>>955293

so what are your top 5 east of rockies
>>
Try and transfer to Ellsworth, OP. That way you're right next to Badlands NP and Black Hills NF.
>>
>>956295
Not him but
1.) Michigan
2.) Wisconsin
3.) Maine
4.) New York
5.) Minnesota
>>
>>956697
>Wisconsin above Minnesota
Alright, you triggered me. But seriously, what is the reasoning there?
>>
>>953793

Literally retarded.
>>
>>957498
Not him but a Wisconsinite who has been to Minnesota. When I've been there I've noticed it's much flatter than Wisconsin. Wisconsin also had a lot more great lakes coastlines, much of which are rocky and innawoods. Our farmlands are also more scenic, they are more fragmented and hilly, with woods in between.

Minneapolis is a better city than Milwaukee though, I live in Milwaukee and I love it but I would live in Minneapolis if I had the choice.
>>
>>953798
>>955267
>>955293
>>957992
The guy who made that garbage thinks the fact that people get upset about it means it's right. I feel like it's simply a troll image.
>>
>>953108

The Black Hills have some nice little spots
>>
>>953108
There's lots of little neat spots bordering Omaha for quick hike or afternoon trip. There are a few places in Iowa that aren't very far as well. Indian Cave, Halsey, The Niobrara River, Waubonsie, etc. are all worth checking out.
>>
>>955293
That's all there is east of the Mississippi
>>
>>958003
I live in Minneapolis. While it's certainly better than Milwaukee, Eau Claire, Green Bay and any other rust belt shithole city in Wisconsin, don't plan on moving here. The liberals are rabid, it's getting gentrified and the blacks are turning the Twin Cities into New Chicago.

Nice music scene though
>>
>>959976
I've been wanting to move to the Twin Cities for a long time but I've been seeing exactly what you're saying. Still, might head up there for a year or two just to say I did.

>mrw when people want to turn Sioux Falls into Minneapolis 2.0
>>
File: 1487917718346.jpg (65KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487917718346.jpg
65KB, 300x300px
>>953793
>New Hampshire being that low
>Wyoming, home of Yellowstone only a 7
Trash map
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.