[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wyoming Considers De Facto Prohibition On Solar And Wind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 21

File: 960x0.jpg (23KB, 960x640px)
960x0.jpg
23KB, 960x640px
>Wyoming Considers De Facto Prohibition On Solar And Wind Energy
What the fuck is wrong with some fucking people?
>>
>>937976
Maybe they're tired of all the dead birds from wind turbines
>>
>>937976
This is what happens when people don't vote, the corporations such as power companies get to make all the rules.
>>
I'd take a single wellhead over a field of windmills any day of the week.

Solar has its place, but a replacement for megawatt plants is not it.

Treehuggers need to stay in california.
>>
File: smokestack.jpg (31KB, 480x388px) Image search: [Google]
smokestack.jpg
31KB, 480x388px
>>937991
>stay in california
>greenhouse gasses will stay in one state
obvious energy cuck is obvious
>>
>>937980
Solar and wind are a joke and unfeasible for grid users from an economic standpoint
>>
>>938076
>pollutants will stay in China
oh wait

libcucks have no serious plan for that, they just want to make the USA weaker
>>
>>937979
>>937991
>>938083
>>938088

Didn't take the oil shills too long to show up. I hope the
>$0.05 has been deposited into your account
Was worth it
>>
>>937976
low efficiency is undeniable with this source of energy. Hydroelectric turbines and nuclear plants are proven, efficient and in long term much cheaper than wind turbines or solar panels
>>
>>938088
This is correct.

T. off the grid wind turbine user for three years
>>
>>938095
The "new nuke tech" is the only reliable long term no carbon solution for the full grid.
>>
>>938083
Bullshit our generated windpower in Ireland is almost a quarter of demand and we're doing fine. No spurious increases in €/kWh.

I hope the expansion in capacity continues, we're literally in a perfect place for it
>>
>>938107
In fact as I type were having a major storm giving us over 60% (over 2.5 GW) and we're exporting a further 5% of our total demand for sweet sweet monies.

Life is good with wind
>>
>>938106
Orbital solar will be good if we ever get the space industry off the ground.
>>
>>937976
It can be sustainable only in certain locations.
Wyoming is windy as fuck in some places.

Also Wyoming has coal so the coal industry is saying fuck you.
>>
>>937976
>go on google maps
>look above sue saint marie, ontario
What are those white things in the middle of the forest with round clearings around them...

>ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY ENERGY!!!
>>
>>937976
Worked in a machine shop turning driveshafts and milling brake pads and other parts for huge windmills. The forging of those driveshafts pollutes a ton. That said, wind power is great business for CNC shops as the parts wear out so quickly they are constantly needing more. Pads wear out after 1 or 2 uses and the driveshafts need to be replaced every 4-6 months (optimistically). Windmills are extreme on the maintenance side, during which time they produce no power (obviously).

I'm all for wind power. Keep those "clean" forges churning out more steel. Keep CNC shops busy using all that "clean" coolant cutting the steel.

Also, no one seems to take into account that in order to generate power the wind must be at a certain mph/kpm. Anything under that level and the windmill does not create any power at all.
>>
>>938111
Maybe, but retransmission of converted electricity through the atmosphere via microwaves has inherent losses that offset gains, plus low level microwave baths for everyone in reception footprint.
>>
>>938140
Nice, we make the slip rings.

T. TANSTAAFL
>>
>>938152
Just run a wire
>>
File: wind-turbine-fire1.jpg (51KB, 587x870px) Image search: [Google]
wind-turbine-fire1.jpg
51KB, 587x870px
Wind power, fuck yeah!
>>
>>937979
More birds die from hitting skyscraper windows than anything else in history. The number of birds getting killed by wind turbines is less than the number of birds being killed by vehicles.

Basically, it is a shit argument point.

