[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How viable is it to just up and go on a road trip with no plan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: montana.jpg (402KB, 1154x541px) Image search: [Google]
montana.jpg
402KB, 1154x541px
How viable is it to just up and go on a road trip with no plan or preparation or equipment? I want to drive from Houston to Yellowstone or maybe even Glacier Nation Park in Montana.

However the amount of planning and preparation a lot of people do for outdoors excursions is daunting and keeps giving me an excuse not to do it. Can't I just up and do it? Figure it out when I get there? Maybe I'll just buy what I need from some Cabela's after talking to some real experienced /out/ists on the trail and learn from my mistakes as I go. Has anyone experienced something like this?
>>
>>936885
>road trip
So, you'll never be more than half an hour away from anything you could have forgotten? I think you'll be okay.
>>
as for the road trip no planning is needed. literally no planning at all. i do this every year in the western us and i'm not even from your country. just grab a car and head any direction you desire. you'll find everything along the way
>>
Give your car a once over and just go.
Sure you'll miss things along the way. But you can see them next time.

Don't overpack. If you need something you can buy it while on the road.
>>
>>936885
Assuming that your transport is in good mechanical condition I'd say just grab a cooler a sleeping bag and go.
I mean seriously anon the next town over has stores in it
Minimalist is master.
>>
If you're trying to save money it's better to plan. Otherwise you're just going to be buying shit wherever you can get it and taking routes that might be long and boring and not have free/cheap campgrounds.
>>
>>936885
If you want to have an adventure, leave your car behind. Grab a sleeping bag and pad and a few days worth of food and water and just start walking. Now, this is key: If you get any inclination to do anything, do it; sleep right on the side of the road, get into random peoples' cars (with their permission), flip a coin to decide which direct to go when you come to a fork in the road, ask every person you meet how their day is going.

I know it sounds crazy and risky and you probably think I'm just trolling, but I promise it'll be the most fun you'll ever have; you just have to let go and let life happen instead of trying to control where it takes you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.