[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /out/, I'm going to stay at a cabin for 2 nights at my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 010312-JAS_5561tacky.jpg (1MB, 3424x2283px) Image search: [Google]
010312-JAS_5561tacky.jpg
1MB, 3424x2283px
So /out/, I'm going to stay at a cabin for 2 nights at my first trip to the snow with my friends. What should I take? The forecast says its going to be snowing pretty heavily and that the temparature is going to hit 16 degrees Fahrenheit. I've never been in that type of weather before.

My goal is to just have a casual and relaxing time.
>>
>>932742
Does it have a fireplace?
Does it have a shitter?

Take wood, food, and drugs
>>
>>932752
What type of drugs?
>>
>>932760
Booze and weed are the most popular, but you know yourself and your friends the best
>>
>>932762
i never do drugs so idk. just drink beer occassionally. my friends often do coke and e and other things but I'm not on their level.
>>
>>932763
I liked weed during hunting because I ate more of the snacks I brought and laughed harder at the stand-up albums I had.
>>
>>932765
What about gear? What should I wear?
>>
>>932775
Get some snow pants if you plan on being outside

Gloves

Hat

A jacket is an obvious one there too

Snow boots

It's not hard to figure out man, bring clothes to wear indoors and have the snow gear for outside
>>
>>932782
I'm looking for some boots right now. Don't want to drop too much on an expensive pair since I will only use them this weekend.
>>
>>932775
Layer up. Since you don't go in the cold often, I wouldn't spend too much. Waterproof boots, pants, jacket. Etc.
Buy some thermals and shit or just stay inside the cabin
>>
>>932785
But wouldn't staying in the cabin and not going outside be a wasted trip? I'm clueless on how to play. I never played as a kid.
>>
>>932786
I meant stay in the cabin if you don't want to buy a bunch of gear you will never use again. It's sounds like it will be pretty cold so it's not like you guys will be frolicking just for the sake of it, especially if it will be snowing heavily. Basic shit that keeps you from getting wet and layers to retain your body heat will be fine for 95% of the shit you'll end up doing for your first cold experience
>>
Probably obvious, depending on the cabin/people I would bring slippers or some other alternative footwear from your boots, not only do you want to be comfy, people will always track in snow no matter how much they try and you'll always end up stepping in a cold puddle if you just have socks on
>>
>>932789
>>932791
we'll probably go sledding and walking for a bit. need something minimal.
>>
LSD. Lantern and playing cards. Good boots
>>
Waterproof jacket, sweater, shirt
Waterproof snow pants or rain pants that'll fit over sweats
Water proof gloves
Knit cap
Waterproof boots, heavy socks

For in the cabin stay comfy, sweats work good, jeans if you want to look decent/get laid
>>
>>932742
Are you going to sex?

Personal lube and rubbers.
>>
>>932894
I wish I was having sex. Probably not though.
>>
>>932863
Do I need a waterproof sweater and shirt or just a jacket?
>>
>>932742
>I want to have a causal and relaxing time
>So I went in a cabin lost in deadly cold
Collect wood for hours and when you are almost made of ice, go in, place your wood to dry and burn the wood already in. Making and taking care of fire while it is frozen hell outside in comfy. Bring a good book.
>>
>>932982
quit making fun of me.

says there's going to be a heavy snow storm lmao. i'm fucked. there is a jacuzzi at the place so maybe ill just prune up all weekend. :D
>>
>>932993
Can you eat the jacuzzi?
>>
deck of cards goes a long way. some of my best memories are playing hearts with my friends all night after getting snowed in.

hatchet/axe
dryer lint (good fire starter if the wood is too soaked and/or your friends are retarded)
waterpoof boots
outerwear you a can be outside with in the snow (gloves, hat, heavy jacket, good outter layer pants)
mad layers
more socks than you think you will need
extra gallons water but don't let it freeze
long johns
2 exta packs for smokes if you are a smoker
grill lighter or long matches because there will probably be a pilot light
>>932982
honestly dude it sound comfy as fuck and im a little jealous.

does the place have pots and pans?

compass and flairs if you want to adventure away from the cabin during the storm. if you do this just walk in one direction on the compass so its easier to find your way back.
>>
>>932997
bring more food than you think you can ever eat in the nights you are there and plan for having at least one gnarly bacon and eggs breakfast with coffee and all that shit because that's a good time.

making pizza is always fun.
>>
>>932981
I assume he means the latter. Depending how cold it is where the cabin is, you won't need anything waterproof besides boots/gloves. If it's always going to be below freezing, ie: low chance of dealing with freezing rain or sleet because it's too cold, you don't need one
>>
>>933001
>compass and flairs if you want to adventure away from the cabin during the storm.
OP will die.
>>
I want to see OPs cabin, I feel like we are telling him how to live in the rustic minimalist cabin of our dreams and he's going to be hot tubbing with central heat and AC watching Netflix and drinking from the minibar

>Auto correct changed my mistyped "drinking" to "dropping bling from the minibar" was tempted to leave it
>>
>>933030
Yeah, it's like a 100k cabin with everything you need
>>
>>932742
A pair of warm socks.
>>
>>933034
Yea this. But still, heavy snowstorm is supposed to be going on. There will be lots and pans and a fireplace inside. All that is fone. Just want to prepare for being out at the snow, but I think I got everything I need. Waterproof everything.
>>
>all these "lol do drugs dude lmao" faggots posting ITT
>>
>>933099
Did your brother die being a degenerate and make you promise to be a straight-edge pussy like Trump?
>>
>>933099
get the fuck outta here with that self righteous hate shit. if you give a fuck whether or not someone smokes weed in the woods on their own time you are human garbage.
>>
>>932742
FUCK
>>
>>933034
What's the point?
>>
>>933034
Not OP
>>933173
>>
>>933116
No u
>>
>>932763
bring some jager, it's classic hunting cabin candy

Also, bring some string
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.