[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>What makes someone a true /out/ist? This board seems to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 13

File: 1473023634827.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473023634827.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
>What makes someone a true /out/ist?
This board seems to be full of suburbanite minimalists and gear-queers who take Bear Grylls and "survival" shows way to seriously.
Has anyone here ever actually spent significant time innawoods or innadesert? Conquered a major trail or mountain?
Actually used bushcraft to survive?
>>
Lives in a tent for 2 months planting trees in college, hunt, camp and canoe trips every year. Still not as much as I'd like.
>>
ITT: e-peen contest about how tuff you are
>>
lived outside (traveling) for the majority of the past 6 years
>>
File: 68686782.jpg (171KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
68686782.jpg
171KB, 500x374px
>>940091
You must be one of the people i was referring to
>>
>>940095
You realize how ironic this entire thread is right? you come on here speaking down to all of us, and then when someone calls you on it you yourself immediately get defensive and call him a faggot. Go back to /pol/.
>>
someone who enjoys spending time outdoors more than inside. thats it.
>>
>looking for real /out/ on the chinz
Fat chance, it's not habbeding, present company included.
>>
File: 1485702024692.jpg (177KB, 741x719px) Image search: [Google]
1485702024692.jpg
177KB, 741x719px
>>940098

Not him but... you also don't know how fucking stupid and ironic your post is.

Nowhere was anything even /pol/ related mentioned ANYWHERE, and you just had to insert your liberal politics by associating /pol/ with this retard. You told him to go back to /pol/ but you brought your politics into it, retard. Your politics being to attack /pol/ at any chance

But of course you know this, you can obviously read irony so it must be on purpose, unless you're truly that stupid and lacking in self awareness. So how much did you get paid by making more propaganda in other boards meant to keep people from going there? 10cents a comment?
>>
>>940067

I go hunting, and when I do its usually camping for a week or two. Obviously I eat what I hunt.

Then I was in the Muhreenes and spent a lot of time in the field doing training in the outdoors

So, is this pretty /out/ or not good enough for the mountain slayer that you are OP?
>>
>>940067
ok yeah but define "survive" though
>>
File: ha.jpg (44KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>>940067
>Has anyone here ever actually spent significant time innawoods or innadesert?
Yes
>Conquered a major trail or mountain?
Yes
>Actually used bushcraft to survive?
pic
>>
>>941542
>that pic
>this would kill him
lel is this a joke?
>>
File: gopniki-thugs.jpg (135KB, 803x600px) Image search: [Google]
gopniki-thugs.jpg
135KB, 803x600px
>>940067

>Gosh, everyone on this board is such a Poseur except for me
>>
>>940186
this
>>
>>940067
Doesn't brag about how much of an /out/ist he is
and doesn't give a shit about being as hardcore as possible.
Goes outside on a regular basis because he likes it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>940067
I'm /out/side right now!
>>
File: 505.jpg (60KB, 600x665px) Image search: [Google]
505.jpg
60KB, 600x665px
>>942674
Vlorida doesn't gount Bepsi
>>
>>940067
> I wanna be an outdoorsman
> What are the rules to do it right?
>>
File: IMG_2204.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2204.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>942676
Not even at da beach?
>>
>>942683
whatchu haulin senpai?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>942690
Not shit.
>>
File: photo.jpg (71KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
71KB, 900x900px
>>941542
Not him but...
>implying not liking /pol/'s politics makes you a "liberal"
>implying there's anything wrong with being a liberal
>implying the USA wasn't founded on, and the constitution isn't based on, the principles of classical Liberalism

You also don't know how fucking stupid and ironic your post is. You really do need to go back to /pol/.
>>
File: twbb-father-and-son.png (2MB, 1600x709px) Image search: [Google]
twbb-father-and-son.png
2MB, 1600x709px
>>940067
>>
>>942779
OP lurking
Glad someone picked up one it
>>
>>940067
>grow up in extremely desolate rural /out/ paradise
>assume the entire USA is like this
>move to major city when I turn 20
>oh....
>shit I miss the outdoors

I got completely obsessed with /out/ shit when I moved to the city, ironically.
>>
>>944079
I'm the complete opposite, grew up in central London and when I'm in country side towns / villages realise how much I miss the big city
>>
>>940067
Please, do tell us of your great accomplishments.
>>
>>944079
Exactly the same here but in europe
>>
>>940067
>no fun allowed

Real /out/ists are like Varg Vikernes, they don't participate in the dick measuring contest that goes on here. I like kayaking and hiking. If I had to survive in the woods with just a knife I'd probably die. I'm okay with that.
>>
>>942692
How many trips have you got pepsi?
>>
>>944398
Shit it's pretty much just one tripcode with a bunch of different names.

Except for KVD. And anybody else posting in the fishing threads. That is 100% me posting as anon and skid and TXfag and Zuriss and everybody else.
>>
>>940067
I want to live innawoods so badly. Between university and military reserves (which is full time training in the summer), I get to go get it on with the forest on weekends pretty much. Its not worth dropping out or finding a different job though because I can live innawoods after I'm done school I guess.

The longest I've ever been outdoors alone has been 1 week. Its sad.
>>
>>942773

>Your post is ironic.
>Unlike everyone else, I'm not going to explain how - you'll just have to take my word for it.

You probably don't understand why this makes you look like a complete idiot.
>>
>>944079
Same. Grew up in rural Wisconsin, go to school in Milwaukee. It could be worse, though, as I'm still within an hour or two of good rural-ish locations. Can't wait til I graduate in May and get to move out to the mountains.
>>
File: 1486005137102.jpg (19KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
1486005137102.jpg
19KB, 236x354px
>>940091
>>940098
>>941619
>>942682
>>944353
You guys trash OP for "pretending"to be hardcore but he never says he is.
>He called you out and you faggots go into defensive mode
>>
>>944713
I wouldn't say it like that, I just find this kind of shitting on others lame. I don't have to prove myself to anyone. Farming is part of my life and that's it, I'm not going to make threads bragging about living on a farm.
>>
>>944736
OP never bragged about anything. He may be an asshole for trashing essentially all of /out/.........but hes also not wrong for stating the obvious.
>>
>>941562
Depending on the surface of the ground I would say it definitely could kill them. If it's rocky I would think they would throw themselves back hard enough to die
>>
>>940067
I got into this stuff because I finally did a hike in camping trip a couple of years ago. was clearly overloaded in retrospect and wanted to get some thoughts on what would help me. I'm not really a hiker. I work in remote areas a lot and have spent a lot of time in remote mining camps and such. Been everywhere from full on tundra in the arctic to full on desert. My natural habitat is more or less the foothills of the rocky mountains. Boreal forest is oh probably 50 km drive north. Longest I've spent alone in the forest is maybe 3-4 days. I don't really use bushcraft regularly but I like to know the skills in case I need them. I'm also kind of a /diy/ guy and /out/ has made me think about some fun projects. One is a sleeping bag I want to make from wild goose down I've been collecting, and the other is a purpose built tarp tipi I could actually have a fire in. I want to make the liner to have space blanket material to really keep it warm. Both are slow going but really make me think and are interesting to me. I know it sounds autistic but I'm actually pretty good at making things like this work.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.