[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point to bringing one of these for /out/ activities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: JadH7Jf.png (120KB, 447x347px) Image search: [Google]
JadH7Jf.png
120KB, 447x347px
Is there any point to bringing one of these for /out/ activities? I can't think of a situation in which it would be useful.
>>
>>950423
I feel like you would be much less likely to lose a finger if you just brought a hacksaw blade and made whatever contraption from that.
>>
The Canadian army actually had one during ww1 and they were despised by the troops. Better than nothing but they still suck
>>
>>950423
I've used something similar, it worked okay but an ax would be far more useful.
>>
>>950423
My understanding is that they're worth the weight increase compared to 'wire' saws, but the only good way to use them is putting them in a frame, kinda like a bow saw. I believe it has to do with the amount of surface area and increased friction when it's wrapped around a branch. I was planning on picking some up next month, if you want to wait to hear back about it.
>>
File: ea93_pocket_chainsaw.jpg (53KB, 600x552px) Image search: [Google]
ea93_pocket_chainsaw.jpg
53KB, 600x552px
>>950423
They aren't bad. They pack smaller than a sven saw and work way better than one of those shitty wire saws. I carry one mountain biking for clearing deadfall across the trail.

Mine doesn't have the plastic handles, just rings you put sticks through. Fits in a metal tin.

>>950426
You really are an idiot.

Really.
>>
>>950442
Yeah, I would definitely lose a finger with that thing.
>>
>>950442
>I carry one mountain biking for clearing deadfall across the trail.
So do I. I'd go further than saying they aren't that bad, I think they are great. I was actually pretty floored the first time I used it.
>>
>>950423
Mine has web loop handles not dragon dildo teebones.

These are hreat! For over exerting your traps and tris, mostly traps.

Mine came with a nice belt loop pouch so I put in on my /out/ Bat Utility Belt.

I might post a pic, later...
>>
>>950423
I dont think I have ever been a wooded area where I wasnt able to get enough firewood just by picking it up off the ground. These saws are completely useless.
>>
>>950502

I cut timber all the time, but being /out/ for me means going to a 30 acre patch of woods my dad owns and building shit. That said, if you are planning on cutting wood, you may as well take on a little extra weight and get a proper saw.
>>
>>950448
Fair enough, I posted in haste. I would say the cutting performance is not bad, and surprisingly good for a literal pocket saw. The compactness and design are great, and over all they're pretty good. For my needs it's one of the best /out/ purchases I made. Mine's about 15 years old so they're apparently durable enough too.

If I had a lot of wood to cut and room to carry one, a Sven Saw or proper bow saw would be better, but I don't think you could find a better saw that fits in an altoids tin with room to spare.
>>
>>950423
Absolute meme tier.
A small hatchet does the same job and doubles as an anti-bear apparatus. This means i can lose the weight of bear spray AND a 50 cal all the while chopping & splitting wood
>>
>>950595
>using .50 cal when 9mm penetrators do a better job
>>
>>950595
>small hatchet as an anti-bear apparatus
Somebody's played too much Ark. Real life doesn't work that way, broken bones take more than thirty seconds to heal.
>>
>>950423
>>950442
these work okay, and are only good if you are going canoying and dont want to cary extra shit
>>
File: BATONNY.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
BATONNY.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>950423
WHUT ABOUT BATONNY CHOP CHOP? I WANNA CHOPPY CHOP CHOP WIF MUH KNIFE.
>>
File: BdbiAzYCYAAl_KA.jpg (48KB, 598x398px) Image search: [Google]
BdbiAzYCYAAl_KA.jpg
48KB, 598x398px
>>951407
fuck i lost
>>
>>950423

Well, yeah. How else you suppose to Garotte trees?
>>
>>950423

I like a wire-saw. Can't see how that's worth the extra bulk.
>>
>>951649
It actually works, and It doesn't break on the first use.
>>
>>950423
they suck to use on anything bigger than a few inches in diameter - basically if this works you could have just stomped on the stick to break it
>>
File: DSCF1162-2012-07-10.jpg (270KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1162-2012-07-10.jpg
270KB, 900x675px
>>951684
Utter bullshit.
>>
>>951683

Neither does a wire-saw if you don't treat it like shit.
>>
File: Chainmate-Pocket-Chainsaw[1].jpg (102KB, 740x407px) Image search: [Google]
Chainmate-Pocket-Chainsaw[1].jpg
102KB, 740x407px
I have pic related and use it all the time to cut burls from the trees in the park. It allows me to work around the knots better
>>
>>950423
That's a strange looking cock ring
>>
>>951407
>>951412
>Fucking samefagging bitch ruining every thread with is faggot baton speak
Kill youself asshole
>>
>>950423
garrotes arent that useful innawoods, animals have stronger neck muscles than you might think
>>
>>951704
Having used both, I can confidently say you're wire saw a shit.
>>
>>952029
Yeah but it makes a hell of a garrotte
>>
>>952032
Meh If garotting is what you're into the pocket chainsaw lets you take it up to near-cartel levels.
>>
>>951997

seconded
>>
>>951686
>you couldn't have moved that branch off the trail in literally 1/100th the time it took to cut it
>>
>>951794
>Burl poaching
Apply kill to self
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.