[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here worked on a farm before? What were your experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: grain.jpg (56KB, 537x350px) Image search: [Google]
grain.jpg
56KB, 537x350px
Has anyone here worked on a farm before? What were your experiences like?

A few small farms near me are offering internships and it sounds nice to do physical work outdoors instead of wagecucking at a gas station
>>
>>948735
see
>>944669
>>
>>948735
Yes.

Protip, western US cattle feed lot hard, good food.

>i was lucky to include that in my development
>>
>>948735
I always wanted to do one of those organic farm programs abroad
>>
Come shovel cow shit all day son
>>
>>948735
Well I live on one but it's not my family's main source of income. I don't know what to say, it's work but it provides us with food, the means to warm the house in the winter and some smaller profit on the side.
>>
>>948735
>Has anyone here worked on a farm before?

Yes raide cattle farming

What were your experiences like?
Very tough. Not sure people who were not raised with it could cope really. Glad not to have to work like that anymore, horrible especially in winter but even in the summer thick clouds of flies
>>
>>948735
>farmhand
>internship
that's a creative way to get kids excited about working over the summer.
>>
>>948735
I live on a sweetcorn farm.
Just fucking husk corn and cut your fingers to shit all day son.
>>
>>948735
If it's a typical fudd farm where they don't care for anything then you're gonna have lots of fun.
>>
How easy is it to get alone time with animals if you work or internship on a farm? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>948735
I grew up in an organic farm:
- Great food / environnement

-Very little money
-Late retirement with a broken body
-Loneliness and remote life hard to find wife, for your kids to meet friends, access cultural facilities and long drives to school
>>
>>950123
>How easy is it to get alone time with animals if you work or internship on a farm? Asking for a friend.

If you are foddering and bringing cattle to water in winter your friend wont care much for such bullshit thinking after a few days
>>
>>948735

Yes, it's hot hard work but I enjoy it. Pay is shit, hours are shit, most of the people you work with is shit (at least the ones who come out for two weeks then split when they get their first paycheck). Once you get past that you will love it, and every job you have for the rest of your life will suck in comparison.

You have to be able to accept that no job will ever be done completely, and enjoy working with your hands, but unlike most jobs you actually get to see the progress of your work at the end of the day and there is something satisfying about that.
>>
File: IMG_8326.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8326.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>949059
i did that in Switzerland
location was amazing, work was not hard and enjoyable
only downside was the mother of the family was a cunt, dad was cool tho
pic related
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.