[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>researching how to be profitable with a homestead >only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: large.jpg (21KB, 494x484px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
21KB, 494x484px
>researching how to be profitable with a homestead
>only profitable homesteads are ones selling books/courses on how to have a profitable homestead

How do I pay my property tax for my homestead... with my homestead?
>>
try to grow something that is expensive in the store that you can grow cheap enough, and try to sell to individuals you know and maybe even some restaurants or nursing homes.
>>
>>950616
How much is your property tax ffs?
>>
>>950616
Get a job.
>>
>>950616
>homestead
>profitable

Homesteads are not intended to be money makers. They are at best subsistence farms and usually not even that 100%.

Also, "profit" implies you are making more money than you are spending on the homestead annually. Breaking even is just subsistence; you are only gaining enough to pay for spending, including your own food.

A farm business that sells crops and items is what you need, not a homestead.

Dumb frogposter.
>>
I think your best bet would be to try and raise some sort of animal to sell. Rabbits, chickens, goats, cattle, whatever...but you need to get certified as "organic" and you can sell to people who are into completely natural food. These people are not price sensitive so that you can sell for much more than the price at the store.

This way, perhaps you can make enough to come out a bit ahead. Small farms and ranches have little chance of breaking even with some sort of gimmick.
>>
Sell drugs on the darknet.
>>
Start a youtube channel on your shit. There is a following for homesteaders and if you make interesting enough content you could make money doing that.
>>
>>950616
Congrats OP. You found the holy secret to making money. Tell other people how to make money.
>>
File: home.jpg (74KB, 569x597px) Image search: [Google]
home.jpg
74KB, 569x597px
>>950616
3 words moonshine and weed
>>
Underground child sex ring.
>>
>>950616
Step 1.
Learn carpentry, welding, fabrication with basic hand tools and electric.
Step 2. Homestead.
Step 3. Set up shop, make and sell custom cabinets, tables, and do custom work.
Step 4:?????
Step 5: Profit.
>>
>>950616
You don't need profit if nobody can find your homestead
>>
>>950647
Thats pretty much the whole idea behind kale.
>>
>>950647
I was thinking certain types of mushrooms... but I have no idea if roadside people, let alone stores, will buy it regularly.

>>950662
It's in a weird fluctuation at the moment, but 3k a month.

>>950768
I'd settle for surviving, rather than thriving.

>>950776
Certificates worry me, but i'll definitely look into it. It gets really cold here, so I would want smaller animals that are easier to house/warm.

>>950846
Three letters: F B I.

>>950852
I do have a welder... arts/crafts might get me a few bucks... it'll have to be really rustic furniture, I mean really rustic.
>>
File: 1391144396292.jpg (9KB, 171x211px) Image search: [Google]
1391144396292.jpg
9KB, 171x211px
>>951358
>but 3k a month
Property taxes don't fluctuate monthly, annually yes.

How the fuck can you possibly be paying $3,000 per month in property taxes? That doesn't even compute. That only makes sense to me if you owned thousands of acres in Manhattan and San Francisco.
>>
File: 1330200805245.jpg (27KB, 390x344px) Image search: [Google]
1330200805245.jpg
27KB, 390x344px
>>951358
>a month.
>>
3000 a month in property taxes?!? Please tell me thats not USD. My house payment isn't even 3k a month.
>>
>$3k/month

Move out of Jew York you cuck
>>
>>951358
>It's in a weird fluctuation at the moment, but 3k a month.

tfw my 80+ acre property with 3 houses is less than that per YEAR
>>
>>951364
I've read that people are starting to buy real estate here...
And it may be 1k this month.
>>951493
Hence the thread.
>>951584
No. But it's almost exact conversion wise.
>>951608
Imagine privately owning central park. Forget worrying about wolves or cougars. You'd have to worry about stalking gangs and murderers at night.
>>951621
Nice. What's the land like?
No house yet. But it had been zoned and broken up for a small neighborhood of about 50 homes earlier.
>>
>>950647
Exactly, grow weed
>>
>>952679
what 3rd world nation do you live in where property tax is collected monthly?
>>
Get the Paul Stamets guides to growing mushrooms and apply the knowledge to growing cannabis and vegetables. Cannabis can always sell wholesale, and depending on the strain of fungus you choose to grow, your pocketbook might be sitting pretty
>>
>>952815
Sell the excess veggies and fruit at the local farmer's market and can the rest to last you through the winter
>>
File: 1487057054053.jpg (45KB, 494x484px) Image search: [Google]
1487057054053.jpg
45KB, 494x484px
>>950616

