[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going camping in Illinois where there have apparently been sightings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

Going camping in Illinois where there have apparently been sightings of cougar passing through.

Any tips? They give me the heebie-jeebies.
>>
I have bear spray, a buck knife, and a hatchet btw.
>>
File: 1447986419517.gif (2MB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
1447986419517.gif
2MB, 300x164px
>>950654
Fucking Illinois inbred hicks and their stupid low IQ bullshit. There are no fucking cougars or panthers in Illinois. Fuck I'm glad I don't live their anymore.
>>
>>950659
kek. What part are you from?

And yeah, I've google, looked around hunting groups and such and there a plenty of people who have seen them. I know country folk exaggerate a lot but some of the stories seem legit.
>>
>>950654
goddammit is there supposed to be a lion in that pic somewhere? i can't find that shit
>dead in the wild
>>
File: yCdS1mv.jpg (117KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
yCdS1mv.jpg
117KB, 800x572px
>>950686
>anon, behind you!
>>
>>950659
This
OP is an idiot and a coward
Cougars are nothing to be afraid of
>>
So what are the stats from the DNR/A&F on cougars, bears and wolves in IL?

&
?

Death and injury more likely fron gang violence.
>>
>>950695
>all of IL is Chicago

what a moron
>>
>>950696
>IL has any cougars, bears or wolves

What a moroon.
>>
>>950691
>tfw mountain lions everywhere around where I live

Most predators won't fuck around with a full sized human because why put all that energy into fighting when you can just nab a baby deer or a small creature easily.

It does get a little freaky out there alone so I'm always constantly scanning and turning around to make sure I'm not being stalked by any kind of predators.
>>
>>950796
http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Illinois-is-Seeing-More-Black-Bear-Cougar-and-Wolf-Sightings-369602581.html
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/illinois-wilds-bobcats-wolves-bears-mountain-lions-urban-coyotes-armadillos/
http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/pets/ct-illinois-protected-species-talk-20140826-story.html
>>
If you come face to face with a cougar and you are out of options, try telling her she reminds you of your aunt.
This often makes them lose interest and they wander off.
That has worked for me a few times.
>>
>>950654
Mountain lions are all, and they're few and far between
>>
>>950654
Cougars generally don't attack people in the US, we're very high in cholesterol.

In all seriousness though, if you travel in a group, they don't feel that it's worth the effort.
>>
>>950874
You passed up on good pussy, why exactly?
>>
>>950654
Wear something that is solid and of an non-natural color, doesn't have to be neon or anything, like a blue T-shirt. Cats see colors better than shapes, a brownish blob might attract their curiosity but a blue blob is definitely not prey.

Keep your eyes up and moving. Look around, scan the treeline regularly, if you hear a noise stop and look directly at it. Cats are ambush hunters, if they think their cover is blown they're less likely to go for it.

If you stumble across on that isn't stalking you, say it's just sunning itself near the trail, don't run. Running triggers predator instinct. Stand your ground, wave your arms, make noise, convince it you're too much of a hassle to deal with.
>>
>>950656
A... Hatchet?
>>
>>950654
If you see one piss on it.
>>
>>950654
Always cougar sightings everywhere. The Man is just trying to keep you /out/ of the woods. Wildlife and Fisheries says my state has 3 cougars and 8 black bears. There has been ONE confirmed sighting by a hunter/camper. All the rest were raiding suburban homes, or stalking livestock. As for attacks on humans, it's one of those things that happens way, way less than getting struck by lighting. You're better off worrying about winning the lottery, bigfoot, and ufos.

That being said, I carry a .44mag when I go wandering around aimlessly in the woods. We have a lot more confirmed sightings of meth cooks around here than apex predators.
>>
>>950654
Bring a gun, if it shows you will have a new rug. Or, you will realize you are in Illinois and that was the only one if it was one for many miles.
>>
>>955207
>more confirmed sightings of meth cooks around here than apex predators
That's the only real reason to hike with a sidearm.

>winning the lottery, bigfoot, and ufos
Man, I would love to win a UFO.
>>
>>955502
I would take the 30-year payments of bigfoot

>>950654
Is that a head just to the lower left of that purple and orange wall?
>>
In North America, in the last 100 years, more people have been killed drowning in a giant flood of molasses than being killed by a mountain lion.

True fact.
>>
>>952852
>implying a cat will let you see them unless they want you to
>>
>>955507
>taking it over time
you're gonna be in the top cryptid tax bracket anyway, why take it over 30 years of small sightings that depreciate over time than solid proof you can hold in your hands right now?
>>
>>955507
I hope he stick his bigfoot dick up your ass
>>
This thread has made me want two things in my life that I never knew I wanted before.

>A giant flood of molasses
>And a Bigfoot/UFO lottery
>>
>>952924
it's a small axe, op is probably using for splitting wood.
>>
>cougars
>in illinois
Seduce & give them the D
>>
>>955701
Why do those both sound like skits from Mr. Show with Bob & David?
>>
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2015/12/22/lottery-fixing-trial-prosecutor-wants-bigfoot-kept-out/77766216/
>>
https://newboudoir.wordpress.com/tag/ufo-lottery/
>>
OP here. Stop bumping this, morans.
>>
>>956844
How do we know you're who you say you are? I'm not leaving without a fuckin Bigfoot ticket.
>>
>>950659
There have been some passing through. Don't know if they stayed, but there have been a few sightings in southern Illinois. At least one was around Iroquois County.
>>
>>950659
>"their nothing to be afraid of"
>THEY'RE nothing to be afraid of.

I see the Illinois education standards are at an all time high.
>>
File: 59554141.jpg (139KB, 540x602px) Image search: [Google]
59554141.jpg
139KB, 540x602px
>>955572
Total deaths by Cougar in North America since 1910 :20

Total deaths in North America by drowning in a giant flood of molasses: 21
>>
>>950687
What's that white thing above the cougar?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.