>>937976
Next time post the link,

http://www.forbes.com/sites/williampentland/2017/01/18/wyoming-considers-de-facto-prohibition-on-solar-and-wind-energy/

>>938140
How are the maintenance costs on VAWTs instead of HAWTs? They also use ultra low wind speeds.
>>
Politicians doing something right for a change. Wind and solar is extremely damaging to the environment which admittedly environmentalists don't care about but they should care that solar uses more than 2kw of energy to provide 1kw to the grid. Environmentalists care less about the environment than BLM cares about dead niggers
>>
>>938106
This. Hydro is extremely destructive.
>>
>>938220
If I had my way, all valleys would be damned up in a stepping pattern. Everyone would live on hill tops or in boat houses. I'd basically create Fishing World.
>>
>>937976
waste of money
>>
>>938267
says the pass user
>>
>>938246
Great way to cause massive earthquakes everywhere.
>>
>>938269
Says the man who goes on 4chan
>>
>>938271
>says (you)
>>
File: 1484535369486.gif (4MB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
1484535369486.gif
4MB, 600x444px
>>938270
>things I'm not worried about: the post
>>
>>938270
>reading The HAB Theory
>embracing it's science
>>
File: 20170126_123853.jpg (3MB, 1932x2576px) Image search: [Google]
20170126_123853.jpg
3MB, 1932x2576px
>>938095
>>938105
>>938112
>>938106
>>938140
>>938155
>>938216
>>938267
True. The advantage of wind is perception. People will pay more for that to feel good.

I smell money! Pic related.
>>
>>938083
15 years ago maybe. now very untrue
>>
File: WEEEEEE.webm (2MB, 384x294px) Image search: [Google]
WEEEEEE.webm
2MB, 384x294px
>>938333
>>938083
I'd rather make my own VAWT from scrap.
>>
>>937976
Thinking wind is not a realistic power source in suitible areas is more of a meme than real life. I don't want to get into a shit storm by complaining about the oil and coal lobby, but where I live we get about half of our power from wind:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jan/18/denmark-broke-world-record-for-wind-power-in-2015

Solar is also getting MUCH cheaper by every year.
>>
>>938346
It is always good to diversify and segregate your power grids. That way when something happens to one power plant, it only affects a small amount of people. The same goes for types of power. Putting everything in one basket is asking for trouble.
>>
>>938346
Texas anon here. Even in this oil happy state we get a significant chunk of our power from wind. It benefits landowners too, because the wind power companies pay rent to put up the turbines on property.

I think I remember reading somewhere that we produce more power from wind and solar than California does.
>>
>>938173
>wind powered tesla coils

Those soviet madmen!
>>
>>938092
Some (a lot) of people's livelihood are dependent on natural gas, coal and oil. Consider that next time before you go squawking about green energy on the campaign trail.
>>
>>938353
Agreed.

I put all sperm in one fucking vagina and look how THAT turned out.

Now I sow broad and far.
>>
>>938083
The energy in my town is mostly from wind farms further south in Illinois. We opted in to the program that said 100% of our power comes from wind. I don't know how true that is, but it lowered or power bill by a huge chunk. You need every penny you can get living in Cook County.
>>
>>938423
They got into it knowing it's an unstable field that is eventually doomed to die out once it becomes economically unfeasible, which it will. That's why I didn't go into oil with my geology degree. I went into mining.
>>
>>938489
Wut city? Where do they have the turbines?

I remember seeing a few off I-57, but there is some big wind farm driving out of Chicago down here, I believe off I-65 in IN, can't remember if it's north or south of Indy. Probably north.

And fuck Cook County. I like Chicago but I don't think I will ever live anywhere around there again.
>>
File: Wyoming_population_map.png (73KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
Wyoming_population_map.png
73KB, 700x400px
It's simple. ~600,000 people live in that state and for it's size that is fucking insane. That's a medium sized city roughly.

>>Wyoming produced 42% of all coal mined in the United States in 2015.

Even though they have the space (so much fucking space) for solar and wind farms, why bother? They're probably thinking "let's ride this train until the wheels fall off". Same situation with low population, high oil production countries. Doesn't really matter what the population feels when the state income is based in fossil fuels.

I'm not saying it is right but that's why it is so easy to consider doing these kinds of bans.
>>
>>938490
>flying commercial and military aircraft at speed with anything but with petro force projection.

This tech will never die.
>>
>>938174
source that first link my man cause you wrong
>>
>>938507
Fossil fuels will die out. People with those jobs will need to change jobs. Those military vehicles will still work because of biofuels.

