[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lyman Family Farm blocks road to popular part of new Bears Ears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: roadgate.jpg (57KB, 968x645px) Image search: [Google]
roadgate.jpg
57KB, 968x645px
Thoughts on this? It's a local story but it has huge implications for land use and access across the American West. Is this a sign of things to come if Republicans get their way and federal public lands are privatized?

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4784759-155/new-private-owners-block-road-to
>>
>>925677
>http://www.sltrib.com/news/4784759-155/new-private-owners-block-road-to
access to Enchanted Tower was blocked off the same way after faggots from Utah pissed off the land owner that left their gate unlocked. blasting music as they drove by in the middle of the night on a beer run.
>>
>>925688
Seems like people from Utah don't know how to share with others.
>>
>>925677

Well, it's their land is it not?
>>
Just cut the lock open, what can they do? They won't shoot anyone because of that.
>>
>>926000
They don't own the public RoW for the county road that they are blocking with their illegal gate, no.
>>
>>926010
people who behave like this are the type of people always looking for a reason to shoot somebody. right or wrong, i wouldn't trustem.
>>
>>926015
just look pick it then.
>>
>>925677
cut it

they knew the road was already there when they bought it; they can build fences all around their property, but they don't own the road itself and have zero right to block it
>>
>>926025
What they did is totally illegal and the only reason that they haven't been prosecuted for this is that they have the sheriff in their pockets.
>>
>>925677
When I see shit like this, I think back to when I used to care when the government killed landowners and take their land.
>>
>>926014

Then call the police and tell them someone is blocking public access.
>>
>>925677
>reading the trib
>ever

Various landowners always seem to be trying this. The only real answer is to take them to court, since blocking public roads is pretty plainly illegal.
Here's a similar case from a decade or so ago:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/595074613/Road-to-Stansbury-Island-ordered-reopened.html
>>
Bunch of faggots in this thread. Yes the Landowners are being cunts, but that doesn't give anyone the right, government or not to kill them or damage their property. Just fucking hop the fence. If they shoot at you for doing that, then they're going to jail for a long time. Or you can go find your buddies and occupy the gate, live stream it on facebook when they approach and threaten you, and make the landowners look like jackasses. The article even says the county is looking into what they can do to have the gate removed. Just lazy government, not Trump or Republicans fault. Don't politicize this garbage.
>>
>>926308
Not a local, what's wrong with the Salt Lake Tribune? Seemed like a decent enough article to me.
>>
>>926026

Welcome to small town America, guys.
>>
>>926320
The paper is just relentlessly left-wing. It has plenty of good articles, honestly, but the constant kvetching about the Mormon Church / the Boy Scouts / any organization that believes in anything less than full speed ahead on gay rights gets aggravating after a while. They also regularly run multi-page spreads about the few remaining polygamists in Utah doing exactly what they've been doing for the last fifty years. This usually means doxing their employers, which, most recently, resulted in a bunch of them being charged with child labor violations for the heinous crime of having their families help pick pecans. Their ultimate goal seems to be to force polygamists to be jobless and homeless - a very progressive goal indeed.

It just feels like a persistently mean-spirited paper to me.
>>
All that matters is the law. If the easement is legit, they don't get to revoke it.

That's why you go to your local tax assessor/court house/etc and read a CURRENT plat map for any property before purchasing.
>>
File: 1464903698040.jpg (30KB, 344x267px) Image search: [Google]
1464903698040.jpg
30KB, 344x267px
>>925677
>>926000
>>926014
>>926304
>This
Fucking /out/ threads bitching about political opinions they dont understand. Private land is massively different from public land - If an individual IS EVEN PUTTING UP a gate or fence on public land they can be fined and have it taken down let alone locking off the area.

There is a big legal distinction between a county road and a city road - sounds to me like the road the landowner partitioned off is one which only had the purpose of getting to a piece of wildland. We dont even know what the land is going to be used for yet and if the land owner had the intention of raising cattle or horses he would not only be within his rights to gate in his property HE WOULD BE COMPELLED to do so.

>>926010
>"Hey guys B&E is totally fine! What could they possibly do??"
>>926284
> "Heuh heuh heuh! Im in support of killing farmers and hard working blue collar workers because I have the moral highground! Did I mention I live in a city and have NO FUCKING CLUE how difficult paying taxes for a large parcel of land is or how infuriating it is when the government just decides to write me a check and take all of my land that has been in my family for GENERATIONS by force :DDDDD"?

The more I read on /out/ the more I feel like no one here even lives outside of NY and Portland.
>>
>>926598
Nicely done, anon! Thank you.
>>
>>926598
I think you're spot on
>>
>>926308
People who lease government land tend to get pretty butthurt and possessive of it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.