[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fellas, i'm new here so forgive me if it gets asked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: wildlife-mistakes.jpg (77KB, 570x316px) Image search: [Google]
wildlife-mistakes.jpg
77KB, 570x316px
Hey fellas, i'm new here so forgive me if it gets asked all the time.

I'm wanting to take up outdoor photography as a hobby, possibly even sell some at some point. I'm in England within travelling distances of some fairly nice places i go to a few times a year anyway.

Do any of you guys here do it? What cameras etc would you recommend for a beginner? Any fellow Brits know of any nice secluded places that need photoing?

Basically just discussing photography thread
>>
you know
ive been on this board for a few years now

and ive come to find that
you newfags usually ask the best questions,
or make the better threads

no it doesnt get asked alot

a nikon camera is probably good for starters although thats all of my knowledge about cameras,

goodluck and godspeed anon
>>
>>942934
>>>/po/

But the advice will be to get an entry level Nikon (like the D3400) or Canon (I think the 750D..?) which should serve your purpose until you get bored or decide you actually like photography and want to invest more than a few hundred bucks into it.

Pretty much every entry level camera is the same
>>
>>943226
>>943251
Thanks guys I'll take a look at that nikon, didn't even realise there was a photography board I'll have a look there too
>>
>>942934
If you're looking to learn, and eventually sell stuff, then a DSLR and shooting in RAW format is probably your best bet.

But since this is /out/ you might want to think about getting a decent quality superzoom or bridge camera to start with. They're smaller and easier to carry while you're doing stuff, the better ones will shoot RAW and have a manual mode, and while there isn't as much room for learning they'll have you taking nice photos right away. They're still useful even when you do upgrade because you can take them places you wouldn't want to lug a DSLR and a bag of lenses. I've exibited a bunch of stuff I've taken with my old SX130 while cycling or kayaking or skiing.
>>
File: FILE0505_.jpg (84KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
FILE0505_.jpg
84KB, 800x600px
>>943226
>you newfags usually ask the best questions,
>or make the better threads
this

>>943458
>DSLR and shooting in RAW
This. But know that the best quality image and expensive gear doesn't give you a better eye for composition and photo quality.

>>943458
>decent quality superzoom or bridge camera to start with
THIS! Something like that will give you enough control over the exposure (manual typically lets you shoot 1/1000 to 30sec, aperture and ISO for whatever your glass/sensor can handle) to figure out what does what, and to think/slow down when you frame a photo.
There's even lens adapters to extend the range of the zoom, or back it out to a wider lens.
I have no regrets about getting my super-zoom/bridge camera. It's still my most-used camera, and some of my best shots have come from it.

That said, it isn't a replacement for a DSLR and good glass if /p/eeing is something you'e serious about.

Hosting is probably the first order of business. Find a host that offers a "business" or "pro" account - shopping cart, checkout, etc. The free ones that have "gift options", "order prints", etc don't always have a pro option.
>>
File: IMG_20160327_135325578-L.jpg (52KB, 338x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_135325578-L.jpg
52KB, 338x600px
DSLR's... Do your research before you buy anything. Lenses/bodies, go fingerfuck a few cameras and play with the user interface. What makes sense to you, what's comfortable, etc. Then decide on a brand... once you go with a brand (canon or nikon), it's pretty expensive to switch.

Crop-sensors (Nikon DX, Canon APS-C) are great, and a little less expensive than the full-frame bodies/lenses. Also note that a full-frame lens will work on a crop-sensor body. Good less-expensive option to get started with.

Good fast glass (big aperture = low f-number) is worth the money. Spend money here and take care of the lenses. That has a lot more to do with the image quality than the body you're shooting with.

Factor in accessories:
>Cases/bags
>Filters
>Strobes/external lighting
>Tripods/heads, for camera/lens and lighting
>remotes/triggers

All that shit is kind of why I like having a smaller/easier bridge camera - still gives me some flexibility to get the photo I want, without having to stop and set everything up just to grab a snapshot.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.