>>938423
Humans are adaptable, but don't like change. If they all lost their jobs today they'd not just keel over and die. They'd learn and get new jobs doing other things. That's how things work.
>>
>>938541
>die out

It is a finite resource, but the elites will have access to fossil based hydrocarbon production until 2275AD.

I'm not worried about it and will continue to use my American share without regret or remorse and I mean road trips, air travel and big pickup trucks!

T. $1.67USD/gallon yesterday.
>>
>>938704
>$1.67USD/gallon

$2.75/g where I live; the lowest since last winter. Do you live near a refinery or something?
>>
>>938707
Not even close. I almost took oc pic.

>i will admit i got a $0.40 discount for my fuel points

21 gallons, truck was thirsty!
>>
>>938083
1995 is calling and they want their perceptions about the cost of solar back.

Currently, solar is cheaper than coal in about 1/3 of the states. If you get rid of renewable subsidies, it's still cheaper in 3 states. Coal is heavily subsidies too. If you remove subsidies for both, solar becomes more attractive than coal.

Why do people just say stuff that's wrong?
>>
>>938730
Because you are lieing?

Solar doesn't work at night, coal does.
>>
>>937976

>Live in Sardinia
>Wind turbines happening left and right especially in my area which is kind of windy 24/7
>Sheep fuckers start to complain
>People doesn't care
>Something happens
>it's called M5S
>I verdi are starting to veto their NO for everything
>muh fucking chemtrails!
>Close X-Deci
>We don't want the military occupation
>We don't want military shooting ranges in our land!
>MUH DU killed my son and some idgaf cause he was just to stupid to go and sit in or take pictures of targets that were hit with DU rounds
>Someone spotted Ken Shiro fighting against some giants in Quirra
>Plan of a low impact solar cell central happens,supposed to build in some lands that are no good for herders
>WE DON'T FUCKING WANT THEM AS THEY CONSUME GOZZILLIONS OF WATER
>point them that is not true
>they fucking rage even more calling me a fucking capitalist
>Thermal power station using coal is proposed
>again they don't fucking want that
>we just want to use alternative fonts
>mfw
>you don't want to use the sun,nor the wind,let alone modify dams cause muh sheeps and ground meme,the fuck you want?
>alternative fonts
>ok what about the I don't remember how's called that drill that cause some earthquakes to extract gasses and whatever
>no we don't want you to bring eartquakes
>meanwhile Saras/Sarroch plants are poisoning a good chunk of the area killing tons of birds and bringing tumors everywhere
>everything is fucking fine
>so the old mines that are poisoning aquifer and bringing diseases
>don't touch muh mines cause tourism

Fucking glass my motherland
>>
>>938730
But muh coal company owned towns
But muh black lung
But muh mine collapse
>>
>>937976
The good thing to come from this is that there will be less forests cleared and mountains defaced to fit solar and wind, which are an inefficient use of space.
>>938111
>Orbital solar
That's all well and good, but how do you expect to get the energy back down to the surface?
>>
Threadly reminder that Nuclear is the best option we have, and the only reason that humanity isn't winning bigly with it is because of "environmentalists" who shriek their heads off at things they don't understand.
>>
>>938821
This, but with everything new and good.
>>
>>938736
Actually solar does work at night, but not like you think. The solar power plants make more power than they can sell. They store the energy for high peak times and for night time use. They use thermal storage, kinetic storage, & chemical storage. Other power plants do the same thing and municipal power grids also use various storage mediums for peak hours.
>>
>>938821
Nuclear is shit though. They are too easily attacked by terrorists and nature. A collapsing coal plant or wind mill doesn't ruin square miles of land for untold generations. There's only been a few big accidents, but damn look at that shit. Humans are too fallible. People say "oooh but current tech is so much safer!!" and I say, "Stupid people still exist and accidents still happen."

