[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is metal detecting the ultimate outdoors hobby? pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 41f03isyqsL.jpg (27KB, 500x500px)
41f03isyqsL.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
Is metal detecting the ultimate outdoors hobby?

pic related I just picked up a 340$ garret and I've already found about 50$ in coins in just 2 weeks of huntin'

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D0NXYL0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01D0NXYL0&linkId=0b8c75bd6e4c534a456319b861019b10
>>
my dad does it, if you are serious about it and know where to walk, then you can make your money back, he found atleast +5 grand in 2 years of spare time hunting

Garretts are probably the best metal detectors for starters
>>
>>934620
Where do you live?
>>
Count in gas you spend and shit... It almost never pays back but its fun... Hobby is not job
>>
>>934648
depends...I just use a backpack and a mountain bike to get to my destination
>>
>Is metal detecting the ultimate outdoors hobby?
I think if you took any outdoor hobby seriously it's going to be an ultimate experience.

Metal detecting can be pretty lame but of course if you do it seriously it's the opposite
>>
>>934654
And if you are a neet you can count your time as being worth 0 per hour
>>
I want to buy one, would the ace 200 be good enough? Kinda scared dropping 340 for something
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M19DMVN/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01M19DMVN&linkId=b7a271fc4f0dd317e1e2c3b6ab1f4edb
>>
>>934742
Well...I think it's best to get the 300 at least
>>
>>934618
It's the ultimate if you're too old or broken for other things.
>>
>>935059
cunt
>>934791
I ordered one
>>
Back when I lived in the inner-city there was a vacant lot next door where kids would play ball. One Saturday the kids came back after a game. They formed a line and walked real slow, staring down the whole time. They did this until dark. Sunday morning a few of them came back and walked back and forth all day. Monday during school I went there with my detector and quickly found a broken necklace with a large diamond. Took it to a jeweler who offered me $500 instantly. I bought an even nicer metal detector with the cash. Over the next couple of weeks I'd sometimes still see kids searching that yard.
>>
>>935249
So, you're recommending this as a good way to steal from children?
>>
>>935359
no
>>
>>935359
Yes
>>
did you ever find a gold nugget like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuNNFQDwRgI
>>
>>935880
goddam that dude sucks at pinpointing.

I hope that was a show for the camera, otherwise that's just embarrassing. Faster you dig targets the more targets you dig. More targets you dig, the more treasure you take.
>>
File: keen.jpg (3MB, 2543x2875px) Image search: [Google]
keen.jpg
3MB, 2543x2875px
>>934618
nicely done, OP.

I use a $50 radio shack special from the 1980's. It's the best detector I've ever seen after 30+ years and a bunch of different brands.

I buy another one on ebay every now and then, I currently have 3 of them. I'd guess I've found about $15k in coins, tokens and jewelry, mostly in places with tons of trash that have been detected thousands of times already by others.

It's not the equipment, it's how well you use it. I know my machine far better than most.
>>
>>936565
This GOY detects at stumptown ghost mine with an old model radio shack MD. Should not be hard to find...
>>
>>936674
thousands of people detect there every year.
>>
>>936565
nice coins
>>
>>935359
finders keepers m8
>>
>>934668
"WORTH" is subjective you can have all the capital in the world and it won't mean for shit if you haven't lived
>>
File: IMG_2093.png (9KB, 215x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2093.png
9KB, 215x215px
>>934618
>>934742
This is in no way a guerilla marketing metal detector Jew.
>>
>>936899
KEK
>>
File: lock 1.png (395KB, 330x479px) Image search: [Google]
lock 1.png
395KB, 330x479px
Buddy of mine found this lock a couple days back, anyone have a guess as to what it could have been on?
>>
>>937506
just a lock. does not look old.
only beginning patina and marginal oxidation of the metal.
Depending on the ground it could be as young as 50 years or even younger in loamy heavy ground.
bet if you cleaned it you could still use it
>>
>>934618
im using the garrett ace 150
cheapest and easiest to use and has a good enough descrimination function which is precise enough to search in german industrial regions like the ruhrgebiet (bad metal detctors even start going off just when held over the ground because it is so irony)
>>
File: lox.jpg (307KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
lox.jpg
307KB, 800x596px
>>937506
Nice one. I find one or two of those every year. Usually broken.

People used them to lock up trunks and sheds I'd guess. Houses clear back to the 1800's usually had a regular keyplate and doorknob. Padlocks were used pretty much like they are now.

Here's a few I've dug dating from the late 1800's to early 1900's.
>>
Good thread to ask in. The only permission I have isn't turning up anything great, only predecimal coins. Have a garrett ace 250. Me and my mate had been in the field many times, only decent-ish find being a penny from 1939. Then my mate borrows a detector and finds 7 predecimals in a small area... Next time we go out with the detector he is borrowing? Fuck all

Anyway, enough rambling. I am looking at land which is for sale to detect in. Does anyone own it apart from the estate agents who are selling it?

Also, would they be more likely to say no as to preserve the value of the land, or yes because fuck it's for sale?
>>
>>937506
Chastity Belt lock from 1950's
>>
>>937506
railroad lock
>>
Bump. I would like the buried treasure
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.