[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /out/, my girlfriend has started a new job that involves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

So, /out/, my girlfriend has started a new job that involves remote field work from helicopters for anywhere up to 10 days at a time and she has to take her own food. Do any of you have some high energy density recipes you use on hunting/camping trips to keep you going throughout the day. There is a complication: she is vegetarian. Yeah I know, what reason does a chick that takes blood and tissue samples from animals they just shot have being vegetarian. Just help a brother out; I'm trying to be a supportive boyfriend. Doesn't matter if it is a little bulky because they tend to fly from a base camp out in the scrub, but she needs things she can throw in a small pack for the trips each day/overnight.

While I went camping in my youth, I haven't been in at least 15 years so have no idea what to suggest to her food-wise. That is why I need your help. Ideally it would be something easy to make in bulk that will keep unrefrigerated in basically tropical conditions for up to a week.

Of course, feel free to include non-veg stuff for the sake of some good content. At least I'll enjoy eating when I finally go camping again at the end of this month.
>>
File: 1441141423082.gif (3MB, 359x200px) Image search: [Google]
1441141423082.gif
3MB, 359x200px
>>946609
>My girlfriend's food
>>
>>946609
Don't worry. Chad and jamal will keep her well fed.
>>
>>946609
Pemmican. It's nutritionally complete, shelf-stable, and is made of a few easily a obtainable ingredients.

>ground jerky - protein, low fat content is ideal for long-term storage.
>rendered suet - calories, fatty acids, and doesn't rot or spoil making it ideal for long-term storage.
>dried berries - vitamins, minerals, and sweetener.

Mix it all together in a big bowl, flatten it out in a pan, and cut candy-bar sized slices. Each candy-bar slice is nutritionally sufficient for one adult human for one day. By smothering your dried ingredients in the rendered suet you are sealing them in a coat of rot-proof, spoil-proof, and calorie-dense medium.
>>
Ezekiel bread with coconut oil or and nut butters.

Dried Mango and trail mix with odd stuff from trader joes like Inchi seeds giant corn pumpkin seeds pine nuts pistachios walnut.

Vegan protein powder and almond milk.

Instant coconut powdered packets.

Candy, but sugar sucks for your mouth health so Stevia gum. Go Raw! Sprouted bars. Mama Chia packets.
>>
>>946609
What the fuck job does your gf have? I want it.
>>
File: IMG_1399.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1399.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>946609
Cheese sticks and a few packs of magnum-sized condoms.
>>
>>946609
Look into dehydrating your own food, then package airtight. You can make a bigass meal, dehydrate it entirely, split and package, and have tasty homemade fare while /out/.
>>
>>946646
Oh, and, as a vegetarian myself, if it's just for hiking all day, I eat nuts of all kinds, dried fruits, trail mix and chocolate. Keeps you going all day.
>>
>>946614
More like Chief runs with Buffalo
>>
>>946659
I kekd
>>
Logan bread
>>
>>946609
Logan bread my dude!
>>
>>946781
>>946783
hive mind
>>
File: vac-pak.jpg (29KB, 609x913px) Image search: [Google]
vac-pak.jpg
29KB, 609x913px
>>946609
Does she have time to prep meals or is this an 'eat on the go' situation?

>>946617
Peanut butter is basically the vegetarian equivalent to pemmican. Alternate some other nut butters such as almond butter and Nutella to help alleviate the monotony.

>>946646
If there'll be time to prep food, this is a pretty awesome way to go. You can make vegetarian pasta dishes (without oil!) and dehydrate them, then add a bit of oil when rehydrating it. If you have a vacuum sealer, making your own oil packets and sealing whole meals together gets pretty easy. I even vac-seal things like a spare lighter and jute so if my gear gets soaked I can still start a fire.
>>
>>946609
1 cup walnuts
1 cup almonds
1 cup dried cranberries
1 lemon
3 cups whole dates

Grind nuts.
Mince and mash dates.
Juice lemon.
Combine the above with the cranberries.
Spread evenly over greased baking tray.
Bake at 280 degrees until lightly browned.
Cool then cut into bars.
>>
>>946624
Answer this OP
>>
>>946815
This sounds pretty awesome. I'm going to try this.
>>
>>946824
They are super awesome. Depending on your tastes you may want to go for four cups of dates. Play with it a bit and you will find a mix you like. I powder the walnuts pretty good and just lightly grind the almonds. One acts as a binder and the other as texture.
>>
>>946832
About how long is 'until lightly browned'?
>>
>>946850
Depends on your oven, whether you preheat or not, and bar thickness, but around 20 minutes.
>>
Hi all

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I'll certainly try some of these, and the dehydrating suggestion is a good one.