>Buttfrog.
>>
>>952679
Bruh where the fuck do you live?
Are you trying to make a penthouse farm in NYC?
>>
>>950616
Honey is always going to be fairly profitable because of how poorly it scales industrially, especially with honeybees dying out.

Any sort of meme goods that is popular enough to have buzz but obscure enough to be industrially available is also a good choice.

Follow Organic, Health, and ect "foodie blogs" and grow whatever women are clucking over that year. Women are herd animals and their trends are far-reaching as word spread. Making money is half about knowing what people want. Take advantage of lax road-side and farmer's market selling regulations and use shit like craigslist and kikebook to network.
>>
A few of my family did this, it might work for you depending on your property size.

They went to a bulk market and bought a fuckton of saplings, then planted them. I forget who they got in touch with, but moral of the story is they got massive tax breaks on their property for growing trees "with the intent to sell the lumber."
>>
>>950647
look into permaculture, when in doubt grow garlic
>>
>>950785
+1.

DMT is easy to make.

>>950850
This is cool too. If anything, just make the videos. Nobody will know what you really do on that 40 acres. DMT and child sex slaves.
>>
File: IMG_2573.gif (103KB, 389x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2573.gif
103KB, 389x484px
>>950852
This is actually a good idea too. There used to be this place that was like a home goods and craft flea market but less sketchy than most up in IL and some dude from Alabama or some shit would make a lot of really nice oak furniture. Bought my dining room table off him and some random shelving units and a bunch of chairs. The stuff is all super nice and cost less than you would spend on anything at a big furniture that came anywhere close in qualirt just because there is so much BS cut out of the middle and no salesman working on commission etc.

>>951035
Organic kale and wheatgrass. Make bullshit juice that sells for $8 a pint. And the """special""" juice that sells for $30 a pint.
>>
>>954840
>when in doubt grow garlic
Fucking this

learn how to make black garlic
basically you just cook cloves of garlic at like 85 celsius for 48 hours.
The end result is a product you can sell to restaurants in the city for an absolute fuck tonne.
>>954843
worked for Micheal Jackson, didn't it?
>>
>>954872
i work on a permaculture, we have like 5-10 types of fruit, 10-15 types of veg, nuts, herbs, but garlic is such a huge and easy crop with great profit margins and low maintanance. walnuts are good too once they start producing.

i also used to work for a flower shop, and idk if you know this but you can go into the woods and literally bring back "nature" and sell it to an urban flower shop for big bucks, lichen covered sticks, curly willow, in the winter you can harvest holly and make a few extra thousand dollars by selling urban people rural nature.
>>
>>951358
Mushrooms can be pretty profitable, but different ones require different media to grow on. You'd need to do quite a bit of research on each individual type you want to grow. Still, at $20-$40 /lb for the good stuff, when all you really have to do is keep the medium at an appropriate temperature and humidity, you could probably make a living off of that.
>>
Possibilities suggested so far:

Grow:
Garlic
Mushrooms
Saplings, decorative
Saplings, lumber
Walnuts

Raise:
Cattle, Chickens, Goats, Rabbits

Manufacture:
Wood crafts from own lumber
Moonshine (sounds illegal, but not sure)

Have to research which would be the most profitable, and easiest to sell. And maybe do that in bulk. 10acres of saplings, or 10acres of chicken paddocks...

I definitely want to start some sort of blog or video series and go into as much detail as possible on making money on a homestead. "Here's what you can grow in this environment, here is how you grow it, this is the likelihood of selling it and this price, etc." I want it to be more informative instead of vanity "Look at this, senpai!"

>>950821
>>950785
>>950850

Sell drugs to pedophiles on youtube. Check.
>>
>>955361
What state do you live in?
>>
>>955890
lol i live canada (BC) please no bully
>>
>>956211 get
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.