I could really give a shit about how many people fall off roofs to their death while installing solar. That just helps get rid of stupid people.
>>
>>938835
>Too easily attacked by terrorists or nature
Show me an example of terrorists having a successful attack on a nuclear plant. The only time nature has taken out a nuclear plant was Fukushima, which was mostly in part to Japan's culture, and TEPCO being amazingly incompetent for decades. Retards acting retarded shouldn't make everybody else have to be punished.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mmai1vciYh1qz4rgp.jpg (107KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mmai1vciYh1qz4rgp.jpg
107KB, 500x426px
>>938836
>but but but

This is sad and you are also a retard.
>>
>>938838
>Make retarded generalizations
>Get asked to back them up
>Hurr durr everybody else is wrong
You are the problem.
>>
>>937976
The sun is one of the leading causes of cancer. They can't live with that on their concious
>>
>>938841
>nuketard logic

Good one, kid.
>>
>>938848
Glad to see you have no arguments.
>>
>>938842
>can't live with that on thier cous cous

Ftfy.
>>
>>938744
kek
>>
>>938140
My friend works on the windmills near Peoria, IL. He says the same things, parts wear out all the time, constant repairs are necessary and apparently a ton of them leak oil all over the place.
>>
>>937976
It's almost as if almost their entire state economy is based on mining and oil crazy they want to live a good life huh?
>>
File: 20170107_171933.png (190KB, 406x487px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_171933.png
190KB, 406x487px
>>938744
Wow.

Never.

Too real.

Shock muh top.
>>
>>938083
hahahah so you're pretty out of touch with what's happening in Germany then.

Idiot.
>>
>>937976
It's good for communes, villages and cabins but for everything else nuclear is the most energy efficient solution. honestly tho people should be allowed to put whatever they want on their private property.
>>
File: DSC04218.jpg (397KB, 2418x1093px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04218.jpg
397KB, 2418x1093px
>>940279
>nuclear private property.
,,,,,,, HEEEEEEEEHA!
,deatheworst.,, 30000 years of DEATH!
,, of course,,, you will cleanitup?
,PIC> my power plant,, pays back at 35%year,, ill clean it up in 50 years when I buy better ones.
>>
>>938423
The less we rely on coal and oil, the longer those jobs will be available. If we wiped out all our fossil fuels at once, guess what? Nothing left to pay them for.

Consider thinking before you talk.
>>
>>938927
Use google nuketard. This is a no spoonfeeding zone.
>>
>>941110
After all this time, you still can't make a proper argument against the cleanest and most space efficient way of generating power?
Sad!
>>
>>938736
The energy is stored in battery, retard
>>
Enginnering undergrad doing solar cell fabrication as final year thesis here.

Ask away
>>
>>941301
(You)
>>
>>937976
It make the regulation of the electrical network extra hard and having them is actually a bad thing.

Keep in mind this simple fact: production must always be equal the the consumption. Every second without exception.

So, since we have no control over consuption, we used to adapt the output of barrages, gas, coal and oil plants to regulate the power.

With unpredictable power sources, it become a death trap.

The only solution is one hundred thousand million billions car batteries.
>>
>>938111
>Orbital solar
You can never predict where the light is going to land.

Either you remove the atmosphere, or you homogenize the atmosphere or you forget about orbital solar power.
>>
>>941453
>we need Musk's batteries!

That shit is interesting though. My little bro is about to graduate with a degree in atmospheric sciences (so basically meteorologist) and he worked for Florida Power & Lighting last summer. He was telling me how they forecast the weather and set the prices based on predicted demand and have to figure out what power companies they will buy from at certain times and who will be buying from them. That shit is crazy.

I mean solar and wind power is still such a low percentage that it can't be thay difficult to slightly meter the gas plants based on that. But it seems rough on places like in Yurop where a large percentage of their energy comes from wind. I was reading up on some of that stuff and they have lots of smaller plants that only run when the excess demand is there but they are almost always innefficient fossil fuel plants and don't have the best emissions controls compared to main fossil fuel plants. So I guess the wind energy is good and clean when you can get it but when it isn't there and they have to fire up an old coal plant, they are polluting like crazy.

Idk why we don't just go to nuclear more. It is such a good idea and I'm sure plants in 2017 would be even more reliable than the old ones we are still using and those old ones are pretty damn safe.
>>
>>941425
EE student working at a company making solar cell optimizers, bidirectional inverters and energy storage units enabling 24/7 power totally off grid.

