[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen people talk about dumpster diving on here before.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Trashy-Trash-Site.jpg (2MB, 2272x1309px) Image search: [Google]
Trashy-Trash-Site.jpg
2MB, 2272x1309px
I've seen people talk about dumpster diving on here before. What does a beginner need to know about it?

Specifically what stores are best to do it at and what times do you go
>>
>>925374
I just lurk craigslist free section
>>
>>925378
I usually just see pallets and firewood around here.
>>
>>925374
When I was a kid, me and some friends would go behind places like cvs and walgreens after holidays for things like valentine's day chocolate and Xmas lights. Go at night, dummy.
>>
This would fall under homeless general, go that thread and delete this one pls
>>
>>925433
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>925454
I mean every time you post a new thread it knocks one off the board. If you keep relevant threads under one general thread, you save space for more people to talk about different things. This is why we have hammock thread, homeless thread, fishing thread, growing thread, where people find the generals before they post whole new threads for their questions. Sorry, english is not my first language.
>>
>>925433
Homeless? I make 250k a year and own a summer home. Why would I post in a homeless thread?
>>
>>925487
Okay why the fuck would you tell me that? That just makes you look like an idiot who cant understand why youd ask questions about dumpster diving in a homeless thread.
>>
>>925478
>>925489
Not the guy you're talking to, but what the fuck does dumpster diving in general have to do with being homeless? The only case in which that connection makes any kind of sense is if you're dumpster diving for leftover food, or if you're sleeping in the dumpster afterwards.

Dumpster diving at a construction site or chemical lab or computer lab are all things that non-homeless people do.
>>
>>925522
What do you try and get if not food?
Retail stores lock dumpsters and otherwise destroy their trash. Scrap metal? Scrap wood? What are you finding then?
>>
>>925524
Electrical panels, rolls of brand new wiring that were extra at the jobsite, beakers, flasks, an occasional bottle of hydrochloric acid, fully functional computers that are slightly outdated, software CDs, etc. And not all department stores or other commercial places lock dumpsters. You'd be surprised.
>>
>>925411
I've dumped a motorcycle on /free, picked up some olympic weights, some dope scandanavian shelves, and probably some other good shit, but I can't remember
>>
>>925374
Growing up, dad and gramps would hit up a storage unit's dumpster at night.

That was pre ebay, craigslist, and storage wars.
>>
>>925374
Blockbuster used to have a great dumpster. When a VHS, DVD, or video game was first released, they would have a million copies. When people got bored of it, they would try to sell them and then a month or two later throw them out. I got so many DVDs and a bunch of Playstation and Dreamcast games from that place until one day they started putting a huge scratch in every disc.

Bagel and doughnut places always throw out the day-olds too and they are still good to eat if you catch em right after they toss them.

>>925415
Damn I need to go look for Xmas candy.

When I worked at Petsmart we would occaisionally throw out some cool shit but we were supposed to destroy all of it. One day somebody returned a ~$150 aquarium with the filter and lights built in because the filter was too loud for them. I just set it next to the dumpster and grabbed it on my break instead of throwing this brand new thing out.
>>
>>925374
there was a dumpster behind some tech building that was just pink packaging foam
>>
>>925609
Now that was a cool story.
>>
>>925374
People make dumpster diving sound like a free ez mode gold mine but its not. It depends entirely on where you live and then entirely on whether businesses lock the specific dumpsters in your area. The only reliable place I've sound so far in my Apprentice skill level is Petsmart which pretty much always has pet food. But they cut the bags open and semi dump it all over the dumpster, so if you wanna risk givin that to your pet. I've done it and my dogfo is fine.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.