[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping in the rain sucks! All my clothes are wet, I go into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: vivi.png (522KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
vivi.png
522KB, 600x600px
Camping in the rain sucks! All my clothes are wet, I go into the sleeping bag wet. Pretty soon my book is waterlogged too even though I carry it in a waterproof bag. Even the tent floor is a little soaking. At night the water pools in le shit tarp and douses my setup periodically as well. No campfires either.

How do you guys make this livable? Over the duration of a 3+ day hike. How do I "get" rainstorm tier camping?
>>
>>951211
welcome to the club moherfucker, it SUCKS.

You could
A) get a better tent

B) pitch a better tarp in front of your tent

C) Sham-wows work wonders
https://www.amazon.com/Shamwow-made-in-Germany-Shamwows/dp/B00NUHHN5A

D) Don't go camping when it predicts rain and/or stop being a bitch.
>>
File: xl-rain-fly.jpg (165KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
xl-rain-fly.jpg
165KB, 900x600px
This is how I deal with it
>>
>>951219
This tents are always wet no matter if its raining or not.
>>
>>951211

Nice dubs, check my 3
>>
>>951211
Perfect reason to hammock, rain can't get all over your floor when you don't have a floor.

Why didn't you have a campfire? You not know how to prepare dry tinder?
>>
>>951211

I live in WA. We are used to the rain and wear proper rain protective gear. I'm also not a dumb ass unlike you.
>>
>>951211
>rain gear
>tarp(s)
>trenching
>>
>>951303
Seconding trenching, it's a small detail that makes all the difference
>>
>>951211
The Goddess is punishing you for gamergate. Suck it up.
>>
>>951264
What kind of proper rain protective gear? I pictured WA looking like Mad Max, desu.
>>
>>951264
>>951349
>this dense

Lel, you can tell I've been speaking to my own countrymen more than anon lately.
>>
>>951217
>A) get a better tent
This
>>
Oregon here, stop being pussies about the rain and being wet. Embrace the suck or BTFO.
>>
Get a Kamprite Tentcot. It's up off the ground. Then put one of these >>951219 over the entry area so you can take your wet clothes off before climbing inside.
>>
>>951357
>Oregon here, stop being pussies about the rain and being wet. Embrace the suck or BTFO.
Thid. Wellcome to being a man. :-)
>>
SC here, rain is just another day to us. You need to pay attention to ground slope and the direction your tent is facing too. The runoff can be almost invisible but it will pool up under your tent every time. But you should definitely check weather reports more often and pack accordingly if you're going to go /out/ ever.
>>
>No campfires either
get good, scrub
>>
>>951211
1. have a set of dry clothes to change in to before you sleep. the sleeping bag needs to stay dry no matter what.
2. get a better waterproof bag.
3. get a better tent floor, and learn to pitch it where the water won't pool. remember to leave plenty of ventilation, or else humidity from you and your wet gear will condense inside the tent.
4. tension the tarp properly so that water won't pool in it.
5. learn to make a fire in the rain, this is an outdoor basic.

also, bring an absorbent towel or sponge to wipe your self and your gear, including your clothes down before you sleep for the night. then your stuff is mostly dry, and you need to just wring out the towel/sponge
>>
>>951357
t. Portlander who loses his shit over an inch of snow
>>
File: IMG_3709.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3709.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>951211
pussy
>>
File: P1030055.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
P1030055.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>951211
Tarp over your tent. Umbrella. Works for me.
>>
File: IMG_2931.jpg (104KB, 734x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2931.jpg
104KB, 734x549px
>>951785
what the fuck is up with the turd
>>
>>951807
that's a hook
>>
File: IMG_2926.jpg (48KB, 900x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2926.jpg
48KB, 900x634px
>>951831
why is there a hook in the middle of a fucking tarp
>>
>>951219
Where I live, you'd probably die in that in a summer storm.
>>
File: IMG_0243.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0243.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>951712
lel
this guy has a point

t. portlander
>>
>>951835
to help hold the middle up in different configurations.
>>
>>951778
do you fuck each other in that tent too, fag?
>>
>>951231
>always wet

What shitty tent did you buy?
>>
>>951839
Maybe
The storms we have where I live aren't that intense unless you're on top of a mountain
>>
>>951875
Cant stop condensation. No amount of ventilation in a tent will stop it. Especially when you have a rain fly up. Have had tents by MSR, Walrus, Kelty & Eureka. All have ventilation/condensation issues.
>>
>>951712
Those are kalifornian immigrants.
>>
>>951995
Try not breathing in your tent, works wonders for the kids.
>>
im jsut a fucking savage and have stopped careing
>>
>>951866
what happens in country, stays in country
>>
>>951995
My Big Agnes Seedhouse dealt pretty good with condensation. I wore that tent out and moved on to a MSR Hubba NX. The condensation is crazy now, it builds up on the ceiling and rains down on me.
>>
>>951778
>Blue bungee cord
Are you in Airforce ?
>>
>>951211

> reeeee my pussy hurts this isnt fair
>>
>>951995
>Cant stop condensation. No amount of ventilation in a tent will stop it.
Some tents deal with it better than others, but I also use a sponge when it gets really bad.

Make sure your tent is taunt so that even when condensation is bad it slides down instead of raining.
>>
>>952444
Army: I just use aftermarket bungees
>>
>>953006
Thanks but ive switched to tarps!
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.