How does it feel to soon be offered virgin daughters as payment for our magical tech in the post-apocalyptic hellscape?
>>
>>941478
>former ME student here
Keep telling yourself that. You need to make some Jew stock market money if you ever thing you will get good pussy based on that alone.
>>
>>941482
You wont be so cocky when we're the only ones wielding the fire of the gods!
>>
>>941465
In France, we make so much nuclear and renewable that we use our nuclear power plants to regulate the network.

Just imagine: The only consequence for all that solar and wind bullshit despite their ridiculously high price is to have more heavy atoms in nuclear waste.

Was it worth it?
>>
File: IMG_2178.jpg (21KB, 632x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2178.jpg
21KB, 632x332px
>>941487
I think I can still figure put how to grow potatoes

>>941496
I don't even know what is going on with the US as far as nuclear. I thought for a long time they weren't opening any new plants for some years but then looking at this website I guess they are. Opened one last year and have like 6 more reactors at two locations under construction.
>>
>>937991

What happens when the oil runs out, faggot?
>>
>>941506
It work in generations, like consoles.

It take decades to design and build, run for 40-60 years and take another decade to dismantle and even more to clean the ground.

The ole pressurized water are going to close, so you designed the AP1000 and we made the EPR. Nuclear power plants are being built everywhere in the world right now.
>>
>>941514
Not in the US, Mexico (or Canada,to my knowledge).
>>
>>941421
>a 60MW battery

Bateries are fine for single home applications, not the grid.
>>
>>938174
>More birds die from hitting skyscraper windows than anything else in history. The number of birds getting killed by wind turbines is less than the number of birds being killed by vehicles.
Do you know how many birds die from hitting the air in an empty field? Just curious, as I don't actually know. I thought, as a person who has clearly done an in depth cost-benefit analysis for wind energy, surely you would know, since the point of comparison isn't skyscrapers or moving vehicles, but, of course, the empty field before the giant killing fan got installed.
>>
>>941522
Then it will soon.

>>941527
One hundred million huge ass batteries in one hundred million houses or one hundred million huge ass batteries in ten centralized hubs will do the same job.
>>
File: DSC04221.jpg (1MB, 1943x1721px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04221.jpg
1MB, 1943x1721px
solar powerd hotplate.,, Yes,, itshot,, not realy frying hot,, but hoto thetouch.
,, around 50watts flow.
>>
>>941581
>not realy frying hot
So, it's useless for cooking.
>>
>>937976
Nuke is the way to go. Anyone who disagrees is braindead.
>>
>>937976
>people believe im climate change.
>don't believe wind turbines disrupte wind patterns effecting weather.
>don't believe the reflecting of light off of solar farms are damaging to a multitude of things, aircraft, birds, insects, the lower ozone layers above them.
>>
>>941439
>Still no argument
>>
>>941584
Free hot water.
No downside.
>>
File: DSC04188.jpg (645KB, 1996x1321px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04188.jpg
645KB, 1996x1321px
>>941581
>>941606
132 watt Unisolar (175$Amazon) laying flat in winter,, if angled up theat would be Spicey!
,, could fully boil water in small insulated jug.
, but why not just use lens/foil?
>>941089
working, everyday,, allday.
>>
File: IMG_2179.png (131KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2179.png
131KB, 640x1136px
>>941522
That's what I thought until I saw this

https://www.nei.org/Knowledge-Center/Nuclear-Statistics/US-Nuclear-Power-Plants
>>
>>941744
>US building new reactors
Thank god, it took long enough.

Reminder that Bill Clinton was a disgrace to America in almost every way possible.
>>
>>938489
In my city in Ontario we get all our power from hydro electric and wind power. Ontario has really expensive electricity because we don't burn any fossil fuels for power save a diesel generator on some Indian territory off the grid. All our power on the grid is from nuclear hydro and wind. It's a lot of infrastructure to maintain so although it's not consuming fuels the province needs to maintain hundreds of kilometres of hydro lines through the bush hundreds of kilometres from population centres.

