[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Arborist anon http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art icle-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: sad.jpg (34KB, 306x415px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
34KB, 306x415px
RIP Arborist anon

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4227622/Tree-surgeon-killed-horrific-chainsaw-accident.html
>>
Last summer a guy was falling an oak, it was a big oak with low big branches which he didn't cut.
The wind started blowing and the oak sit on his bar while making the backcut so he sent his son to get another chainsaw to free the saw.
While he was waiting for the son the wind suddenly changed direction and the tree began falling, while it was falling it surprised the faller and grabbed him by the shoulder throwing him on the ground and he hit his head on the stump but in the meanwhile the tree fell on its branches, springed up and then came back down crushing the guy's head on the stump

Couple years ago a guy was falling a large beech in the snow and he couldn't see under the snow that its branches were twined with a pear there nearby, which was rotten. As the beech began falling it pulled on the rotten pear and it fell down on the guy's head killing him instantly
>>
>>951535
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4227622/Tree-surgeon-killed-horrific-chainsaw-accident.html

Romania is contributing to the death of the EU, I am glad their people are dying.
>>
>>951562

Fuck off back to /pol/, Alt- Faggot.
>>
File: 132.jpg (54KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
132.jpg
54KB, 800x800px
>>951535
>dailymail
>>
>>951535

Fake news. I'm still here.
>>
F
>>
Globalism kills Again!
>>
>>951550
>falling

felling, anon
>>
It can happen to the best of us. RIP.
>>
>>951644
>alt-faggot
You're going down schlomo
>>
>>953952
Go to your containment board stormweenie :)
>>
>>951535
I did this for 2 years @$40/hr. Got knocked the fuck out by a dead top. I was hanging for 5 minutes in the harness. Don't rely on a hard hat. Best job I ever had, but I quit because I thought I needed to be alive for my son. My neck is still fucked up a little. No workman's comp cause I was paid as a sub. I kinda want to get back to it. I'll have to drop 40lbs first.
>>
yeah, I don't think CPR is going to help in that situation

seriously tragic story though
>>
>>951644
/pol/ hates the EU you dense cunt newfag
>>
>>951550

>things that never happened

I have never seen or heard of a tree bouncing off its branches and sitting upright again, whats more likely is the dumbass dropped a tree on himself.
>>
>>954443
The stump end can bounce around a lot, clearly you have never felled a tree. By all means stand directly behind and beside all future trees you supposedly cut.
>>
>>951535
YES! THAT'S ONE FOR THE TREES MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
(When we fall in the woods and no one hears, we don't me a sound. Watch your back.)
>>
>>954603
*make a sound.
>>
>>954604
Spelling was never my strong point. I'm leafing the the thread now.
>>
>>954211
how do you get a job as an arborist?

t. German 30yo neet, but reasonably fit and I like the idea of tree climbing very much (who doesnt?)
>>
>>954618
It's a huge plus if you have rock climbing experience.
To be a licensed tree surgeon here, you have to take a pretty thorough test at the state agricultural university. Too hard to wing it without study.
Otherwise, you'll have to start by working on the ground for a reputable tree service. Let them know before you are hired what you want too learn. If you show that you are a hard worker and have decent common sense and respect for saftey, they will defiantly train you. Where I am, good climbers are in high demand.

Be forewarned, it's one of the hardest, most dangerous jobs around. The rewards are pretty good though for a non degree job. Learn the whole bussiness. You won't find many monkeys doing it past 40.
>>
>>954618
Don't wing it. Here in the UK I did a three month course and that got me all the tickets to be a climber. However, it took roughly a year of ground work and company hopping till I was climbing regularly. I heard a rumour that German nationals weren't allowed to climb which is why a lot of German companies but English tree surgeons. A friend of mine worked in Germany for a while and speant so much time in a MEWP that he came home.

>>954637
I know it's an exception but our firm has two climbers >50. They are both still shit hot but are pretty bored of it by now.
>>
File: IINu_jG1.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IINu_jG1.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>954637
P.S. the birds, squirrels, and honeybees are not gonna be your friends when you invade their space.
>>
>>951666
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JosteAtfsHk
>>
>>954603
>>954604
>>954606
what
>>
>>954641
We had an old Santa Claus bearded, Vietnam Vet who did it into his 60s. Crazy MoFo, but knew his shit.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.