[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I am going to the Smoky mountains real soon what are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

Hey guys I am going to the Smoky mountains real soon what are the destinations in and around the park i should not miss.
>>
>>949706
Do the longer trails. The short ones are overrun with fatties and are essentially paved
>>
didn't a lot of it burn down a few months ago?
>>
File: durr.jpg (32KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
durr.jpg
32KB, 500x371px
>>950132
obviously that's why it's the great SMOKY mountains np.
>>
Hit up a few of the 47 cracker barrels you will pass when you get off the interstate
>>
File: CAM01501.jpg (462KB, 1888x416px) Image search: [Google]
CAM01501.jpg
462KB, 1888x416px
>>949706
Took the family out there last summer (before the huge fire) and had a great time. We stayed at a cabin in Gatlinburg. We had our dog with us, so we were limited to what trails we could hike.

Cade's Cove is pretty neat but extremely busy. The Roaring Fork Motor Loop was awesome and way less crowded. Newfound Gap and Clingman's Dome are absolute must-see's (the AT crosses both these spots).

You should definitely check the GSMNP site for trail closures due to that fire (and/or weather when you go).

https://www.nps.gov/grsm/index.htm

Have fun!
>>
>>949706
this
>>950222
cracker barrel is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

hit Cade's cove before sunrise, be the first one there at like maybe 5am, gates open at sunrise, pray for fog otherwise the whole thing is kinda bust.

the NC visitor center is very nice. check out the the dome in the afternoon, see that pass in the afternoon, do the chimney tops early in the morning. there are plenty of trails to do.

http://www.hikinginthesmokys.com/feature.htm
>>
File: DSC04877-cades cove morning-M.jpg (70KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04877-cades cove morning-M.jpg
70KB, 600x400px
>>950361
cade's cove in the morning.
>>
File: Cades-Cove-Bike-Ride.jpg (81KB, 640x250px) Image search: [Google]
Cades-Cove-Bike-Ride.jpg
81KB, 640x250px
>>950366
cade's cove midday
>>
File: clusters.jpg (198KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
clusters.jpg
198KB, 1280x853px
>>949706
You gun git clustered m8.
>>
>>950824
what do the colors mean?
>>
Dollywood
Lodge ironworks factory store
Ripley Believe it or Don't museum.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.