Idk why i made this post
>>
>>941606
>Free hot water.
>No downside.
But not hot enough for cooking. So, useless.
>>
>>941478
Kek not happening. The best thing that can happen to you (and I) are either;

>working at utility company
>working at chink company that produced solar panel
>working at company that supplied/installed said chink made solar panel

That's assuming that you didn't plan on starting your own company or simply said "fuck it I'll be a science teacher"
>>
>>941850
>what is a shower
Could also be used for doing dishes, washing clothes etc. Plenty of uses for non-boiling water that'll save you lots of energy.
>>
>>941548
>100,000,000 hugeass batteries in 100,000,000 houses

My God! That's 1x10 to the (superscript) 18th power!

Now THAT is a lot of hugeass batteries.

>>941744
Slipped that one in under the radar.
>>
>>941815
>IDKW I made this post

Mainly out of your inate, deep insecurity of being Canadian and a need to compensate for it by impressing mostly American anonymous strangers.

Rest assured I am impressed, be at peace can-anon.
>>
File: DSC04253.jpg (1MB, 1939x1078px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04253.jpg
1MB, 1939x1078px
>>937976
>Prohibition On Sun... Wind,, and rain.
, its the only way Nuclear has a RETARD chance.
>>
Why don't we just use Die Glocke?
>>
>>943493
not really if the government wanted to build a new plant they would but all the Republicans would get voted out of office where ever they put the plant
>>
Solar is shit

Wind and nuclear are based
>>
>>943624
Biofuels are the shit. The world is already covered with in solar panels. We need to take that mechanism and convert it into pure electricity rather than sugar.
>>
>>943709
But solar panels are more efficient at using the suns light than plants.
>>
>>943715
If machines are so advanced why is there not a single functioning artificial organ?

Checkmate futurists.
>>
>>941590
>reflecting of light off of solar farms

Kinda strange property for something that is designed to absorb as much light as it can
>>
>>943720
>assuming PV

Why?
>>
>>938216
it's nice that you can salve your cognitive dissonance by saying environmentalists don't care about the environment. What I don't understand about people who say things like you just said is how they feel they're helping. Either people who disagree with them are wrong, or their choices are meaningless, like vegetarianism. What do you do to help, friend? If environmentalists don't care, then who does?
>>
>>938174
Most birds that die unnatural deaths are killed by cats you fucking mong.

http://www.treehugger.com/renewable-energy/north-america-wind-turbines-kill-around-300000-birds-annually-house-cats-around-3000000000.html
>>
>>937976
I understand wanting to make lots of money off of Wyomings coal mining, but limiting peoples freedom to pursue other means of generating electricity is idiotic. You shouldn't strong arm people with the government into obedience just to make a few more bucks
>>
>>938838
Not an argument
>>
>>937976
it's fine for off-grid solutions, but for everyone else nuclear fission is the most efficient means of energy generation and it creates more jobs. That being said, either source will be obsolete in 2024 when Lockheed Martin completes their fusion reactor.
>>
>>945227
also daily reminder to invest in LMT and TSLA before it's too late
>>
ornithologist here, wind turbines are raping raptor populations
>>
>>945265
>citation needed
>>
>>941421

Because battery manufacturing and disposal is so much better for the (((environment)))
>>
>>938835
>>938838
>>938848
>>941110
>>941439
The key point with nuclear is that it has the lowest amount of deaths and smallest environmental impact per KWH of any form of power generation, provided an adequate waste storage facility is created. The main aversion to nuclear power is the perceived risk of some sort of Chernobyl or 3 Mile island esque disaster occurring in ones backyard, this is incredibly unlikely as in both cases the reactors were old enough designs to require constant human monitoring to keep the reactor from going critical, modern reactors require almost no human interaction and are designed to shut down at the slightest detection of an abnormality. As for Fukushima TEPCO had failed to adequately plan for a tsunami despite being in a tsunami prone area ,(in addition to this there was some scandal about creating fake inspection reports back in the early 2000s), and even then the estimated number of additional number of cancer deaths due to the incident is expected to be less than 500.

One of the current issues with nuclear is that no new plants are being constructed, in the US specifically most plants were designed with a 40 year operating cycle, and often have been re-certified to operate 20 years beyond that. New modern reactor designs would allow improvements to be made from what we have learned but most of them have been blocked from construction by "Environmentalists" ,(see oil Lobbyists).

