[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was hiking with some friends up a tiny mountain on the NC border

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

I was hiking with some friends up a tiny mountain on the NC border the other day and I saw a guy walk by with one of these fuckers hung under each arm.

Not sure if hipster or what, but I can't imagine they make the water taste very good.
>>
my girlfriend got me one of those

I remember seeing them at sports authority and from what I've experienced and can tell you, for the tiny amount of water that they carry, you'd be much better off with a Nalgene or even a Smartwater bottle. both of which would be much more convenient to carry.

hipster meme garbage.
>>
File: 1478467381883.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478467381883.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>947211
Are you retarded? Those were pouches of black powder for his flintlock rifle. Probably cosplaying Louis &clark or some shit. The man is clearly more /out/ than you OP
>>
Who the fuck puts water inna Botta Bag?

>mfw standard issue from '60-'70's is now hipster
>>
>>947228
This
They're for drinking wine at festivals and concerts
The modern ones have plastic liners
>>
>>947211
>but I can't imagine they make the water taste very good.

Modern ones are just a plastic water pouch covered with imitation leather.
So yeah, hipster.
>>
>>947221
you illiterate cunt those are water bags
>>
>>947211
I remember those from Boy Scouts in the 80's. Maybe decent for wine?
>>
File: 1486324986684s.jpg (754B, 13x10px) Image search: [Google]
1486324986684s.jpg
754B, 13x10px
>>947233
>>947275
>mfw i use the inside plastic bladder of cheap boxed wine to store my water
That shit i as tough as fuck and double walled
>>
>>947345
>inside plastic bladder of cheap boxed wine to store my water

Used?
Why not get them new? (as in a bag that hasn't had anything in it other than air)

But yeah, strangely sturdy. (the ones I have have a mylar outer layer and a clear plastic inside layer, less than 0.5€ each)
But opening and closing to fill up is kinda bothersome.
>>
>>947211
>Either getting the carcinogenic tanning material from drinking from shitty leather
>Or getting bpa poison from plastic lining

Wew
>>
>>947373
>new
And miss out on getting piss drunk on cheapo wine? No thanks
>>
>>947214

I think you're better off saying "just store water in your ass, squirts it into a cup when needed...it is still much better than buy this pos"
>>
bota bags are great, fuck everyone who says otherwise. They're not hipster and have stopped being made over here

the only downside is the straps will break, so make a new one
>>
File: 733955.jpg (23KB, 378x440px) Image search: [Google]
733955.jpg
23KB, 378x440px
I suggest everyone get themselves one of these. MSR Dromlite water bladder.
-Doesn't take up any more space than you need it to
-Tough -- I drop mine off cliffs all the time
-You can stash your pack and sling this over your shoulder; a water bottle you'd have to carry in your hand.
Not cheap, though.
>>
>>947211
I remember my dad had one of these, I think he used it for tequila lol
>>
>>947559

Dromlites are nice but not perfect:

>The "wide" mouth is not wide enough for the plastic bottle adapter that comes with some Katadyn water filters
>The 3-in-1 cap is a potential point of failure
>>
>>947856
why are you laughing? Is it really that funny?
>>
>>947211
I have that exact one. buddy got it for me at a thrift shop.

only used it as a wine bag on trips or at concerts.
>>
>>947233
>>947275
>>947856
>>947876
What makes these better for transporting liquor than any other form of liquid container?
>>
I want to be a hipster faggot and drink wine from one. Where do you get a legit one?
>>
>>947211
I got one of those fromantic a thrift store for 2 bucks. Works well and hold water. I probably won't ever use it for actual hiking, but it's near nonetheless.
>>
>>947211
For wine not water.
>>
>>948133
What makes it good for wine?
>>
>>948483
>tradition

Nothing else.
>>
>>947904
Oper carry and glass can be outright taken from you depending on where you are
>>
>>950651
Ah; so it's basically just a more fashionable and socially accepted form of covering your whiskey bottle with a paper bag while drinking in public?
>>
>stop liking what I don't like
the post
>>
>>947214

>how water has been carried for centuries around the world and still to this day in some places

>hipster meme garbage

>muh Nalgene

fucking kill yourself
>>
>>947211
Someone gave me a Bota bag for Christmas. I don't drink much, much less in public, so I didn't have much use for mine. It's light weight I guess. But it doesn't hold much water, and when it's full it's kind of weird to carry. It will also sweat/leak by the top. The mouth piece is sort of cork screwed so you shouldn't put your mouth directly on it. It also needs to be washed regularly or it will collect gunk. The water doesn't taste weird until you get to the last couple mouth fulls, then it tastes like plastic because of the liner.

I did find a niche use for mine. I work with animals, so when I go outside I put the pouch under a sweater or coat, sometimes along my back, so the dog doesn't try to play with it like they do with water bottles and thermoses. Out of sight out of mind. Then if I get thirsty I unzip quick and spin it around to drink.
>>
>>951205
>>hipster meme garbage
it absolutely is
>>
the benefits to this design is that it is isulated and flexible

this allows it to be more rugged if it it falls and also if you land on it while climbing

it also is more convienent to pack with alot of stuff because it can be molded between

certain things are better for certain circumstances

just because you dont agree doesnt mean you have to banish it

my dad (veteran) always brought one around with whiskey (for antiseptic and also for numbing or just a couple sips)

or to make a torch accelerant
>>
>>947904
by design they absorb energy
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.