>>946624
She works in animal disease surveillance.

Lets keep the suggestions rolling in.
>>
>>946872
Thanks!

>>946883
>dehydrating suggestion
Nothing reminds a girl that you care better than a hot meal that you made just for her. What are some of her favorite dishes? I can probably come up with comparable recipes for you.
>>
>>946812
>Peanut butter is basically the vegetarian equivalent to pemmican.
In what way? It's a great source of protein and fatty acids, and some peanut butters brag about their calcium content - but it's hardly nutritionally complete. And sure it keeps for a long time, but it's not shelf-stable. Really all PB has on Pemmican is that it's one ingredient - peanuts, but any PB you buy from the store lists much more than just peanuts on it's ingredients label.
>>
>>947002
Being high fat and calorie dense are all that really matters in this case. It's not like we're talking about needing a nutrient balanced food for the long months when we might not find a bison for weeks at a time.
>>
>>947007
>I'm OK with putting crap in my body
K
>>
>>947024
>Peanut butter is unhealty
K
Idiot
>>
>>946609
>supportive boyfriend.
Send condoms with her, he will need them.
>>
Bjy my cousins crap. I have no idea what the name is, but it is pemmican "made" in austin.

Really gorp from krogers is nusy as good, but eventually you are liked "fuck. I want drjed berries and ssuet"
>>
>>947031
I know you guys are just kidding around but there is no way in fucking hell I would let my gf fly off on overnights with a bunch of helicopter pilots.
I was in the air force, most of these guys will be ex military but outdoorsy and sensitive now... anons gf will be fucking putty.
Wet fucking panties the whole fucking time.
What a nightmare.
>>
>>947062
OP returning after work.

Yeah the guy was a outback pilot before his current job and has 70% burns and no ears after he crashed into a tree. Honestly not worried.

>>946960
If you could somehow dehydrate hashbrowns and wine then she'll love me/you forever. She likes a good hot mushroom curry. If you can come up with something like that I'll be amazed.
>>
>>947201
Curry might work if you dehydrate the vegetables, then bring curry paste and coconut oil/fat.
>>
Bumping for any last suggestions and then I'll let my thread die.
>>
>>947255
You don't know what food is OP.

Seaweed is food. Sprouted bread is food. Coconut manna is food.

Cooked food is shit. Cooked 'vegan' bars are candy not food.
>>
dehydrated split pea and black bean soups
>>
>>947255
At least get your GF a gopro so she can record the cucking for you to masturbate to after the relationship ends
>>
>>947491
Invest in a good memory card
>>
>>946609
>vegetarian
Dump her and find a real woman.
>>
>>946815
>>946783
>>946617

So I don't like currants, cranberries, raisins, dates, dried cherries or blueberries, etc. What else can I replace it with for nutritional completeness?
>>
>>948985
Pemmican guy here.

You could replace the dried berries with vitamin powder but that would mean you'd have to prepare your Pemmican prior to going /out/ instead of being able to make it /out/ in the field.

https://www.amazon.com/All-One-Multiple-Vitamins-2-2-Pound/dp/B000GAP9FK?th=1
>>
>>946614
>implying chad or jamal would work a job like this

nigga please, it'll be ryan and jacob double teaming her
>>
>>949300
>DVP is so gay

Just sayin.
>>
Your girlfriend is going to fuck her pilot eventually.

Also, this channel has tons of good options for foods you're looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL567A0227C741A096
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_vLuMobHCI&list=PL4e4wpjna1vycgHEdvtL1EbomFwjqRk7G&index=2
>>
>>951346
I love this guy. Cool recipes, well explained, the way he tries to sell his stuff is nice without being too forced.
>>
>>951346
>Your girlfriend is going to fuck her pilot eventually.
So plainly true :(
>>
>>951346
>The Meetis people
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.