[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.fieldandstream.com/chica go-coyotes-trapped-reloc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 6863026255_9cc927d699_o.jpg (212KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
6863026255_9cc927d699_o.jpg
212KB, 1000x800px
http://www.fieldandstream.com/chicago-coyotes-trapped-relocated-after-locals-allow-pets-to-play-with-them?src=SOC&dom=fb

Honest question: if a coyote harrasses and attacks my dog, or myself, am I permitted by law to defend my pet and I? Can I shoot and kill said coyote? Assume that we are out of furbearer/predator season, and in a rather suburban/lightly urban setting.
>>
>>950505
Self-defense is always a valid reason. Coyotes are usually categorized as varmints, anyway.
>>
>>950505
>discharge a firearm within city limits
>less tha 1/4mile from an inhabited stricture

Lucy, you got some splainin to do.
>>
>>950505
As far as I'm concerned, my dogs are a part of my family; I'd shoot a person if it was attacking my dog.

>>950512
That law only applies if there wasn't just cause, otherwise every cop in town would be in jail.
>>
File: IMG_0689.jpg (1MB, 4032x2177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0689.jpg
1MB, 4032x2177px
>>950505
Yeah if you are in Chicago, this would be your issue >>950512

Seriously tho where the fuck do those things even live? You hear em at night, like dozens of them, and there aren't any real forested areas. When we were seeing them in my neighborhood I would keep the Gamo around because I have a little shithead doge. You get a little more room with the air rifles in city limits but the laws are still sketchy.

If anon can bodyslam a wolf, you can mace a coyote.
>>
>>950512
>it was coming right for me!
>it was snarling and lunged at Spot! I didn't know what to do!
>>
>>950519
Wait anon bodyslammed a wolf? Story time
>>
>>950523
Please don't (You) the masochistic attention-whore. It just makes it keep coming back.

Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_2470.jpg (220KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2470.jpg
220KB, 2000x1500px
>>950523
Anon also took a shit in the river. Unfortunately they have passed and all we have are historic patches.
>>
>>950505
Ranchers and farmers are allowed to shoot coyotes wolves and your neighbors dog if they are harassing livestock or damaging your property. This probably varies state to state. But it is law in most western states.
Your biggest problem would be discharging a firearm within city limits or in the county if there is a ban on discharging a firearm.
>>
They've become a problem in my neighborhood and I want to deal with them
Was planning on trapping them but my states trapping laws are incredibly vague and unclear about a whole number of things

Might do it anyways
>>
>>950528
I would guess that the definition of 'rural' is loose enough that you could get away with claiming it was preemtive to potential loss of property and get around the discharging a firearm bullshit.
>>
>>950505

Around here we just shoot em and leave em to rot. And yes, if a coyote is fucking with your dog no one will give you shit if you shoot it unless your an idiot who shoots with something behind the coyote.
>>
>>950518
That's true, keep your mutts, illegitimate kids and pet illegal aliens on a leash and the cops won't have to shoot them.
>>
>>950518
>assuming laws apply to cops

How quaint.
>>
I live in a fairly large city, we have tons of urban coyotes, you are not allowed to shoot them within city limits. Reasoning is you're endangering other people by doing so, most of them get trapped by animal control
>>
>>950505
>http://www.fieldandstream.com/chicago-coyotes-trapped-relocated-after-locals-allow-pets-to-play-with-them?src=SOC&dom=fb
be a regular american and walk up to it with a big dumb grin. maybe it'll kill you instead.
>>
>>950505
OP,
Let me introduce you to the Three Ses
#1. Shoot
#2 Shovel
#3. Shut Up
>>
>>950505
My liberal faggot uncle has shot 2 coyotes inside austin city limits.

Yes you can shoot coyotes.

If you are white youcan do just aabout anything. The most powerful men in the world rape 13 year olds and no one cares.
>>
>>950505
Tl;dr: varies by state and municipality. In mine, you cannot discharge any gun but a shotgun and only in self defense but dogs don't count for some reason. Everyone has at least a goat or chickens because defending livestock does. Again, that's my local law. In Commiefornia, you cannot have a gun even unloaded in any public area so you're basically limited to hunting areas and private property for this.
>>
>>953153
>see you shoot
>call cops
>watch you get arrested.

My three ses
>>
>>950505
coyotes are my spirit animal so wouldnt kill one unless it was really going after my dog. like really really (if it was rabid)... but if you relapse coyote with fisher cat that fucker is going down.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.