[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are a bunch of Chinese manufacturers selling cheap rugged

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

File: nomu.jpg (782KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nomu.jpg
782KB, 1280x720px
There are a bunch of Chinese manufacturers selling cheap rugged smartphones. Nomu, AGM, Blackview, Crosscall, Ulefone. Anyone try them out? They have all the features like waterproof, freezeproof, glove mode, and sunlight readable screens. Obviously the reliability is questionable when you have a cheap chink phone... but my iPhone is shit for outdoors stuff.

/out/phones?
>>
>>>/g/
>>
I have the Geotel A1. shit was 70 bucks and it kicks ass. kinda chinese, only works with its factory charge cord but overall good deal.
>>
>>951793
learn to read bitch
>>
>>951769
All phones are chink phones except for blackberry unfortunately.
>>
I think I'm going to give the Nomu S10 a try. Looks like it has the best specs for the price range and the reviews are decent.
>>952140
Good point. Samsung and Apple are known to have issues with their phones.. but people are willing to pay more for them anyways.
>>
>>952176
>people are willing to pay more for them anyways

For Samsungs you get what you pay for. Exploding Note7 aside, their top spec phones are superb. Pretending you can get something as good for a tenth of the price from Dum Fuk, China is just silly.
>>
>>951769
What kind of plan do you use with these
>>
>>952222
unlocked you can use any carrier. they charge you $30 for their sim.
>>
File: 7693892-23.jpg (111KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
7693892-23.jpg
111KB, 600x416px
>>951769
>>
>>952228
Already have a waterproof case on my iPhone. Touchscreen doesn't work when there's the slightest bit of moisture on it. But what really annoys me is that anywhere less than 5ºc and it shuts down.
>>952211
I don't really need bleeding edge technology but a nice camera is a plus.
>>
>>952005
>Geotel A1
How big is that phone? The website doesn't list the dimensions. All these phones are fuckhueg these days.
>>
>>952211
your kinda dumb right ?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>951769
Why not just get one of those LifeProof cases or some shit?

>>952228
This too. They make these special cell phone bags too that you can find in boating stores and similar places where you can actually talk on the phone through them. Little bit thicker and better seal than cheap Ziploc bags.
>>
File: iPhone User.jpg (16KB, 320x264px) Image search: [Google]
iPhone User.jpg
16KB, 320x264px
>>951769

>cheap chink phone... but my iPhone is shit for outdoors stuff.

lel, iPhones are made in China idjit.
>>
>>952253
about 5.75"x3". Look on the Gearbest website. It's like $70 right now, cheaper than some iPhone cases.
>>
File: IMG_0016.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0016.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>952253
+1 on this too. I was so sad the day my iPhone 5s finally crapped out on me and I had to get the new, bigger one. Now I'm stuck carrying a fucking 6s and 7 all day.
>>
>>952272
Nowhere did I say iPhones were American made. I only implied that they are built to higher standards than a $150 noname brand. Which is true... but you also pay a premium to have the Apple logo. You dipshit homo.
>>
>>952271
yeh I do have a waterproof case. But in colder weather, like less than 5ºc, it shuts down after 10 minutes of exposure.... sometimes I shoot video or time lapses and it just dies.
>>
>>952277
How old is the phone? Is your battery fukt? Maybe a good portable power pack will help or it could be time for a new phone if the battery is just complete shit.
>>
>>952211
All of Samsung's top phones have been shit for /out/ since the S5. S5s have decent specs and they're extremely durable for a smartphone. You can also get them for only a 120 or so these days.
>>
File: Apple fanboi.jpg (106KB, 578x712px) Image search: [Google]
Apple fanboi.jpg
106KB, 578x712px
>>952275

>apple
>quality

pick one.
>>
>>952282
It's a 6s, has never liked the cold. I have seen people's 5s and 6 models do the same thing. Normal characteristic for the Li-Ion batteries.
>>
>>952267

Not dumb enough that I can't spell "you're", you spunkwhistle.
>>
Blackview bv5000 has a crazy battery which lasted 3 days with normal use, couldn't pick up 3g in toronto, so edge network only, GPS was ok, but the screen bubbles out past the bumpers, so super easy to crack when dropped.

For 150cad, not recommend. Got a months use from it, close but still so far.
>>
>>954302

I should add I liked it enough that I'm considering dropping 175 on a bv6000 just in case that works better.

