[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else constantly fantasize about being something they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: revenant.jpg (105KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
revenant.jpg
105KB, 1000x600px
Does anyone else constantly fantasize about being something they aren't and never will be? For example I really wish I was a country boy or mountainman kind of person. Every time I meet someone who was raised in the country I get insanely jealous.

>constantly reading about big northern flyover states
>Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, the Dakotas, Alaska
>fantasize about being a hardy mountain man with a homestead and lots of kids
>dream about saving up and starting a farm when I want to retire
>want to be neighbors with Amish, preppers, farmers who still speak Swedish, gun nuts, cowboys, fundamentalist Christian cultists, white separatists, ourdoorsmen, and various other eccentric people
>in real life I'm an urban millennial who spends all his time on 4chan pretending
>>
File: 20161125_152154.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_152154.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>926424
Weird, I am all those things but in the SW.
>>
I did.

Then I realized nothing was in my way to achieve it.

So I worked my ass off for months, bought a plane ticket, acquired a visa, and packed my gear.

Leaving in 12 days. Gonna roam around Asia for some years as a nomad.
>>
>>926443
good luck anon, you finally followed your dream. Some day I will join you.
>>
>>926443
>Back into the wild meme
>Gonna roam around Asia for some years as a nomad.
I've met at least 400 of your clones XD
>>
>>926450
>XD
Sure thing m8
>>
>>926453
XD
>>
>>926424
you are not alone
>>
File: Melisandre_2x01.jpg (56KB, 985x543px) Image search: [Google]
Melisandre_2x01.jpg
56KB, 985x543px
>>926424
yeah but they tend to be more far fetched:
>a wizard in 1980s LA
>Stannis "the mannis" Baratheon
>owner of the Colorado Rockies
>mfw I will never share a drink with this cutiein the club house while watching us lose to the SF Giants.
>>
>>926424

>tfw I just wanna invest in some hedge funds and stocks so I can buy 40-60 acres in Montana, Idaho, or perhaps Wyoming
>small 1300 sqft home with satellite internet
>shoot guns, grow small crops, wander, fish, and just relax

This would be heaven.
>>
I know that feel OP. My dream is to own a little house in the country, with maybe three or five acres. Not much to ask for right? I got really close a few years back, but I'm a poorfag and when the 'recession' hit I lost everything.

Had to start all over again. Getting close to affording it now, and I'm terrified of losing it all again.

At least my dream is attainable. My heart goes out to everyone wanting to be a catgirl futa.
>>
>>926424
>is anyone else retarded?

No, OP. I'm perfectly comfortable with who I am because I'm not a faggot.
>>
something like heisenberg in new hampshire is my goal
>>
I would like to live in a place that has nature.
>>
>>928864
Whats it like being a teenager?
>>
>>926424
i want to leave the PNW and live a watery, boaty, scuba diving life in south florida. kind of like a big lebowski on southbeach, miami. ride cruiser bikes on ocean blvd, eat cuban sandwiches and freedive for fish in the atlantic. its still outdoorsy, just with a pastel color pallette.
>>
>>928871
You can, I have openings!

A.. are you "open"? Can provide meals!
>>
>>928876
uhh, im not sure if im open??? im not a weirdo but dont mind if other people are....
>>
>>928876
maybe ill figure out the lodging and leisure logistics on my own. we can have a drink tho.....
>>
File: tumblr_na5v2pfxb61qkeodto1_1280.jpg (244KB, 668x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na5v2pfxb61qkeodto1_1280.jpg
244KB, 668x1000px
lmao this romanticized view of us. there's only a tiny amount of people in northern north dakota and minnesota who still speak swedish or norwegian. there are still elderly people who speak german all over, but they're dying off and they often didn't teach their children much of it.

I guess I may have a different view on what normal is because I was born here (eastern south dakota), but I'd still say we're relatively normal or at least rural normal. no one cares if you own guns or finds it weird if you enjoy outdoor stuff (if that's a thing anywhere). loads of people hunt and fish, boat in the summer, snowmobile in the winter. I'm surrounded by nothing but farmland and small state parks, so camping is "camping" with electricity at a campground. we have hutterites instead of amish, and it's always a bit silly running into them at a place like walmart but other than that you forget they exist. might be more of a western thing, but I've not met anyone even remotely interested in prepping/survivalism/bushcraft stuff or who were overtly white supremacist, just your average casual racism

don't get me wrong, I really like it here and I wouldn't trade it for much (maybe montana desu), and you very well might love it up here, but it's not as zany as you're making it out to be. rather than go on an interesting adventure or meet the kind of people you listed you'll have conversations about football/hockey or hunting/guns over some beers.
>>
>>926549
Are you me?
>>
>>926443
I'm leaving in 9 days to do the same, just around the US. My first time doing something like this so staying in the country. Will see you that way soon comrade
>>
>>926424
Lol fuck the amish.
>>
>>926424
>Does anyone else constantly fantasize about being something they aren't and never will be?

