[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What could I do with those 20 acre plots for sale in the shitty,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1483468546871.jpg (30KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1483468546871.jpg
30KB, 480x477px
What could I do with those 20 acre plots for sale in the shitty, arid parts of the US?

I see them for sale all the time for cheap as hell but there must be something I could do besides sacrifice people and privately drop acid.
>>
Real estate scam. Sell shares in a utopia community plan (former hippies and Randians are particularly good targets) and then fuck off to some country without an extradition treaty.
>>
File: 1440813613141.gif (3MB, 450x225px) Image search: [Google]
1440813613141.gif
3MB, 450x225px
>>929822
He probably means the legit ones. They are literally just flat nothing someone is trying to offload. Personally, I'd just have my lawyer look into it before buying and make sure there was full right-of-way to the property from the nearest road.
>>
Personal gun range
>>
you could do all the permaculture meme stuff and try and restore the land, although I've not seen anyone actually do that. they'll talk about swales and hugelkultur and all that stuff having a regenerative effect, but then they only start up their projects in relatively good soils to begin with.

>>929848
he's saying that's what op could do with that land, not that the people selling the land are scamming people.
>>
>>929866
>he's saying that's what op could do with that land, not that the people selling the land are scamming people.

Then he doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>929862
Underground bunker.

Medical marijuana greenhouse.

Chicken coop, rabbit hutch.

Squarefoot garden.

Anything you want.
>>
>>929876
Yes he does. He's saying to buy a cheap piece of desert, then sell gullible Randroids shares in some phony Galt's Gulch community, then disappear with the money. Just like that guy did in South America.
>>
Landfill
>>
>>929817
You could use them as a shooting range
>>
>>929905
You can't do that in the US though.
>>
>>929896
A greenhouse somewhere arid and practically desert?

I've noticed that the moment the pictures of land have green rather than tan the prices skyrocket.
>>
>>929946
Yes you can. People run that scam all the time.

Buy useless land, sell shares in a bullshit development scheme and fuck off to Uruguay or Cambodia and live like a king.

It's one of the classic real estate scams of the last century.
>>
Get on YouTube and look for 'land geek' . he'll show you how to buy, subdivide, and resell for a profit
>>
>>929817
I'm facing a similar situation, except the plot is 11 thousand square meters and in a major city in South America. it literally is a patch of natural jungle in a suburban area, with two huge abandoned houses in it.

It has been taken over by druggies but it's nothing that can't be dealt with. I'm debating if I should sell for crumbs or build a proper medium-high security system and just live there.

>mfw if I move there I'll build a pool and spend the next 30 years doing drugs and chilling in a private jungle
>>
>>929959
If the land has vegetation, it probably has more use. Thus, more value. By my guess anyway.
>>
>>930250
How much did you buy it for and why? I live in Texas and that sounds like at least a little bit of fun but I'd like to stick a little more rural in the Pacific, maybe.
>>
>>929817
Be sure and talk to a local real estate attorney before you drop money on anything, especially if you're looking in semi-arid regions. Water rights laws can vary a great deal. I almost fucked up buying a 30 acre plot in CO, wanted to move out there, little farm, etc. Talked to a local and found out that plots under 35 acres can't use groundwater for 'agricultural purposes'. Would have to go through all kinds of bullshit to be able to water a small garden. Spend a bit extra to get a 35.1 acre plot, and suddenly you're in a completely different class of water rights.
>>
>>931071
That's probably why the land there is so cheap. There's parts of Arizona that you could buy acreage for less than a weeks' pay, but you'd go broke shipping in drinking water.

That said, I have seen people run massive catchment systems that provide most of their water (assuming that they also recycle it multiple times; shower>sink>toilet>garden)

I'd do it, but I'd also offer to haul away peoples' yard waste and take every rotten vegetable I can from behind the market in order to put some moisture into my soil. You could do it, it'd just be a lot more work than what you're doing now.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.