I've had google, lg, and Samsung phones, all of which have been equally shit. I'm hard on phones, hence the tough phone desire.
>>
Imho OP recommend the Moto 3 of Motorola, the shit survive mi two son's in pools and beach and have a relative good battery, actually testing the Moto 4,the tempered cristal protector is a must and is just another $5 bucks.
>>
Nokia is working on an android phone. Just imagine ... an android phone you throw against a brick wall and it won't even drop the call ...
>>
>>952274
w-what did you take a picture of your phone with
>>
Why not get a durable clamshell for out use.
>>
>>954306
Got the bv6000, its good
>>
File: rangerfone.png (146KB, 1030x300px) Image search: [Google]
rangerfone.png
146KB, 1030x300px
>>951769

I remember SerpentZA reviewing a rugged phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vNZV4WwnNE

http://www.rangerfone.com/products.aspx

Not sure where they're sold though.
>>
>>956354
where from? gearbest?
>>
what about just getting a redmi note 3 pro international and a good case ?
>>
File: 14878871981561638525237.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14878871981561638525237.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Had those three so far.
Cat S50 is kinda good but costs as much as a Samsung Galaxy S7 and isn't as good as "normal" phones nor as sturdy as other /out-phones (display broke really quick). Also, you're very reluctant to take it /out due to its price. Is completely waterproof, though. Would recommend it for construction workers etc. but not for /out, especially the new model (S70?) which costs as much as a new iPhone for fancy (but /out-useless) shit like infrared camera.
Next one was a Kyocera. Was a little cheaper and quite sturdy until it drowned in a strong rain (supposedly waterproof, but definitely not true). Got full refund for it, so I can't complain too much...
The one on the right was a Ken Xin Da (some chink brand) Three Proofings W9 (very strange name).
Was only around 100$, kinda sturdy and 100% waterproof, but the quality was shit. Poor reception, slow software and the batterie began to fail after 6 months. And although it survived three falls on concrete, the display died when I threw it on my bed (!).
I'm now back to Samsung for my usual day and have an old Nokia for /out. Having a phone that can both seems to be impossible (though recent phones are much sturdier and could probably survive a normal hike, I'm still reluctant because of their price). On the other hand, you don't really need a smartphone while /out and a normal phone is totally sufficient.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>955984
Pic related
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>955984
Plebs
>>
>>956537
The cheap outdoors phones all seem to have their quirks. Nearly pulled the trigger on an Ulefone Armor, it really looks like a well rounded device... but then from checking reviews I found out the GPS is completely useless on it. I have heard the Cat phones aren't very reliable either, even though they cost way more. My iPhone works good so I guess I'll just have to live with the cold weather shut downs.
>>
>you get what you pay for
>not a marketing scam to convince people blowing wads on status symbol veblen goods is a satisfactory use of their hard earned income

Isn't it interesting how it's only the Apple and Samsung users relying on this argument?

>t-t-the sticker on my phone means I'm richer than you, poorfag! T-the credit card debt gives me credit rating l-lmao...
>>
>>952271
Only the Apple ones are waterproof, if memory serves correctly
>>
>>956542
>>956540
why is your name Bepis??
>>
>>951769
Don't get an evolveo phone. Shit rubber cover for headphones and USB, can't use any other than the specific USB jack, etc. It can be kicked around for 30 feet but the screen cracked after a 3ft fall.

As for my current phone, the Xcover 3 has been good to me so far. No crazy stuff done, dropped a couple of times from moderate heights (usually on the corner) and no problems. Not even the jack is wiggling.
>>
>>951769
I have a question. What are you using the phone for when /out/? Are you using it during /out/ activities or while resting at a camp site? For me, I might take out my phone to look at a map, but other than that I don't use it until I've made camp (that's for overnight canoeing trips, hunting, hiking, etc.) Unless you're actually working on your phone outdoors you should be able to get away with a rugged case.
>>
>>958440
I suspect you canoeing has a lot to do with when you use the phone (don't text and paddle). Tourists may use the phone while moving (not a good thing, but a thing nonetheless)

Being a sporadic tourist, I use the phone to look at a map or to check my e-mail, since I am a contract worker and it's the best part of my job - being able to work from anywhere on the planet.
>>
File: IMG_1009.jpg (53KB, 414x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1009.jpg
53KB, 414x230px
>>958406
Evolution
>>
>>958440
Using it to make /out/ videos. After like 5 minutes of exposure to the cold it shuts down. Also filming in the rain is a pain in the ass because the touchscreen doesn't work when it's wet. Might just get a GoPro.
>>
>>955976
Check the moto x force, that is exactly it. I use it as my daily driver
>>
>>951793
Look at the Tough guy
>>
>>952271
>>952274
>>952282
>>956540
>>956542
>>958470
could you keep your tripfagging in /soc/ please
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.