Bruce Jenner.
>>
Yeah, immortal so I can see the complete decline of society. And I mean the kind that can't die from anything so I could wander into the wilderness without food.
>>
>>929209
>can't die

This is your spirit, jusy rcv God.
>>
File: 1431662268722.jpg (184KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1431662268722.jpg
184KB, 1023x682px
I want to kill all the humans.
>>
>>926424
I wish I lived in the southern US with a big house and guns, instead I'm stuck in my parents falling down cramped house in the UK.
>>
>>926424
>wants to be neighbors with preppers

You're just autistic.
>>
all the damn time
>>
>>929297
shoo shoo, go away you!
>>
>>926424
I'm fine with the current setup. I'm living on a farm in a small village and we're ever expanding our activity. One day, I will take it over and hopefully have someone to teach and get ready to become the master of the farm after I'm gone.
>>
File: Screenshot_11.png (603KB, 854x440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_11.png
603KB, 854x440px
i want to be a viking,
tough, mean, and a little crazy.

currently undergoing my own werid process
>>
>>926443
You're my hero

How much did you save up before you felt you had enough? What kind of place do you work at? What do you plan on doing when you get back?

Plz respond
>>
i want to go back in time when the humans barely discovered fires and teach them to do stuff (like metal working bows and shield formations) and build a glorious civilization and all encompassing empire in a single lifetime.
>>
>>926424
ITT: Grass is greener on the other side
>>
>>926424
I fantasize about owning my own property in the middle of absolute fucking nowhere northern Canada and just living off the land, maybe homesteading with nobody to ever bother me... ever. Every six months I'd make the journey out to town and spend a bit of my untouched savings on replacement tools or essentials or something before returning to complete freedom.

>I will never inherit property like this
>I will never be rich enough to buy property like this
>you can't just build a permanent shelter on crown land.. well you can but if a ranger or something finds you he'll kick your shit over and tell you to fuck right off, maybe fine you, I'm not sure how far it goes

My other thought is that I'll just live off crown land but every couple of days I'll relocate to a new camp. The issue with this is that it would take crazy extreme efficiency to be able to have time to do this and not die with the 8 hours of daylight in winter. I'd practically have to be an expert to do this, trap, hunt, get enough firewood for -30C, do chores, etc. Its a dream though, one day I will try it.
>>
>>926549
You realize that 50 acres is like 450m x 450m right? That's nothing. Its not enough to get away from the noise even. You'd use up all the dead trees in one winter and if there were a river or something, it would be full of shit from nearby access.

>mfw land is so fucking expensive
>the people who are lucky enough to have it abuse it and use it like its a throw-away-sex-doll and never appreciate it
>kill me
>>
I wish I could have been an explorer in uncharted lands. To look out at the horizon and see nothing forever. knowing that on the other side is death, glory, or both.

The closest I got was in the navy on the open ocean and the time I drive across the Mojave. But that required a great deal of imagination.

>le "too late to explore the earth, too early to explore the stars" meme
>>
>>929761
>How much did you save up before you felt you had enough?
$10000. I estimate that to last me a couple of years. I'll save money on lodging and transport by sleeping in a tent and just walk everywhere.

>What kind of place do you work at?
I worked as a hotel receptionist. But really, any job where you can take unlimited hours is fine.

>What do you plan on doing when you get back?
Well, I'm guaranteed work at my old job. But I'm not sure yet, part of the trip is to find out what I want to do in life. Perhaps study botany.
>>
>>926424
One day I will own acres
>>
>>926424
90% of the people I know arw country people. They're stupid and most of them don't work hard.
>>
Living in the middle of a old growth rainforest in either Bonin, Redwood Country, North Island New Zealand. Make a living and getting funding to hybridize and genetically modify foods for the betterment of humanity.

>No osage orange x breadfruit hybrid
Life sux

Reality is I'm probably gonna be in academia or something and traveling to other places to record people and their relationship to plants and pay others to do my work for me.
>>
Live in Oregon and work at a big tech company. One day I wanna move to Juneau and take regular excursions into the Alaskan country, I love the cold and I love evergreen forests, and everything I've seen of Alaska looks beautiful.

