[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm a pretty young guy 20 years in age and i'm currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: jackie.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jackie.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
i'm a pretty young guy 20 years in age and i'm currently working a manual labor job. and my goal is to save up enough money to buy land in the u.s i want to build a house on the land i buy and live a autonomous, self sustained lifestyle. How feasible is this goal what are some things to consider any advice anybody could give me?
>>
People have done it before. Funny you mention this. Our glorious leader gave us his thoughts on this very topic just today.
https://youtu.be/se-opuzre5Y
>>
>>952986
is it harder to do in the u.s than in europe? what about taxes and the government interfering in shit
>>
>>953004
Europe has more government and taxes than america your retard
>>
>>953028
There's a lot of nitpicky shit here in the US too though.
>>
>>953004
Really depends on the state. Just do some researching into property taxes and laws for different rural states.

>>953028
>your retard
the irony
>>
>>952980
you will always have to pay taxes
>>
>>952980
Autonomy. American culture says that autonomy is good. But what it means is that you're a productive cog in the system without needing financial help from the government/corporate infrastructure.

The idea of Rugged Individualism drove America to prosperity, but now, the Culture only hangs on to this idea to drive consumerism. There are no new Frontiers.

You CAN live autonomously here. If you can make nature your friend, then You will have a strong ally in your struggle against the Culture at large.
>>
>>952986
Shitty clickbaity titles

wranglerstar tier sellout

reeeee
>>
>>954686
the IRS is welcome to find me in the middle of the woods on some slice of land no one is activly using for anything in a fly-over state.
>>
>>954717
this

American Culture only promotes Autonomy to the degree that you will buy tackle boxs, gerber knives, ect.

They dont ever want you to ACTUALLY go and leave the system, just to sell you more shit. The Capitalists would sell us the rope we use to hang them all.
>>
>>953028
blanket statement, ''your retard''

OP is gonna have fun living self sustained with your ameritard property tax system
>>
>>954730
Exactly. We have to ask ourselves if we are really /out/ for /out/'s sake, or just stuck in the consumerist meme of Frontierism and Rugged Individualism. For example here are the names of a few trucks and suvs sold in the U.S.:

Aspen, Avalanche, Yukon, Seirra, Frontier, Tacoma, Ranger, Sequoia, Wrangler, Cherokee, Laredo, Renegade, Rogue, Denali, Compass, Santa Fe, Colorado, Trailblazer, Tucson, Tahoe, Durango, Explorer, Escape, Expedition, Wagoneer, Montana, Scout, Bronco.

What do these names have to do with a gas powered internal combustion driven means of transportation. They've stolen our Mythical Past, and are selling it back to us as a necessary reality.
>>
>>954793
The Suburban's not afraid to tell the truth.
>>
So many people want to do something like this. I suspect that it's universal to men in our DNA.

OP dont let your dreams be memes or you will be a miserable alcoholic at 40 or dead of heroin at 28 or on psychiatric medications or taking care of your wife's sons etc. Almost no one is happy living in a fake cubicle society

OTOH, Pursuing your goals will make you a man and a man with a plan. Not many of those around anymore.

As far as how to do it, save 20% of your pay and start learning about construction and farming and animal husbandry.An acre of arable land near a city or town is way better than 20 in the mountains for your purposes
>>
>>954726
IRS 'Federal' 'income' taxes are actually voluntary.

State levied sales and property tax is not... and it is very difficult to hold highest title anymore.

Anywhere you go near enough to a road to drive there, someone is else going to be more interested in your land use than you are.
>>
ITT a bunch of teenagers wanking about how everything is the fault of capitalism and that's why they haven't gone /out/
>>
One consideration is that our society heavily penalizes the middle class to subsidize those poorer. If you were to have $10,000 or less income when 'self sustaining' many gibs come your way and you can use your earnings as you wish to improve your operation
>>
>>954857
Good point. For 95% of our biological history, their were no cities or even sedentary villages. That longing I feel to be under the trees cannot be all learned/taught. It is truly in our blood.
>>
>>954865
Okay buddy, enough of the red pills for you today.
>>
>>954865
capitalism =/= degenerate globalism

But, you made me give you a (You), so well done regardless
>>
>>952980
If you stay focused on your goals, and make sure your necessities are really necessary, then you can live here comfortably, and happily without government assistance. Even if you have no skills or knowledge that can be monetized, you are young. Labor and willpower alone can bring you within reach of your goals.

You are also at an age where you are very susceptible to being derailed by Women, Boredom and, in general, the perils of your developing Self. You won't have to live like an ascetic monk, but damn near it.

Is the U.S. the best place to do this? I don't know for certain. I do know people here who have accomplished what you seek, and live happy, fulfilling lives.

Curious as to where you live now? Seems to be a bad time for immigration at the moment. Half of your struggle may be getting here and staying.

Good luck.
>>
>>954860
>Federal income tax is voluntary

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irwin_Schiff

Really kindles the spirit
>>
>>954860
And you will voluntarily go to jail or have your shit seized if you dont pay the feds. BUT, the joke is on them. If you go to jail, then they are paying your bill. Google what the fed pays per federal prisoner/per year then add in lost productivity and, wait for it, lost tax revenue. You really cant go wrong I guess.
>>
>>954973
Wow. His son was a senator!
>>
>>954973
I'd wager it costs more to convict someone of tax evasion than the tax revenue they would gain in a lower-middle class persons life. But it looks like Shiff was pretty wealthy.
Do lower and lower middle class people ever get time for outright refusal to file individual federal returns? I know they will garnish wages and seize property, but how many "Average" people dont file and then go to jail for it?
>>
>>954985
Canidate. Didnt win.
>>
>>954981
The fee to cover the average cost of incarceration for Federal inmates in Fiscal Year 2014 was $30,619.85 ($83.89 per day). (Please note: There were 365 days in FY 2014.) The average annual cost to confine an inmate in a Residential Re-entry Center for Fiscal Year 2014 was $28,999.25 ($79.45 per day).Mar 7, 2015
>>
>>955002
>are middle class citizens above the law?

Put it to you this way. If you refuse to pay, and they just let you get away with it, what is stopping anyone else from refusing? The whole system would (rightfully) collapse. Pay your taxes, or you will likely go to jail. Better yet, hire a competent CPA and have them coach you on how to right off a ton of expenses so you come out near even. Well worth the couple hundred dollary doos they will charge.
>>
>>955216
Hate too stray off subject too far, but why don't we just tax the big corporations who are making all the actual profit, rather than the people who are just getting by, and actually selling their bodies and souls to make ends meet?
>>
>>955320
It's not the American Way. Paying taxes makes us Citizens.
>>
>>955323
No.
It makes you Subjects.
>>
>>955320
corporations in the US are taxed according to the same income tax structure you pay

rich people make their money through capital gains
>>
Enough with the tax shit. You're gonna scare OP away.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.