TLDR: most of the reasons people oppose Nuclear are bullshit.
>>
>>941512
Not him, but how many more decades do you think we have left? In 2014, the USA had an estimated 36.4 billion barrels (plus 695.1 million barrels in the strategic reserve). We're 10th on the list of proven reserves.

>>943624
I see solar on a small scale as equitable (for my cabin). Batteries are expensive and can't be good for the environment, but likely are recyclable. Wind on a small scale seems equitable as well, but those huge ones are trash. Nuclear does me no good on the homestead.
>>
File: DSC04248.jpg (655KB, 2130x1226px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04248.jpg
655KB, 2130x1226px
>>946055
>adequate waste storage
woooWooo WO!,, SLOWIT down there!
, PULLOVER!, im gona need to see your "STUPID" card.,, Idiots "registration.,,your skidding there!
,, if we have STUPID",, ill be dishingit out!
,We can just RECYCLE, Nuclear,, WWWASTE!, think of all the home sterilization units?
,,now imm lettingyou off,,, with a Warning,, GETSTUPID!
>>
File: DSC04200.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04200.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
30000,years.
>>
>>938831
Some do. Most don't.
>>
>>946055
Great points, but how do we know modern plants are safe if nobodies building them?

>>946467
You're so strange dude
>>
File: DSC04205.jpg (972KB, 2486x1356px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04205.jpg
972KB, 2486x1356px
>>946055
>Fukushima TEPCO had failed...... fake inspection
,,,Good,, GUD!,, make it seem like its all done now,, not spewing 100000 gallons of DEATH a day,, or more, in the rainy season.
>>946467 "STUPID"
,,HEYTHERE!, this is a NOBULLY ZONE!,, you FUKIN LOSER!, iwill Smash youso Hard!
,notalk about Dry Casks cracking,, nowarning,,nofix aside from another frail box,, they are failing,,, internaly,, eternaly.,
,,,you KNOW itsafe,, the "Price Anderson Act." makes it ILLEGAL todie from radiation,, NO insurance needed by NUCLEAR Plants. theyr THAT safe!
,,so, NO deaths from radiaton,, thanks,,,its the LAW!, BAN Tornados Next!!
,Yucca Mountain???,, the deep interlaced fissures??, the water infiltration from above?,, then STEAMING up from below,, forming telltale crystals,,,showing post Nuclear Island testing rain water?
,,,, yes,, we CAN tell that.
>>
>>938109
>>938107
The population of your country is less than most of the US's states. Wind just doesn't scale like that my friend.
>>
>>938836
>mfw in swat competitions between the guys who protect the president of the United States and the department of Energy guys the DOE guys shit on the secret service every time.

It looks like there is only 1 retard in this thread chain and its you.

Nuclear powerplants in america are better guarded than the president of the United States.
>>
>>938216
>solar panels being only 1/3 efficient is harmful to the environment

???
>>
>>937976
>On Solar And Wind Energy

Wind turbines kill 2.8 Billion baby Eagles each year.

Solar energy exploits the Suns good will and we're basically getting free labor out of it. That's almost like Slavery. Only a slave owner like Trump would support Wind or Solar.

We need to end energy usage. Period.
>>
>>937976
>De Facto
So they're agreeing it's too expensive and going for the cheapest source? Seems logical to me.
>>
>>947032
And less dangerous, so go figure?
>>
File: DSC03658.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03658.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
>>947032
>Nuclear powerplants guarded
more TAX money, to feed nuclear,,, cant evan guard itself.,, needs guarding for 30000 years, or more.
,,,, Wheres the Windfarm Guards?!!, totally exposed to TERROR!, Museys ,attacking a windmill,,, id Pay to watch.
>>
First time in a long time to see my state even being mentioned that it exists. desu for how windy this state is, it always surprises me how many windmills don't move.
>>
File: wind.jpg (38KB, 521x458px) Image search: [Google]
wind.jpg
38KB, 521x458px
>>937976
wyoming is the saudia arabia of wind and they dont want wind generators. kek.
>>
>Wanting to shit up your state's landscape with thousands of fuck ugly windmills

wew
>>
>>947605
I wish you'd start tripping so I could filter you.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.