[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /out/ subscribe to any out related boxes? thinking abou

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Instagram-New-Boxes-ad.jpg (421KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Instagram-New-Boxes-ad.jpg
421KB, 1080x1080px
Does /out/ subscribe to any out related boxes? thinking about trying this, videos look like it's decent

http://survivalboxes.com/
>>
>>934499
This is the gayest fucking thing I've ever seen and you're a huge faggot for even considering these
>>
>>934519
can you give specifics as to why its bad? they ship you items they buy in bulk so the individual gets them for under market price
>>
>>934520
Because just like every single one of these boxes that isn't some kind of grab back off food and snacks (sometimes even then) 90% of every box will be useless bullshit and it might have one item of any quality at all that you then might actually use. You'll spend $60/m or whatever it is to get one $5 thing you actually want.
>>
File: 134.png (3MB, 1104x1074px) Image search: [Google]
134.png
3MB, 1104x1074px
The shovel looks useful, as does the fishing reel and $10 Morakniv knife. The problem is that you also pay for useless stuff like the SOG "MacV tool" or whatever that flat mallninja axe is.
>>
>>934499
This actually looks like a really great way to justify some extra airtime on a YouTube channel! There's a ton of stuff that teenagers, autistic preppers and armchair survivalists would be interested in!

If you actually plan on using any of that garbage though, no... that's a horrible idea.
>>
>>934577
yea I'm new to all this so I figured getting 3 boxes should stock me up fairly well, plus I don't know websites to use in the UK for no msg seeds and long shelf life foods
>>
Not entirely /out/ related but bespoke post is pretty cool. Their /out/ related box was really solid. a lot of the stuff is practical edc items (wallet, key chain, nice gloves) or just cool stuff you wouldn't buy yourself but find yourself enjoying (Booze making kits, bathrobe, kitchen stuff, toiletries)

I normally feel like I'm getting a good deal
>>
>>934499

Try consuming less and going out more, yeah?
>>
>>934583
I think you mean GMO (genetically modified organisms) rather than MSG (Mono-Sodium Glutamate).

Your best bet would be to just lurk and ask questions around here until you decide what you really need, and just buy that. I can't say for certain, but I'd be skeptical about the quality of products from bulk buys.

What camping level are you?
>>
>>934524
Yup... And it's especially fucked for this "genre", because survivalists(or if you're not an edgy faggy 14 year old, "campers") put so much value into using the gear best suited to them... So even on the off chance you do get something that's genuinely good(and you prob won't. It'll prob be cheap Chinese shit that sold below expectations and is cleared out in a bulk sale) there's about a 95% chance it's something you wouldn't buy on its own, of your own free will.

If it's for quirky acrylic figures that sit on your desk... No, even then it's stupid and wasteful.

All these things are stupid, beyond trying out new consumables (provided you're paying below market price).
>>
>>934499
Its the purest form of consumerism: send me stuff. Any stuff, even useless stuff. I pay for all of it, but for fucks sake, send me stuff.

Its a waste of resources and not /out/ at all.
>>
>>934499

No. If I need shit, I'll buy it. These boxes are a get rich quick scheme and are only bought by gullible idiots. I don't need $20 of crap for $50 p/m.
>>
File: IMG_0517.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0517.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>934499
>>934577
>tfw you cheaped out on shipping and your survival box was in the mail while you were getting lost innawoods
Errytiem

A bunch of us in the fishing threads got down on these boxes. There were some coupon codes so you ended up getting 3 boxes for like $30. There is around $25-$30 worth of stuff in each box (regular retail is. $12-$15 depending how many months you subscribe for). You get to pick which species you are targeting and they try to send stuff for that time of year. It is mostly quality brands too so good for an angler trying to build their collection or just to force you to try something new.
>>
>>934499
The food and seeds only one looks ok I guess. At Least you try something new.
>>
>>936272
Damn. You must pull in some serious trophies if you're using gear like that. The high mountain trout I'm usually after would just chuckle and swim away if they saw those hooks.
>>
>>934794
Shh, going outside is all about consuming as much as you can and pretending to be outdoorsy.
>>
File: IMG_1219.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1219.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>938074
Those 6/0 hooks are for bigger bass baits like 5"+ swimbaits. A hungry 2lb largemouth would hit that all day.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.