I've heard there are a lot of tech jobs up in the Alaskan cities, anyone know if this true/
>>
>>930119
As a country boy now living in the city this is pretty correct

>What people think country people are like
>Rough but polite
>Outdoorsy
>Farmers and laborers

>What country people are actually like
>Overweight
>Often unemployed, or working the same jobs as city people in a country setting
>Alcoholics
>>
>>928880
I'm pretty sure "open" refers to your ass.
>>
>Born in the North
>Mother was Southern
>Dream of being a southern country boy after loss of mother/maternal family
>dream of moving out of shitty restrictive state
>stay until I am 27
>Opportunity arises to get 3 acres of land in a small town down in NC for nothing
>Jump at it
>Cultural divide is real, but I feel incredible every day I wake up
>constantly exploring the local fauna (there is a big city 30 mins away and then nothing but farmland and country)
>starting to farm, getting tips from neighbors, got chickens for fresh eggs everyday

Seriously if you have a dream, don't waste time like I did. I could have been down here years ago but I fooled myself into staying due to "work, friends, family". In the end if you're not happy with your life you can only change it. There is no other acceptable option. I went from needing $2k a month to live up north to $600 down here.
>>
>>928869
I dunno. You'll get there one day.
>>
>>926430
How's that Paratrooper treating you? I have one, but have yet to shoot it.
>>
>>929297
I secretly hope you succeed.

Clarification: Since humans are, by definition, social creatures... that doesn't apply to spergs, right?
>>
>>930079
Where do you live that all 50 acre parcels iare horribly clapped out?
>>
>>926424
Being myself from the countryside I can tell you that all of these are achievable, maybe not all in one place, but still...

However, don't ever forget that settling requires money, that can be easier gotten by working in a city.

Also, not all places in the countryside have friendly neighbours. To clarify, people who have been there for generations may look down on you because you are not from there.

Protip: Don't ever say you are from a capital city, talk too much about your education and your experiences. Some ppl feel like you are rubbing their ignorance in their face.

Be smart.
>>
>>933421
I'm mostly talking about that the people who own natural forested areas here are the people who wear all camo clothes all the time that that they got from cabelas, carry an assault rifle on their property, and tend to shoot anything that moves and clear huge sections of forest so they have a clearing to hunt in or because they want more open field to drive their truck or something. I'm not anti hunting by any means but these people go out, kill a moose, take the best pieces of meat, and leave everything else as bait for coyotes, which they then kill and leave to waste. This is on the belief that the coyotes by default over hunt the rabbits. They go off of what they were told as kids that coyotes kill all the rabbits and that its healthy for the populations but they fail to understand that the populations change. Rabbit populations and coyote populations change incredibly quickly. So even when there are far too many rabbits, these camouflage hicks continue to believe they should kill as many coyotes as possible for fun. Oh yeah and they drive their god damn skidoos and ATV's around, tearing shit up, wrecking the beauty and fragile micro environments and creating tremendous noise pollution.

Ok also, they just don't appreciate it. They see nature as something to be overcome, that its a disgusting pest that should be exploited fully, cut down, and paved over. They have vast amounts of land and fail to see it as anything but a source of money. Its disgusting. I would give damn near anything for a tenth of the land that some people here have yet I will likely never have it because the land is so expensive. They inherit the land and take it for granted.

Rant complete. Question not answered. Rekt.
>>
>>934561
Ah, I see. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>926541
Same here
>dropped off on an alien planet by "the greys" as to see how well a human can fend for itself
>have to use my /out/ skills to survive alien flora and fauna
>>
>>926549
50 acres and a cabin can be purchased for less than $100,000 which you could earn in a few years you lazy shitbag. Get off your ass if you really want it
>>
>>934561
> t. NYC libtard who thinks central park is /out/
>>
Once I went hiking with a friend and on the way we ran across two kids, about 6~ years old. They were running ahead of us barefoot while we were trying to keep up on our hiking boots. I was legit jelly.
I also wish I had the balls to go hiking more often, and a friend to do so with, I don't know if it'd be a good idea to go by myself.
>>
>>929209
You don't have to be immortal to see the the decline of society, it will happen sooner as you think.
>>
I want to go on a big trip. Central Asia by bike. The problem is that I'm 28, have a job and a long term girlfriend in Paris. Even though I don't have much money it's a pretty cosy existence that I'm pretty scared of giving up.
>>
>>933130
But do you have any friends?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.