[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone in the Boston area? I'm moving to Boston in April

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: mbtq15.jpg (167KB, 427x641px) Image search: [Google]
mbtq15.jpg
167KB, 427x641px
Anyone in the Boston area?

I'm moving to Boston in April (from the Caribbean) and I want to get into hunting and camping.

I've gotten a nonresidential fishing permit the few times I came up there, but can a foreigner get a firearm/hunting permit. Even for bow hunting?

And how do I go about finding hunting/outdoor buddies?

Pic kinda related.
>>
>>938386
sounds like you're in a perfect pinch m8 ;)
>>
>>938386
You posted the same thing in /k/.
I will give you the same answer.
Good luck owning anything fun.
>>
>>938386
You definitely won't be getting a fire arms permit, period.

You'd have to take a hunting class in order to get a hunting permit for bow season, which is in November? But the chances of someone who's not only not a citizen but also not a permanent resident of Massachusetts are probably slim to none
>>
>>938496
hunting class, for bow hunting? what kind of commie faggery is this?
>>
>>938535
>assume most people getting into hunting are mouthbreathing retards
sounds appropriate to me

driving tests and gun safety lessons are also good ideas btw
>>
>>938539
or cornfed michigan yokels who grew up on that shit....you just get a permit and go out in your neighbors field in the midwest..
>>
>>938540
well yeah but we're talking about boston here
>>
File: dexter bucks.jpg (191KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
dexter bucks.jpg
191KB, 590x393px
>>938542
but yeah, michigan has alot of retards too. the little town i grew up in still has a buck pole every fall. kids take school off for a week to deer hunt. or at least they used too. its still pretty rural even though its 50 miles from downtown detroit...
>>
Southie reporting in. Pretty easy to get your hunting and sport ltc. Difficult to get your unrestricted unless you have a job that needs it and have taken classes on when NOT to use a gun.

Hunting permits are easy to get if you are not a dumbass. If you are gunna bow hunt make sure you look into the draw weight. I think ours is higher than the average
>>
>>938535
Mandatory in Massachusetts
>>
>>938555
I'm out in central Massachusetts and if he's a long term resident and has us citizenship getting a shotgun permit may be easy but even then he's still going to need 2 letters of recommendation and take a firearms safety course as well as a basic hunters education course

That's all dependent on citizenship, criminal record and then still, cheif of police discretion whether or not he gets one
>>
>>938890
>chief of police discretion

this is really the bottom line. two towns next to each other can have wildly different outcomes to the point where there has been at least one law suit.

the main argument i hear from police chiefs is that they dont care if you keep a gun in your home or want to go to the range... they just dont want people pulling them out and popping off shots in the middle of a restaurant because they got spooked.

which i get.

as far as hunting classes go i hear they are actually pretty fun and offered very often.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.